Snyder Bat Epic Pt.1

I plan on storytiming all of Scott Snyder's Batman series starting with his initial run on Detective Comics which culminates with the Bloom arc.

Prior Bat Epic was the Miller Series which can be found.

The art in this series is nothing short of incredible.

Oh shit! As if swimming wasn't dangerous enough.

If possible, I would like

Bumps are greatly appreciated.

Gordon is expertly written in this series. Should have known Snyder was planning on doing something with him later.

Bump

This series really accentuates the fear factor of Batman. I love it.

Thanks man.

So that happened.

Interesting...

This one page perfectly summarizes the relationship between Gordon and the new Batman.

I know this may be too much, but I've gotten into a habit of storytiming after 7PM for the past week and I've found it to be an enjoyable activity.

If I storytimed something throughout the day would people read or is that time period ultimately not worth the effort? I thought I can storytime Smallville Season 11 during the day and Batman at night. If people promise to read I'd have no problem doing that.

Fucking hell

This is one of the series where I feel the backup story (Jim and James Jr.)

God damn it Jr.

I'm not sure but that looks like an egyptian vulture. Probably is with all the vultures before

Dick and Babs are perfect together. Glad they tied the not in Convergence. That's my canon ending for them.

I like that this technology is reference later in Snyder's mainline Batman run. Dick wears it in the first issue.

I have a giant comic boner for secret societies involved in dubious deeds.

Jock and Francavilla are so damn good for Batman stories.

I can't wait to see Jock's arc on All Star

IT'S THE CROWBAR!!!! Last time we saw this guy was when Damien knocking the ever loving shit out of Joker in the interrogation room.

Oh shit.

Hell of a way to end an issue.

JOCK IS GETTING AN ARC ON ALL STAR! That is seriously the best news I've heard all day. All-Star is easily my favorite ongoing Batman title now. The King Book is good, but I smile like an idiot every time I pick up ALl-Star. Also it's a different Two-Face story from what I'm used to.

I like that the Detective Comics issues were structured with the main story for the first part and the Jr. story as the backup. Made every issue an absolute treat. Black Mirror instead lumps all the Grayson and Jr. stories together.

Yeah, he's after Romita or the one after that.

Well that's disconcerting

Definitely channeling some Miller Bat vibes in the armor department.

The Riddler jammies just top off a brillaint sequence.

The mantle of Batman fundamentally changes a character whether they realize it or not.

I have no idea how I would respond if I was in Gordon's situation. Don't think I would be as cool as him.

As someone that has taken a class in psychopharmacology, this was a more than decent explanation.

We will never get more of this dynamic.