Are normies part of the reason for the decline of quality storytelling at marvel

> there are a large amount of normies who do not know mary jane's backstory and think that she's nothing more that a super model love interest for spider-man

>think that she's nothing more that a super model love interest for spider-man
Maybe that's all she's good for. I mean, fuck, why do we need her backstory? You're useless.

I suspect so, but not due to that. Modern Marvel (DC seems to be avoiding this trap) has been focusing so much on being accessable that they abandoned the weird shit that used to make cape comics great.

Storytime that issue pls?

I've been reading spider-man for 11 years and that's all I know about her too
I vaguely recall that her dad was abusive but maybe that's the ultimate universe I'm thinking of

the fuck happened to Gayle?

Also, no. Marvels decline is due to pandering to people using primarily qualities other than high quality itself. Normies collectors or fan boys when you decide making a quality product takes a backseat to forcing gimmicks then obviously the product will suffer

normies keep the industry afloat, pal

>marvel damage control at work

Not sure if slott or bendis

Goddamn, Peter's got legs

It amazes me how much a better comics can be when they actually try t condense a fucking story

> 80s

> there are a large amount of normies who do not know Peter Quill's backstory and think that he was nothing more than some outlaw that was kidnapped by space pirates when he was 8

This.
Pandering and caring more about getting noticed, no matter what, than quality.

Pretty much.

once you get used to reading the older ones it is kind of hard to go back.
Hickman's FF was the last thing I kept up with.

what are some good old comics

Depends. How old is 'old', in your opinion?

silver/golden age

I find that T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents from Tower Comics is an often overlooked gem from the 60s.

I really enjoyed Silver Age Adam Strange. They were awesome comics. Alanna his wife wasn't even useless compared to the silver age characters at the time like Sue Storm. She kicked ass.

Well not 8 but that basically is his origin in the comics now. The classic stuff got thrown out awhile back and Giffen was the only one to ever really mention it IIRC.

They could do some really neat stuff in that vein with King Peter but now that Abnett's gone I doubt we'll ever see him again.

normies don't read comics in the first place

>Marvel hires shit writers
>It's all the normies fault!

Keep telling yourself that Marveldrone.

Anything published before 1990. It's where the masterworks are.