Which are better, Italian or Dutch disney comics?

Which are better, Italian or Dutch disney comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

coa.inducks.org/legend-creator.php?start=us&sortby=nationality&filter=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's Dutch Disney comics?

I've checked that blog with all the download links for Paperinik translations, and the translations for the original run of the comics were no longer working.

Anyone got an alternative link?

Italy got Marco Rota's duck comics. Apart from that everything is crap.

Italy, no doubt.

>Marco Rota

He was the best artist on a technical standpoint, but his stories sucks.

Mainly Daan Jippes, who's really known for being able to draw like Barks more than anything else though he wasn't nowhere near the writer.

As a Dutch person: Italian by far. Better writing, cooler art with more personality as well.

>DUCK BUTT DIMPLES
What is this crazy world we live in?

Some Italian Disney comics include some pretty lewd imagery, knowing that it is geared towards young children.

Daan Jippes is the most wellknown Dutch Disney comic artist, but he is definitely just one of many. There is a whole studio of (pretty mediocre) artists that churn out a dime a dozen stories on a weekly basis, for the Dutch Donald Duck magazine. Donald Duck is serious business in mainland Europe.

>Daan Jippes
They should let him draw some Asterix books

In Cavazzano world.

I've mostly read Italian Duck comics, and while there's some downright AMAZING stuff (PKNA, Double Duck, anything by Rota and Cavazzano) but there's some chaff in there as well - a lot of Italian Duck stories for a LOOONG time could be summed up as "Donald mentions a dumb idea for making money as a joke, Scrooge takes it seriously, Scrooge loses money, Scrooge beats up Donald" or "Fethry takes up a slightly unusual hobby, hijinks ensue".

In all fairness, Disney Italia has upped their game in the past couple of decades, but the old stuff doesn't always hold up.

Disney Italia had multiple stories on multiple magazines coming up every week for decades. The chaff is inevitable.

>that
>Cavazzano

Pretty sure that's a Sciarrone drawing. Google reverse image search seems to confirm that.

By the way, Sciarrone apparently made some seriously lewd drawings of Duck girls. Wtf

Dutch is what they export mostly to Scandinavia/Germany/German speaking region right?
Where the adopters occasionally write their own things.

Depends on what publications you're reading. The weeklies are filled with Dutch filler, Vicar stories and occassionally Rota/Barks/Don Rosa classics. The pockets are entirely Italian stories.

That sounds about right.

Italy volumes is nice, with the occasional French/Spanish story thrown in.

true, my fault.

American. American don't like Duck comics but they have the best artists.

Also fuck the itallians and their shitty OCs.

Italy has the higher average quality, but the Dutch have made good stories too and most of Rosa's stories were paid for by Egmont (including the regular chapters of Life & Times), so they are perfectly fine too. Except for that on editor's hate boner for Ludwig von Drake that causes him to say shit like "he's dead" and stopping Rosa from including him as Matilda's husband in the family tree.

>Except for that on editor's hate boner for Ludwig von Drake that causes him to say shit like "he's dead" and stopping Rosa from including him as Matilda's husband in the family tree.

Never heard of that story. What happened?

what artists are there besides Barks and Rosa?

>implying that America still makes duck comics

coa.inducks.org/legend-creator.php?start=us&sortby=nationality&filter=

who the fuck likes duck comics anyways
you're a retard if you do

who the fuck likes capeshit and weebshit anyways
you're a retard if you do

Paperino all the way.

Italy hands down.

So that means you like Duck Comics then

I can't read all this.
I meant, what other significant and influential artists are there? Genuinly interested

Actually the only decent Italian comics are by Massimo da Vita. Cavazzano and Marco Rota are ok, but mostly boring, the rest is garbage

Sauce?

the one with more tits, probably Italian

Don Rosa seems to be the favorite of many, probably because he both writes interesting stories and his art is filled with details

They think he's useless because Gyro Gearloose and the Junior Woodchucks Manual are already good for know-it-all expositions.

Dude was asking for artists OTHER than Don Rosa and Barks

There are a couple of perspective mistakes in this panel by the way. See if you can catch them.

yeah, Rosa and Barks are my favourites, I have all of their books. But besides them there seems to be no good American Disney artist

Remember that not exist only duck comics.
Italy does also good Mickey comics.

Floyd Gottfredson? You'll need to adjust a little to the conventions of pre-war newspaper comics to enjoy it, but it is definitely worth it. Fantagraphics has recently been reprinting his stories in deluxe volumes.

Reason why I stopped reading Donald Duck cartoons after Rosa retired

I haven't read many of them. Maybe when Fantagraphics is done with Rosa they will do some yurop artists.

>By the way, Sciarrone apparently made some seriously lewd drawings of Duck girls. Wtf
He had an actual exposition of duck Suicide Girls art in Milan. I've come to respect that dedication to such a specific subset of furbaiting.

Fat chance. There is just too little interest in individual Duck authors other than Don Rosa/Barks/Gottfredson. Sure, some of the more knowledgeable comic enthousiasts know about Rota, Vicar, Scarpa, Jippes, and so on. But I have never heard somebody say "oh yes, I love Vicar and his zillion filler stories".

There are some cheap paperbacks/magazines being published by IDW right now in America with European duck artists though.

>scanlations never went beyond #2
Still hurts

Apparently Papercutz is translating some Disney Italia stuff like X-Mickey

Daan Jippes
William Van Horn
Marco Rota
Romano Scarpa

IDW is releasing hardcover editions of the comics they translated as well as the early Donald Duck newspaper strips. Maybe when they're done with the latter, they'll start something else.