Why the "Martha" scene has been so badly received by the fans?

Why the "Martha" scene has been so badly received by the fans?

youtube.com/watch?v=Oufremzw7d8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/58KXLPE7M_s?t=1m37s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because it's dumb as fuck

/thread

You can try and pull whatever thematic intent you want out of it, as a scene in a movie it's unintentionally hilarious melodrama followed up by the fastest character reversal in narrative history.

It's terribly conceived, written, acted and directed.

>''Save Martha Scene'' God versus Man Fight Night'' Part 3

The fuck is that video title? You see, this is the problem with the people who actually think things like this are cool

/thread

Fuck off Snyderfag.

You are already sperging on 3 threads.

Do you call your mother by her first name?

"I have to save my mother."

There, now you don't need Lois to step in as Batman still gets the emotional gut punch of seeing him stop another person from trying to help their own family.

Because they spent the whole movie showing how batman was determined to stop superman only to have him stop because he realizes that their moms have the same name. That makes no fucking sense and it is completely absurd.

The whole challenge of the movie is to justify the conflict between batman and superman, since they're generally depicted as being allies. At the very least, they wouldn't consider each other enemies typically. The film then spends 2 hours showing us how batman is ready to take out superman, which was not an easy decision to make, only to have batman stop because of a name. Seriously? I mean, the movie as a whole was pretty dumb in general but that scene made me throw my hands up in the theater.

>this is the problem with the people who actually think things like this are cool
It's kinda the old 1 v 1 thing that seems to be everywhere:
Marvel or DC
Coke or Pepsi
Ford or Chevy
Republican or Democrat
Redskins or Cowboys
Superman or Batman
Captain America or Ironman
Captain Picard or Captain Kirk
Intelligence or Nolan/Snyder fanboyism.
etc etc.

Good idea and theme, poorly executed. I thought Henry and Ben did the best they could do with the script they were given, in my opinion. Their acting didn't come off as contrived or forced to me.

>/threading you're own comment

>Their acting didn't come off as contrived or forced to me.

>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAMEEEEEEE

>THAT'S HIS MOMMY'S NAME

Cause its fucking stupid

Uh oh everyone it's the meme police toss your weed

Problem?

SHUT UP FAKE GEEK GURLS

Sup Forums loves BvS and your LIES will will make we change. There is nothing wromg with the scene, if you read comics and know the characters.

I hope that JL is another Snyder sucess, just to see you fake geek girls bitch and moan.

The only other time I laughed harder at an unintentionally hilarious moment was when the bats lifted young Bruce out of the cave. I absolutely lost my shit in the theater and almost got removed.

Actually the retarded awful Killer Croc shuffle into the sewer in SS was almost as stupid as this scene. DCEU has been spectacularly awful.

you could see him trying to say her second name in the film, he was jsut being choked to death before he could get the words out, and then Bruce went all crazy

>Because they spent the whole movie showing how batman was determined to stop superman only to have him stop because he realizes that their moms have the same name. That makes no fucking sense and it is completely absurd.
Well yeah partially because of the same name, but more because it humanised Clark in Bruce's eyes who had seen him only as a alien threat till that point.

Who the fuck calls their mother by her first name? Shit, I'm adopted and 30 now and I still call my adopted mother "Mom". This scene was just pure awful

Because it's fucking stupid.

>Actually the retarded awful Killer Croc shuffle into the sewer in SS was almost as stupid as this scene.
but that was great mane

Of course it is, Snyder really has no idea about how real emotions work, plus he hates comics and only wants to use them as a backdrop to his power fantasies.

see

>the fans?
No? Fans loved it. Non-fans were the ones who didn't.

But mom is a shorter word than Martha. If he was being choked wouldn't it make sense to say mom instead?

Dude it's bad cuz like it's bad?? Are you kidding me? You really want me to explain my reasoning? Vote Hillary!

But that wouldn't tie into the shoehorned Batman Origin footage that was shown of Thomas saying "Maaaarthaaaa" before he died. Literally the only reason why we had that shitty scene

But cape comics are nothing but power fantasies.

autism

>s-save my mommy Batman!
That sounds more kek-worthy than martha.

This is the first time I'm seeing this scene and I can't stop laughing. Jesus this is stupid.

Still wish the whole Vs part of this movie was just a ruse.

>Bruce, wait, I need your help...
>I know Clark
>you know who I am?
>I've know since Ms Lane's second article about you
>Lex sent me here to kill you. If I don't he'll kill my mother.
>Your mother is being held a few blocks away under armed guard, we can't get to her so easily, we need a distraction
>Lex did want us to kill each other
>*bat grin* well then we better make it look real then, shouldn't we?

Fuck man, all I wanted was World's Finest, not Vs.

Seriously, who calls their mother by her first name?

>>if there is even a 1% percent chance that he will one day destroy us all we have to destroy him cause thats to much power for one being to have, I know I couldnt personally handle such power and stay good, which Im proving with my current actions as I have no accepted collateral damage in my crusade agaisnt a man/alien/god who DESPITE my worlds greatest detective skills I cant seem to find or simply havnt bothered to find a shred of evidence that he had ever used his power to even jaywalk.
>>Our moms have the same names my god what have I done, that 1% chance clearly negated as Martha's only breed good boys, and despite my previous mistrust for you, that was so strong I was willing to kill you over it mere seconds prior, you saying my mothers name, shortly after saying my name in our battle, could never be perceived as desperate lie meant to stagger me emotionally, as I had not just told you how the loss of my parents drive me and also you couldnt possibly ever know bruce waynes mothers name was marsha

Im so confused

I guess it depends on the relationship and situation.

No because
1) he wouldn't know who that was and
2) he would assume it was some alien

>stop because of a name

>we don't need you to explain the scene to us!
>Duh why does Batman stop because name??

The thing is, people don't get the scene then get mad when someone tries to explain it. What's up with that?

Well, Bats sperged out when he said Martha too, saying mom would make him spazz out less, I think. Knowing that the alien is capable of having human traits.

see

The scene looks retarded

the explanation is even more retarded

So it's like someone handing you a bowl of shit, and when you ask what the fuck's up with that, they smile and explain that this shit is premium shit pooped out by a Japanese man undergoing living mummification

>the explanation is even more retarded
how is it?

>The scene looks retarded
Prove it.

Because however you dress it up, it's "Batman flips his impression of Superman (who could have stopped this fight at any time by saying "hey Lex Luthor is holding my mother hostage and wants us to kill each other") on a dime because their moms have the same name and he discovers Superman's humanity."

That's retarded.

you're just saying its retarded (And no Supes couldn't of said that because he didn't get a chance to) and giving no explanation as to why

me and my friends had to pause the movie we were laughing so hard when Batman said
>My parents taught me a different lesson
>Dying in the gutter for no reason at all!

Wait, that wasn't the lesson?

I don't really see how knowing he has parents would change Batman's opinion of him.

Shit, he was making quips about his mother not even 5 minutes before the MARTHA scene happened.

Awkward contrived execution.
The idea was sound. Batman is big time "MUH PARENTS" so of course crying out his mother's name would make him pause. And a man crying "save my mommy" is definitely going to humanize him in his eyes because that's what he's been doing every minute of every day of every month of every year since he was fucking eight. But how it went down, why would Clark refer to his mom as Martha like that? Lois standing by to give exposition to Bruce didn't help either.

>Sup Forums loves BvS
FTFY

>And no Supes couldn't of said that because he didn't get a chance to
Yes he did.

Great scene. Proper build up and execution. People who don't like it don't get it. Simple as that.

the clips right there, thats a bunch of bullshit. He says "Martha" then a (pause) then guttural gibberish. You are projecting "Kent" out of that gargling.

He had the chance, Batman just had zero reaction to him saying "Bruce, wait, I need your help." Which, again, is awful writing on Synder's part

no he didnt

Many psychos still love their moms. It doesn't make Superman a good person.

So, you haven't actually seen the movie yet? The line "Stay down, if I wanted it, you'd be dead already" could have been replaced with "Bruce, please stop, my mother's life is in danger and I need your help to save her."

Synder is a fucking hack dude.

you can hear him try to say it when gargling though

>awful writing on Synder's part
>snyder
???

because you can say a full sentence like that when your throats being trodden down on.

Your a fucking retard dude.

Man, that sounds great

It's been a while I could've sworn the scene went "look I don't want to do this, I need some help there's..."
"blah blah blah FUCK YOU ALIEN!"
Yup I was right youtu.be/58KXLPE7M_s?t=1m37s
Nobody said it did. The point was Clark was crying for him to save his mom, he finally took a step back to realize what a dick he was being and that the guy was just trying to save his mom for the last five minutes.
He means during the actual fight when he throws him across the roof.

Reading comprehension you fucking moron, do you have it?
>the line "Stay Down, if I wanted it, you'd be dead already"
Did not happen while Supes was being choked. Go and watch the fucking movie next time you want to make a thread about it.

>because you can say a full sentence like that when your throats being trodden down on.
The Stay Down part was quite before that retard.

Also, he could have just tried talking instead of pushing Bruce halfway across a building because he got in his face too.

Or just not come down and scream about his situation from the air. Or at least don't come down in a 3 point landing and crack the roof instead come down gently with a "I mean you no harm dude, please help my mom out"

Thanks, it's a sad day when anons on Sup Forums write better than than the ones WB approved of.

> the guy was just trying to save his mom for the last five minutes.
and so why is that retarded?

>He means during the actual fight when he throws him across the roof.
>talking during a fight
good logic buddy

>talking during a fight
He clearly had enough time to say "Stay down, if I wanted it you'd be dead already".

You're a speical kind of dips hit art you? Have you actually seen this film? Because your posts would suggest that you have not.

This is such bad writing.

As fun as that sounds, I don't really get the point. Really come to think of it Lex's ultimatum was pretty bullshit apart from the whole "go fight him" there was no repercussion for their team up since Lex was too busy at that point. Also Clark never planned on actually fighting him but I don't get what his plan would've been since if they just teamed up and raced off Lex would've fucking killed his mom.

I'm assuming this plan is under the idea that Bruce isn't an idiot and already knows the situation with Martha and already has a plan to save her.

Alternatively, Bats just tells Supes the location, he zooms in there, gets her out. No problem. I mean it's not like Lex was actually monitoring the fight given how he thought Supes had failed to kill Bats

Still better than what WB actually gave us

>implying he's op

You're right, I let my implications get the better of me, although...
>implying he's not the OP
Eh, anonymous, am I right?

>people actually defendin TRIGGERMAN
Damn, you' guys will eat every shit just because snyder said so. It's disgusting. They just turned iconic comic character into insane brain-damaged autist who can be stopped by word and you liking it.

The whole point was that it didn't matter what he said. He could have said anything and Bruce wouldn't have it. Clark could have come right up to him and told him right out, "You're a big guy," and Bruce would just beat his face in and say "For you."

But that iconic comic character IS an insane brain damaged autist

Fuck off Sup Forums

>"Stay down, if I wanted it you'd be dead already".
you mean when they wernt actually fighting properly?

And you're a special kind of illiterate.

but it isnt

Stop projecting. He is genius ninja vigilante with strong moral code and vows.

t. casual

>comic book character acts like comic book character
>I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT FANS OF THIS CHARACTER WOULD LIKE THIS!!!

His strong moral code and vows are because he's a brain damaged autist though.

Agreed. Anyone who likes Marvel movies needs to be banned. This is a board for comics fans.

Warner Babies everyone, these are the kinds of fans they spawn and survive off of.

WBDC is finished, bury it, next time they play a movie at your cinema, don't see it. WBDC is dead, consider this mercy.

Anyone who promotes Company Wars should be quarantined to Sup Forums

Fuck off, pleb. There is no single good story where Batman kill tons of people, can be manipulated by twitching autst and triggered by MARTHA.
His moral code and vows are strong because of incredible training and good education.

>. He could have said anything and Bruce wouldn't have it.
What if he said "My mother Martha Kent is in danger" from the beginning?

He tried. Bruce was being too much of a dick to listen.
But really this could've probably been greatly fixed if they changed "You're killing Martha" to "You have to save Martha"

Maybe, "Please save Martha."

>Bruce was being too much of a dick to listen.
Bruce haven't done any serious damage to him. Calrk could continue to talk instead of making offended angry face and throwing him in the building.

not a argument, shit not even a good argument, if i liked BvS why would i like WB?

Bruce kept fucking doing it though.
I don't care if you're an unstoppable alien, it's just nice to see some manners in today's age.

DKR has him kill a bunch of mutants
>inb4 rubber bullets
Nigga those still kill

He also attempted to kill KGBeast in ten nights

Because you're an obvious intern who has to love his company in order to keep your job.

He literally thought he was about to die, you're God damn right your gonna say please if you actually gave a fuck

you're an idiot

>Bruce kept fucking doing it though.
Fly above at ten meters. Ok, Bruce, now listen. *Batman desperatly jumping in his suit to touch supes cloack while Clark talks*

He had many opportunities. Instead of hitting back, since he can't be hurt anyway, he could have calmly explained himself.

Oh wait. Snyder doesn't want them to talk in costume. I forgot.

So you wanted supes to just stand there like a cuck?