/tv loves the mediocre IT but hates the masterpiece mother!

/tv loves the mediocre IT but hates the masterpiece mother!
The absolute state of this board. Of course you can't appreciate highbrow cinema, you're only here to shitpost clowns and Bane memes.
And I never even liked Aaronofsky

>MUH GOD
>MUH BIBLE
>MUH MOTHER EARTH
>highbrow cinema

Aronofsky, plz

I thought Sup Forums declared the IT as reddit trash.

>highbrow cinema
leave now you brainlet peasant

>mediocre IT
>masterpiece mother!
The absolute state of Sup Forums

>anime remake
>highbrow cinema

'no'

Aaronofsky managed to do what Joyce and Lynch both failed to do- Translate a dream accurately.
Aaronofsky even uses the technique from Finnegans Wake of compounding metaphors together (Bardem is prophet, celebrity, God)(House is life, the Earth, Eden, Heaven, and Hell).
It's filmed beautifully, the pacing is excellent, the acting is great, and it truly is horrific.
It's a long dream sequence, a nightmare about the human fears. Fear of the Other, fear of bringing a child into the world, fear of the Apocalypse (both literal and biblical), fear of God, fear of being alone, etc.
This is what filmmaking should be, brainlets. Go post in your capeshit threads if you can't provide reasons for your love/hatred to this cinematic landmark.

Why when you open each thread about this you put an image of lawrence, are no more people in the movie?

>horrific

God, you're such a pussy.

No, Mother is clumsy shit and you're a contrarian faggot.

Alright, what movie would you say contains more horrific imagery?
Keep in mind I've seen A Serbian Film, Cannibal Holocaust, Salo, Martyrs, The Devils, and The Exorcist

'Clumsy' is a buzzword. I'm very much wanting to have a discussion abotut the film and would be delighted if you could expand on your thoughts beyond these few words

I can't stand to see her real doll, Inuit, pudgy fetal alcohol syndrome face.

I liked it a lot OP.

Because it's a J-Law shill thread.

dude genesis allegory and people are ruining the earth lmao

it's really not that highbrow, though having just gotten back from it I have to say it's really well made and the batshit 3rd act made it worth it.

because it reminds you you'll never get to sleep with a girl even half as attractive anyway?

What anime?

I have a feeling I would like it but I absolutely can't stand JLaw. I'd rather watch a mediocre movie than a masterpiece starring her.

Considering that for literally, literally, literally the entire (literally) movie the camera is either following Jennifer (literally) Lawrence's character around or showing a reaction shot of her face, I don't see how an image of her face is an appropriate thread image for the (literally) film literally

Hollywood is trying to repair her image, She's cancer to box office numbers.

Yes, either that, or when you type "Mother! film" into google images you get almost exclusively images of her face
But you're right, it's probably some deep-cover Hollywood shilling program on an Inuit icefishing enthusiast imageboard to repair Jennifer Lawrence's image

Go to bed Jenny!

I hear it's absolute fedora-kino, so I also expected Sup Forums to love it. Strange.

But what I asked was why he is using her, he can put other pic, unless...

>

Aranofsky's imagery, storytelling and direction are obvious to the point of being almost childlike. His use of biblical allegory is first year film student level garbage. His stories have no nuance at all. Everything is exactly what your first impression would lead you to believe. The Fountain is his only good film and even that one feels like eighth grade stoner meditation on the persistence of love in an impermanent world.

The Wrestler and the stripper are both using the currency of their young bodies in an effort to be acknowledged by others, and in every other way they are haunted by their mediocrity as it threatens to swallow them up. You understand this from the minute both characters have been introduced.

Black Swan- as in the ballet, the dancer only becomes appreciated by giving in to base carnality and uncontrolled ego and avarice. You see this, and the Fight Club twist backing in as soon as POS man begins to over emote.

Every fucking movie this cunt ever directed unfolds like an after school special. Requium: to show that drugs are bad and can affect anyone, he has his character fall victim to literally ever possible bad outcome of drug usage, for amputated limbs to becoming a prostitute to losing one's mind. A towering piece of clumsy, obvious shit.

Many of his lead actresses are humiliated or abused in some depressing way, from getting splattered in the face with cum to being beaten and stomped to having their nearly naked bodies ridiculed by frat boys in a strip club. Fuck Aranofsky.

I'm done. The motherfucker's movie license should be revoked.

While I disagree about Lynch failing in that area I must agree with everything else. While many will cling to one perspective I had countless theories and connections throughout the whole thing. It was fantastically made.

lol at jennifer lawrence trying to pretend shes a real actor and not just some pretty face

>biblical allegory
>masterpiece
Absolue state of OP

Wowee. You must be really cool to have seen all of those scary movies.

OSCAR WINNER
S
C
A
R

W
I
N
N
E
R

>deflection
list some movies user

Means so much.

I hate weekends, when the kids stay up late and shit post.

What's wrong with Bible?

It's good. But it's just Aronofsky doing Bunuel.

Not literally. The first and last scenes are on Bardem.

C^:

It's not ONLY biblical allegory, and if that's all you see in it, that only speaks to your shallow viewing. It's also a condemnation of celebrity, it villifies Marxism, it reflects on the creative nature as a whole, and it gets at real HUMAN fears, what truly scares us, not just making a scary clown pop out at the camera every few minutes.
And this is just off the top of my head after an initial viewing, there's far more to this movie than just CHRISTIANITY SUCKS LMAO

>masterpiece
>starring J Law

Yeah, no, I'd go see this I'd it was literally any other female, but he ruined a perfectly good movie.

I dislike both.