Can an American give any insight to a non-burger why his ratings are so low...

Can an American give any insight to a non-burger why his ratings are so low? He's by far the funniest show host out of everyone

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/42291704
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tbs. I don't even know what channel that is.

he's on cable instead of regular tv

He's on a shit channel.

Why do faggots like Kimmel and Fallon get better channels than him?

I miss Late Night

He literally had The Tonight Show and gave it away after he failed to defend it from incursion. He's a loser. This is the era of Trump. LOSERS aren't tolerated.

Conan O'Brien is a happily-married-multimillionare-father-and-husband LOSER

I like Conan but late night tv is dead IMO

leno is an asshole

does he even btfo drumpf?

Because their slow and easily digestible form of talk show hosting attracts old people more
Only old people watch late show television anymore
Hence the ratings for a television program are going to go to the boring hosts who old people can process better and that remind them of johnny carson
So unless tv networks find a way to monetize internet reclips of talk shows at a level that would match television profits, it ain't happening

This. I literally only browse Sup Forums and watch youtube anymore.

because the masses are fucking plebs. does that really surprise you? look at the movies coming out today ffs

You fucks are why my novel has only sold 9 copies

He's not talking about Trump at every show.

I stopped watching when every single joke in his monologue just became 'drumpf' like the rest of the late night hosts. What a shame.

He is though, it's horrible and his California writing team should hang

you should have kept watching, he stopped almost entirely, very few trump jokes now

jesus

-His Clueless Gamer segments that were great and appealed to people my age and younger got gradually shittier and just became akward ass-kissing of the celebrity guest with little to no gampelay nor reaction to the game itself
-Needs more segments like those Jordan Schlansky ones
-Most scripted sketches that don't include Conan aren't funny

he branches out and talks about things other than politics which turns most old people and most young people away, then the only audience you have is people in the middle who are too busy working or raising a family to watch every last episode

That's nice your mom bought 9 copies

holy fuck

I guess if it sells I can't blame him

If Trump TV ever becomes a thing (that little hedge bet Trump made prior to winning), he should hire Stephen Colbert to talk shit about him on his channel. Literally the definition of controlled opposition.

>it's a "writers are on strike" epsiode

Because TBS is a small network that can't possibly compete with big 4.

Conan probably doesn't mind that, as lng they pay him 12 million, only 8 million less than he got at NBC.

A big factor here is the rise of political late night (thanks Bush years). Plebs got right on board with the whole Stewart/Colbert thing and it really crowded the space from Leno and Letterman who survived due to a large following. Conan did not have the following they did when these types came about. Fallon competes because he/his crew understood that getting on top of the whole Twitter, sing-a-longs, stupid games stuff works for easy laughs. Kimmel tries to compete in the easy laugh space, his celebrity tweets stuff for example or Matt Damon.

Now late night is either "look how smart I am! I'm watching John Oliver, Drumpf amirite!?" or "Jimmy Fallon playing beer pong with Seth Rogan!? Hilarious!". Political or easy laughs. Take your pick. Conan has neither of these spaces cornered.

Conan is probably the only talk show host who doesn't really need a writing staff.

I stopped watching a few years ago, after a while on TBS he seemed to get stuck in a rut. He'd often do lots of the same jokes (isn't it strange that the audience claps at a joke sometimes haha), his skits were uninspired, the guests weren't great and/or the banter seemed fake and was often tepid. Does anybody know if he's gotten any better in the last year or two?

That's gotta be the comfiest job. Write some skits, invite some people on your show, talk to them and ask them about their life, have a zookeeper bring by some cool animals and shit, don't stress too hard because you're just doing late night. Then go home collect $12 million.

>(thanks Bush years)
Late night shows were insanely popular before then, retard. There was a world that existed before your shitty millennial childhood.

The meme is real.

Reading comprehension, he said political late night. It was never so political before that. Now people watch it solely for politics, see John Oliver for instance. As if the entire rest of the day wasn't enough, you need to have it invade your comfy private space at home.

search daily show vids during the bush years and its the same thing really

talking about da stoopid republikkans is good for business

TBS is the literally who of basic cable.

Who Made Huckabee was Strikino

Those clips of them trying out skits that wouldn't make it to the show in rehearsals look comfy as fuck

The travel specials are good

>incursion
2 S C O O P S

S
C
O
O
P
S

TBS is huge in the southeastern US. It wasn't just some shitty cable station memed into existence from the top down. It was the SUPER STATION. You don't know the history of TBS, I do.

Is this the CEO of TBS? Make Conan do more comfy stuff.

is this why i kinda prefer jimmy fallon?

I'll check them out, thanks.

this
shane dawson is pure kino

No, you fuck. Learn to read. I'm a Gen Xer and the only shows ANYONE watched in the 90s after Carson left in the early 90s were Leno and Letterman. That's it. Bill Maher was around, but I don't know fucking anyone who watched Politically Incorrect. Then around 2000 the Daily Show became a thing, but it didn't really takeoff until post-9/11 when Colbert was on the show, and then of course we all know he made is own show a few years later.

Point being, illiterate shit, is that what I would consider relatively apolitical late night was dominant in the 90s which is roughly where I would put Leno, Letterman and Conan (the ONLY exception MIGHT be the Arsenio Hall Show), but that wasn't in the 90s. It was the 2000s which brought about the Trevor Noah, Oliver, and Seth Meyers types which really crowded the space then and today. Now it is either political, or easy laughs. Those are the only options and Kimmel and Fallon have those cornered. Which explains OP's question about Conan (it is not a coincidence the last big segment to be appreciated by plebs was the Tinder bit).

>Dinner and a Movie
>Always the same shit with Mars Attacks!, Edward Scissorhands, The American President, and a few others
>WCW
It was a really comfy station in the 90's/early 00's.

Holy shit that's awful.

I read somewhere that his first 3 years had really solid ratings and dipped ever since. Apparently he has a very loyal Latino viewer base who watch his tbs show when it airs.

oof that hurts

Imagine being this much of a brainlet IRL.

Still better than most late night guys

>easy laughs
Conan always went for easy laughs, it's what made his show endearing. The masturbating bear, vomiting Kermit, all of that shit was absurdist humor that provoked laughter through the sole merit of being fucking ridiculous.

And comedians have always done political jokes. Gen X-er my ass. Did you forget about Bill fucking Clinton? He was late night fodder throughout the 90s with all of his scandals and even before them, for being perceived as the 'weed smoking cool guy'. You don't know what you're talking about.

I remember when Dennis Miller hosted Weekend Update and every other joke was political for years. You're talking out of your ass expecting that no one here is old enough to call you out on your bullshit.

Ratings are low, but his key demographic is probably real choice (18-49, wealthy, educated, lots of disposable income, etc.). The production costs are probably cheaper since they don't have to deal with affiliate network since TBS is cable.

You can tell how a show is doing based on what kinda of commercials are aired. If you see lots of ads for Mercedes and iPhones, you're probably not watching Jimmy Fallon's Pleb Talk w/Giggles.

except old people don't stay up that late

>watching opinion news channels late at night
>multiple competing ads for hemorrhoid cream
>ads for alert charms to summon emergency services when you're about to die
>ads offering to buy your life insurance policy
I enjoy using groups of ads to estimate the audience type too but sometimes it makes me shiver

I miss those days.
vimeo.com/42291704

He's just not as good as he used to be, so when I see him now it makes me sad.

The bis reason is because he's on cable, and unless you're HBO with Game Of Thrones or AMC with one of their premium shows, cable is dying.

That said, it's pretty clear Conan is tired of the standard late night format. His Serious Jibber Jabber series on Youtube was excellent, and it would do him well to just adopt that format for the show, he's an excellent interviewer when it's somebody he's engaged with.

Internet is the new platform. He hasn't adjusted.

>THIS

I still think Conan is the best in late night, but he needs to focus more on internet based content.

If I remember correctly, Conan said he tries to keep very little politics in his show, so it wont form a biased platform. Most late night shows back in the day did that. Sadly, todays political climate is pure mainstream entertainment. So...it's kinda of bitting Conan in the ass

To be honest he's a pessimistic autist a lot of the times. He responds to a lot of humor with disdain and he derails conversations to shit on himself. I mean I really like Conan but he isn't really fun, he's just cynical the whole time. I can see why he's not doing better, he's better as a writer.