Who do you /kin/ with?

Who do you /kin/ with?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictive_kinship
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotard_delusion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When are we going to start treating shit like this as a mental illess?

When people actually start believing it and acting like it, instead of just being dumb teenagers trying to get attention online.

I still can't believe this shit made it past the dA era.

>Who do you /kin/ with?

I dunno. How do I find out?

Really makes you think

What the fuck is he saying?

This sounds suicidal as fuck

It's like waifuism, but not for sexual.

What exactly am I looking at? Is this one of those "in my past life I was an anime character" type of things?

context?

Yes. Unfortunately.

Why are you posting the bullshit of attention-hungry preteens trying to figure out who they are and how can they be relevant through getting in on the trendy bullshit bandwagon du jour on Sup Forums

you just have so much in common with a fictional character you're basically him
I think

No one fucking understands who I really am on the inside.

Okay, real talk. Are the fiction kin people trolling? How can you be someone that someone else made up (probably after they were born)? That doesn't make sense.

HYPERCRISIS

Where did you get this picture of my /kin/?

kintypes are a special breed of crazy

I think it all started with the personal pronoun bullshit. Suddenly people were inventing new genders left and right and also coming up with shitloads of new terms of their own for their pronouns, like xir instead of him/her. The fact that this shit was taken seriously and even supported by various institutions, like some media and universities, encouraged people to go even deeper into crazy.

So, inventing a bullshit gender for yourself like aromantic sapiosexual or whatever is passé, inventing pronouns is nice and all but everyone does it. In come kintypes. It's where you literally believe yourself to be "kin", or be, something other than human.

At first, it was wolfkin and the like, the crazy kids who walk around with fake ears and tail and talk how they actually are wolves, just stuck in a human body, and who occasionally act weirdly and claim this is because their wolf self is influencing their behaviour.

But it just kept getting crazier and crazier. Dragonkin, unicornkin, whatever.
So by now, you have, among others, fictionkin, where teenagers literally try to claim they ARE a certain fictional character (yes), just trapped in a human body. Or angelkin or #actuallydivine or whatever, where folks think (or claim they think for internet points) they are literally celestial, divine beings like angels, and make whiny posts about how their clothes are cramping their (spiritual) wings. Etc.

It's like a weird internet club where you earn points by being super weird in a "unique" way. I bet you there are pokemonkin people.

Ah, I see.

These sad abominations are what you get when you destroy authentic culture and identity and replace it with consumerism and liberal gibberish. Though there are historical precedents (The Suffering Of Young Werther) these things have gotten way out of hand nowadays.

I think they're just insecure preteens trying to get attention in a way that seems to net sympathy, acceptance, being special and unique and delicate, and the precious oppression points everyone at tumblr uses to win arguments

Do you think there are people who think they're kin with historical figures? Is there a tumblrina out there who thinks that they used to be Hitler?

>and talk how they actually are wolves, just stuck in a human body
is this hypercrisis?

I think most of it was authentic up until about 2013, when even surface dwellers caught on to this whole bizarre kintype thing. It also has varying levels of sincerity, so you have people saying they're kin with something as a bungled shorthand for describing how much they enjoy it. Without realizing that kin is also used by people who think they're dragons.

Very possibly yes
I haven't seen them but I'd almost promise you there is a tumblrina somewhere claiming they're jeanne d'arc kin or anne frank kin, for example. Hitlerkin is a bit edgy but honestly I wouldn't be surprised.

I can definitely promise you there are shitloads of undertalecharacterkin people, though.

Can I be mootkin?

I saw a documentary somewhere online. You had a bunch of ultra emo teens walking around with tails sadly hanging from the bum of their black skinny jeans and talking about their need to be in a pack and occasionally howl at the moon. It was sad. Sad.

Yes user
If you truly feel it in your heart, if you KNOW that you identify as and are, in fact, moot, he is within you (no homo), he is locked in your body, then who is anyone to tell you it's not true?

Actually yes.

They call it "historykin".

I identify as Adolf Hitler, Idi Amin and Nathan Forrest!

>when your head mates are having an argument with each other but you just want to relax

Oh God I remember those.

I identify as jack kirby

I identify as Napoleonkin. I demand France to recognize my right as the Emperor!

I identify as both Saddam Husseinkin and Bin Ladinkin, the SJWs can't have a problem with this, if they do it's Islamophobic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictive_kinship

So that's how it starts, they just stumble upon a wikipedia definition of something and since it sounds like it's an identity thing they start using it as an identity thing

im /kin/ with the male swimmer from pokemon sun and moon

but in all seriousness, most fictionkin are just 13/14 year olds just doing dumb shit. they're kids, of course they're not gonna get a free pass for doing something stupid, but they usually out grow this phase.

Now, there are some rare cases where people in there early and mid twenties are fictionkin too, there's just no hope for them.

How the fuck do you even figure something like that out?

it's basically
>watch a cartoon/anime
>relate to a certain character in anyway
"omg i was actually *insert character here* in a past life!!!"
rinse and repeat.

Unilateral declaration, much like wars.
You basically just announce that this is what you are doing now.
Except you don't have half a million men with tanks and planes march over Poland and rounding up their army as soon as the units surrender, no you just decide that that's kinda it now.
And their territory remains defiantly unconquered outside your head.

>kin
Byrgenwerth pls

Thats just silly.

I identify as Samsa-/kin/.

Sure is Sup Forumsmblr today.

there actually was a historykin blog where someone kinned with hilter

it's shut down now, but shit it was a trip.

I can only imagine that they see angels as pretty winged humans (which some were/are in a manner of speaking), and not as fucking eldritch monstrosities that had to tell people BE NOT AFRAID!

To be fair. Hebrew peasants would likely be afraid of any modern person walking up to them and speaking a foreign language, too.

I bet they were a troll tbqh, that shit would definitely enrage some SJW kin people

who else /ciakin/ here

As a /banekin/ this triggers me

The dude is double-dipping!

He's ashamed of being one fictional character while proclaiming that at least he has another fictional character that he can pretend to be.

Isn't this frowned upon? You can't be two fictional characters at the same time, right?

user...

I always picture it's Shakespeare saying it when someone posts just the word 'user.'

Huh, I always picture Mozart.

social media was a mistake

They're just kids being idiots, user. It's hard to tell because on the internet nobody can tell who's writing what.

I'm sure you or people you know did dumb shit back in the day. Only we were lucky that most of the early internet stuff is gone now. These kids are going to have their tumblr posts about being literally naruto around forever.

>fictive
What?

Personal pronoun bullshit came out of Otherkin, not the other way around.

I don't care if it's "harmless" people who do this shit need to be euthanized so the resources they waste can be put towards better things.

It's pretty sad how all of this could have been avoided if English had decent gender neutral pronouns.

You retards overreacting to this shit are about as cringey as them.

Tell that to the identity politics morons.

Im either carl or zim

I will when I see them user, I promise. In the mean time you be a good boy.

DON'T JOKE ABOUT KIN-TYPES

I AM LITERALLY
Handsome Hank Hackleschmidt-kin

who else /su/ kin here?

true

How does it feels that if America would ever collapse it would probably due to identity politics and social tensions based on identity?

these are literally no-one 13 year olds

You are getting mad over nothing my dude

Retarted SJWs like OP's pic are just the tip of the iceberg and are merly the symptons of a much greater and much more serious problem within American soceity.

says who? you? why should I trust you?

Is "fictionkin" just the Tumblr word for "Literally Me"?

kin of Literally Me when?

right now

My guess on the more 'serious' types is mental illness + relating to a character or idea so heavily it becomes empathetic. Mix that with pre-teen/teens and you got otherkin.

What the fuck are you doing on Sup Forums if you're mootkin? Go abandon us again to the mercies of an asian scam artist if you're really mootkin, you fucking pile of shit prick.

As a /Sup Forumskin/ this gives me pleasure.

multiverse or some crazy people shit

just visit /x/ for 5 minutes

Jewish?

I'm fucking pissed you didn't spell it as mootykins

Hypercrisis is specifically the crossing between the realms of fiction and reality through multiversal possibilities.

Fictionkin just like to roleplay and want to tell people about how much they like to roleplay.

This is obviously a bait ask that you're posting, but everyone in easily-baitable Sup Forums will think it's genuine. This thread should be deleted.

I met a girl who actually believed in it one time. I asked a few questions and when I pretty much backed it into a corner she confessed that it's basically a coping mechanism to help with her psychological illnesses. She literally used the term "mental illness" to describe it, if I recall.

the Internet was a mistake

I don't get this kin shit. Normally when I hear someone say "I'm kin to ___," it's a Southerner referring to being related to someone else.

But if I understand right, when a tumblrite uses it, they mean to say they literally -are- the character or animal or what the fuck ever in another body? Why the fuck isn't this treated the same as DID or any number of other personality disorders?

Ha ha holy shit I took that exact picture in my playthrough. What the fuck, Game Freak.

I am /kin/ with mah boi goofy. he puts feddie scum in their place.

My name is William so I have a special fondness for him.

>aromantic sapiosexual

That would be a fake sexual orientation, not a fake gender

Mental illness basically
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotard_delusion
>Cotard delusion is a rare mental illness in which the affected person holds the delusional belief that he or she is already dead, does not exist, is putrefying, or has lost his or her blood or internal organs.

Dude I'M A WILLIAM TOO
How come I never meet any other Williams IRL
Isn't it supposed to be a common name

This is very different from thinking you were Patrick Star in a past life. Mostly because it's an actual, genuine mental illness.

As much as /r/atheism and other associated retards may insist otherwise, faith is an inherent part of being human. Humans must have "faith" in something, whether it be their local sports team or a political party or a bunch of sticks tied together to resemble a cow. It's as inherent as the opposable thumb. People need to believe in something, and when you tell people they shouldn't believe in something you end up finding dumb people who believe they once existed as a cartoon character.

But the second reply of this thread also hit the nail on the head when he said kids just want attention. Especially female kids. Especially female kids going through puberty. Especially female kids going through puberty on tumblr.

Nah. These people are just stupid as fuck.

What the hell is this, exactly?

It is. Number 5 in fact. On the other hand, our name has a wide range of diminutives so maybe they're just in hiding, and go by Bill or Liam for instance. I've got a tier list for those nicknames, actually. I can post it if you want,

>wikipedia definition
Is it just me, or does that Wikipedia article not have ANYTHING to do with fiction? It sounds like it's about the relationships between human beings or something.

The reason anthropologists call it "fictive" is because it refers to made-up kin groups. Like how a kid refers to adult friends of their parents as "Uncle ___" or people call an unrelated friend "cousin".

It doesn't have anything to do with the weird fan idea.

yes, it's completely misinterpreted

> much more serious problem within American society

are you telling me some 13 year old's awkward wet dream phase is the worst thing happening to america right now

as far as society is concerned, white guilt being completely out of control and identity politics are doing a lot of damage

So if you have Historykin, that basically means identifying as real people.

This isn't a mystical reincarnation thing, so what is stopping you from identifying as someone who is alive?

Can I go to that tumblr user and say: "hi, I kin as you, and I really like the Nutshack so as a youkin I know that you wouldn't say that, so please delete this uwu"?

I think Thanfiction (a fanfic author who was in LotR and Potter fandoms among other things) did something kinda like that. S/he claimed to be able to channel the spirit of Elijah Wood, or some shit like that.