F-fuck

F-fuck
google.com/amp/www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/overwatch-first-strike-cancelled?amp

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752015856
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Apparently they're going in a different direction story wise that the original concept for First Strike didn't quite fit with where they are in lore development.

cartoon confirmed?

GG
Nobody cares about the first strike team anyway. hopefully they ditch that era and focus on the time when Tracer was on the team.

>implying Jack,Ana and Reinhardt aren't best Overwatch members
>not wanting story of them in their prime

What episode is that, I don't remeber that hottie on the left

I'm sure there will be a countdown for a countdown for a countdown for the story to be released and we'll get it roughly 56 years from now hahaFUCK BLIZZARD

>Tracer

>not Mercy
The bestest of the bestest of waifus.

Thats Pharah tho

The best waifu is Junkrat.

Tracer is cute.

CUTE!!!

> ruin game with latest update
> cancel first strike
FUCKING BLIZZARD

It's because they're going to make animated shorts about it instead right? RIGHT?

Well a few days or weeks ago there was reports of Overwatch as a Netflix show being considered. Maybe this means its moved pass the pitch room.

Repeating cute is redundant. We got you the first time

Lurk more good god.

Wait until 3rd strike, that's the better game anyway

Shop mercy into this.

That's Madame Rouge.
Don't remember the name of the episode but Jinx and the HIVE kids are trying to capture Kid Flash.

I don't play much, what changed in the last update?

>cancel first strike
atleast give us some junkrat lore instead you hacks

You mean Symmetra right?

Junkrat (and Roadhog) got his own comic. Some of the characters don't have anything yet. I've been waiting for a Lucio or D.Va short or comic for a while now

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752015856

What the heck is a "one hero limit"? You have to choose one class and stick with it?

Also, the only character I'm really familiar with is D.Va because she's so overpowered, so it's easy for a casual like me to do well in a match with her. I expected her to be nerfed, but it seems like they buffed her instead?

Anyway, what's so game ruining about this update?

>What the heck is a "one hero limit"? You have to choose one class and stick with it?
No it means your team can't pick more than one of the same Hero in Comp (and Quick Play now, the multiple Heroes was moved to an Arcade mode)

>Anyway, what's so game ruining about this update?
I dunno.

So if someone else picks D.Va first, I can't play her?

HA!

In QP and Comp yes. In No Limits Arcade, no

>Anyway, what's so game ruining about this update

"Someone else instalocked Genji before I could and I refuse to play a hero that actually complements my team comp."

It's a good change and you can still play the old way if it bothers you.

>"Someone else instalocked Genji
You mean Sombra

People are missing out not playing with more then one hero.

Redundancy is cute!
CUTE!

>you can still play the old way if it bothers you.

My issu comes from the fact it seems to take a little longer to find games now because of how spread out the player base is.

Quick Play is better now, I can still do limitless mode (amusingly, my team still follows the One Hero each rule usually, with the other team being five Sombra's plus Hanzo), and Random Heroes is always silly even if you can get fucked over by RNG big time there.

1v1 is only fun with friends which isn't an option available yet.
3v3 is just awful Roadhog/Soldier/Sombra mirror matches forever.

People still don't care about the Brawl rules unless it's something like Junkenstein

I think people at least want to learn about the original sixth member who is only currently known by name right now.

>3v3 is just awful Roadhog/Soldier/Sombra mirror matches forever.
Roadhog is an instalock but I don't see too many Soldier/Sombras. Usually it's like Genji and a healer.

I had a Genji/Rein/Bastion comp the other day

1v1 is completely an option in custom games if you only want to play with a friend. No need to make that option elsewhere

Hog is great, but so is mei, so is a competant junkrat, so is a sniper to gun down the innevitable but always shit Zen or Ana...
learn more classes and make em work.

If TF2 can't have a cartoon
Overwatch shouldn't either

He says things twice for emphasis.
EMPHASIS!

THIS

I await your butthurt

Blizzard said they're open to the idea of a tv series. Might be they're saving the "early days of Overwatch" setting for that?

>Blizzard are known for keeping a handle on their lore

>Anyway, what's so game ruining about this update?

It stops faggots from all going one hero and having zero team composition.

Gone now are the days where your team consisted of 2-3 hanzos / meis / torbjorns. You can still do stupid teams in no limit mode though.

Nobody cares about that piece of shit game.

>Tracer
Zzzzzzzzzzz

Guys

GUYS

Listen

inb4 Jack and Gabriel are gay

But Jack is Pharah's father

TF2 had its chance and Valve blew it. In an ideal world we would have both shows and they would be good.

>Blizzard are known for keeping a handle on their lore

On what fucking planet is this true?

That's Reinhardt

Reinhardt is to pure for filthy things like sex

Ana got him drunk and rode him like a german stallion

Maybe now they can focus on the fucking cartoon

>One Hero Limit
>ywn spam "We're all soldiers now" in chat and steamroll an unsuspecting comp team with an all 76's again

there's still the 6 vs 6 without limits for those spamming bitches in the Aracde

Good thing I stayed the fuck away from Overwatch

Game seems fine but man I can see why it being an MMO was dropped, the plot is straight up fucking retarded

>you spelled "fix" totally wrong.

Before this update D.Va was one of the most underpowered heroes in the game.

The story was already a convoluted mess from the get-go and the character designs would've been a pain to keep drawing, so no real loss.

>Makes a dude her personal cyber dildo just because he was dying and used to be a manslut
Slut

Are you kidding? I suck at these sort of games, yet when I play at friend's houses I wipe entire teams with her.

Fuck, if she had more health on foot, I wouldn't even bother with the mech, she's so fast and shoots so hard.

You realize they just moved it to No Limits in Arcade right?

So Chu canned First Strike to write that Gency epic he wants to do?

>The story was already a convoluted mess from the get-go
How?

It feels like only a handful of characters are relevant to the plot and the others are just thrown in because they are quirky and cool.

kek

most of the characters have literally no links to anyone else. I dont know why they would focus on the past instead of current events. Mei might as well be trapped in ice still cuz she has fuck all investment in the story.

It's supposed to be an international team and game. It would be weird if they only focused on the like 8 people who matter. Especially for a game that's 6v6

god this game and everything regarding it is such a fucking trainwreck

I'm glad I stuck with UT and Doom

What does it mean Sup Forums?

The should've drop out all the past shit that's convoluted and make the current line up THE only Overwatch team brought together to fight whatever, or like they are currently doing have two teams, Overwatch (good guys) end Team Edge (I forgot how they are called but you know who would be in it)
All out of game material is set in the past and yeah sure it sets up the lore, but it would better to go forward and have the new comics/cartoons/whatever affect the game.

Is not like the current in-game matches have a reason to exists.

Overwatch has a plot? There are a bunch of different characters and they kill each other.

The Jews control everything

There is a plot. Some people seem to think it's really complicated when it's seriously not

Can someone explain to me how the past shit is convoluted?

i just want based 76

6 sombra's on team first day she's out its a glorious trainwreck

The plot is really simple. The gorilla says some vague, indistinct things at the beginning, then you choose a character and kill the other characters.

To be fair, the exact same thing happened with Ana. Except it was 5 Anas and a Rein/Roadhog for about a week

It's literally the basic plot from The Incredibles but with more guns.

>superheroes were a thing
>scandal happened
>superheroes stopped being a thing
>but some of them can't stop, man, they're in too deep, they're nuclear
>which is good because no superheroes means bad guy have been doing bad things
>an overweight gorilla wants to get the gang back together and relive the glory days

>scandal happened

Then it's like

>Two handsome young men wanted to take superheroes in different ways
>Then they fought each other
>Then super-nurse brought them back
>Now they're EDGY GRANDPAS

Literally the Illuminati.
Overwatch, Talon, Volskaya, whatever that company in Dorado is called is all somehow connected to the nu-Illuminati.
Really makes you think.

>Scandal happened
I think that a black ops team that operates outside the law is worst then a scandal.
>but some of them can't stop, man, they're in too deep, they're nuclear
The ones that didn't stop started working as mercenaries

The plot, writing, and characterizations of Overwatch are absolutely no worse than your average incarnation of GI Joe.

It's a saturday morning cartoon with Street Fighter aesthetics, and it's not trying to be anything more.

Yeah, she was considered to be the worst tank. Good teams avoid her ult rather easily, and it's only used for crowd control. Her movement speed was hindered while attacking, and she still can't attack while defending or while flying. This is why she was consistently seen as a worse Winston, who scrubs believe is a bad character.

This is probably the best patch since launch, are you high?

What I don't get is the side stuff. Like Los Muertos, Australia being a shithole, the evil company Symmetra works for, what the hell is with Russia, etc.

>Like Los Muertos
An example of how the world went to shit post-Overwatch

>Australia being a shithole
Muh Mad Max references. Also wasn't this Junkrat/Roadhog's fault?

>the evil company Symmetra works for, what the hell is with Russia, etc.
ILLUMINATI

It's implied to be Roadhog's fault, he lead the raid on the Omnium that caused it to melt down.
Junkrat would've been a child at the time.

It's just worldbuilding mostly. You know, making it feel like a full, fleshed-out universe with things happening in it.

Daily reminder that you will never nut inside Witch Mercy

As much as I do want some answers to the lore and shit, it's not like it's necessary.
The game plays solidly, it's like I need to know 76's backstory when he's running around shooting himself and spraytagging the payload.

Look at the left side.

The Indians control everything.

I don't know anything of the metagame, I just know I tried all the characters and she was the one I consistently slaughtered everyone with.

Her being made even stronger makes me want to go get the game and start slaughtering.

Of course, I was only playing with and against other randos, and not actual ranked teams.

This, I'm not flying out to Korea to play in the pro league shit so D.Va is a pretty damn good pick.
Her ultimate is too telegraphed to pick up anything more than a single kill in most cases but other than that she's does decent damage, can protect herself, has good manoeuvrability and it's satisfying (and pretty easy) to pick up kills out of the mech.

Like I said before, if she just had higher health on foot, I'd ditch the mech entirely. Her little pistol does some absurd damage.

Roadhog and Mercy would be a cute, nonsensical couple.

RoadMer and JunkMetra are best crack ships

Trashmouse triggering Symmetra's OCD would be pretty great.