Why doesn't anyone complain about Brak?

Most people don't know, but originally, Brak was an evil space conqueror bent on robbing the galaxy. Cartoon Network and Adult Swim took him and turned him into a retard.And what's worse - to Hanna Barbera allowed that. Oh boy, I bet if this happened nowadays with other character everyone would go insane, but since this happened in the 90's nobody cares.

Nobody complains because no one gives a shit about the 60's Space Ghost cartoon, especially the people who are up late enough and stoned enough to watch SGC2C.

Also, they give a canon explanation for his stupidity.

Precious 90's retard Brak >>> Mediocre 60's villain Brak

How is this even a question

What a retarded thread. Next you're going to complain about how Harvey Birdman is supposed to be a superhero and not a lawyer.

I'd rather have a fun character than a generic villan

>Brak was an evil space conqueror bent on robbing the galaxy
This is still canon.

>In response to a viewer's letter read on an episode of Cartoon Planet, Brak revealed that his current level of stupidity was the after-effect of being thrown into a space dust cloud by Space Ghost at the end of "The Lure". Cartoon Network's write-up for Brak explained: "This toothy, mask-wearing former pirate made his first TV appearance on Space Ghost. It was during this adventure that Brak was irradiated by Pirranamyte, releasing him from the burden of intelligence. Now armed only with his meager wits and the love of a peppy tune, Brak happily entertains fans and annoys his co-stars with equal aplomb. He will continue to do so as long as he receives a steady diet of pineapple and processed meats."

Everybody complains about Teen Titans Go! being stupid compared to the original and everybody complains about Lola Bunny from The Looney Tunes Show being nothing like her Space Jam counterpart.

That's different. The whole point of Adult Swim's early shows were to take old obscure Hannah Barbera characters and make them into a real life setting instead of generic 60's superhero cartoon.

Teen Titans Go is like, what, 7 or 8 years removed from its original fanbase? Maybe a bit longer for Space Jam? The Space Ghost Show happened like 20-30 years after the fact, and the guys who watched it probably did not give a shit that SGC2C was a thing, and if they did they probably laughed their asses off because they were high as fuck.

The culture in the 60's was so different. Cartoon shows like that were a dime a dozen. Now, cartoons are like specialty programs in of themselves - you've got Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, etc. doing nothing but creating a brand off of their animated repertoire. 'Fanbases' weren't nearly as much of a thing back then as they are now, especially for characters who only appeared like twice in a given series.

I liked his space ghost loser version

Don't most people like/prefer the new Lola?

All of the Space Ghost villains kind of being idiots on SGC2C and Cartoon Planet was kind of what actually made those shows.

>Tenn Titans Go!

People like original Teen Titans

>New Lola

People liked jerking off to original Lola.

The whole reason they used Space Ghost was nobody gave a shit about it, it was literal late-night filler so dismissed that even the original designer of Space Ghost himself called it bad. The AS team needed a show they could fuck around with that no legal team would go after them for, soemthign so obscure and with so little fanbase that nobody would go after them for ripping it to shreds.

No one fucking cares about original Space Ghost, even by Hanna Barbara characters he's nothing.

One question, was Brak ever supposed to be Asian?
I remember Brak had a Chinese accent in the original. He also has squinty 'cat' eyes and a large head which belong to the Chinese people's phisionomy. Even his name is monosilabycal.

wasnt there a space ghost comic series recently? hows that going?

>everybody complains about Lola Bunny from The Looney Tunes Show being nothing like her Space Jam counterpart.
I have personally never seen that on Sup Forums - in fact, back when TLTS was on the air, I remember Sup Forums overwhelmingly liking her and even considering her a vast improvement. The general consensus seemed to be that she went from being a "strong gurl" who wasn't allowed to suffer slapstick violence, to actually being funny.

Is that a fucking Brak cross stitch pattern? That's glorious.

That should tell you something about the pathetic losers who bitch endlessly about continuity concerning fucking cartoon and comic book characters.

man why doesn't anyone complain about space Ghost not being generic

Man why doesn't anyone complain about Zorak not being bland

You sound this retarded.

>everybody complains about Lola Bunny from The Looney Tunes Show being nothing like her Space Jam counterpart.
>implying
18+

Brak never had a chinese accent.

The people who grew up on the original Brak are Baby boomers, while those who grew up on Space Jam and Teen Titans are Millennials.

Millennials use the Internet way more than boomers, so their voices are heard louder. Plus the Internet was barely existent back in 1994, when SGC2C premiered, so e-celebs couldn't post Youtube rants about how Brak was "ruined forever".

I LOVE BRAK!