What did your grandparents do during World War II, Sup Forums?

What did your grandparents do during World War II, Sup Forums?
My grandfather was with the Desert Rats in North Africa and fought in Italy later in the war as part of a tank crew.

Grandmother was supposedly a nurse in Ireland.

Dumping WWII pics.

Fought in North Africa, was captured in 42'? Then returned home

Ran a successful million filter plastics business. My dad didn't fight in the war because we were rich. Only poorfags get drafted

My grandfather was stationed in the Phillipines at the start of the war. Ended up going through the Bataan death march, and several years in Japanese prison camps. He's actually in this picture here.

pic related

The Irish stayed neutral. So..your gramps was an English loyalist and risked his life for England to go blow up sand people?

Hmm...

My granddad was British and served in the Pacific with the Royal Navy.

They simply went to school. My granddad joined a Belgian tank crew in the British army in '44 though. He was 21 then

my grandfather on my dads side was in Montreal eating jew deli food and fixing lamps.
My grandfather on my moms side was being a cowboy in AZ.

Both ended up being weebs and left their families for sideways pussy.

My great grandfather was weapon smuggler, after war he was killed by soviet as an threat to new order

I'm half-British.

My Grandfather was a Sargent in the Lancashire Fusiliers sent to Africa to throw Lee Enfields and Grenades at your granddads.
He was that Patriotic after the War, he joined the Territorial Army and became a Sergeant in that too.

Grandfather from my mom's dad was in the Navy. My dad missed being able to WW2 by a year, but served during Korea.

My grandmother, who my Navy granddad married and brought back after the war, was from the mountainous farmland around Lyon and always claimed, and will only say, "WE WERE FREE FRENCH!!" despite that territory being occupied, so I can only assume she did some partizan shit.

Fought the Japs in PNG.
Quite the marksman apparently, he's been mentioned in a few books from the Australian point of view.

Some of my early memories of family functions are of him breaking plates that had 'Made in Japan' on them.

Grandpa 1 died before the war. Was a supply sergeant in the US Cavalry.
Grandpa 2 was a radio operator in the Merchant Marines.
Thanks to all who served, regardless.

One grandfather drove tanks in Holland during the Allied invasion. The other trained to be a bomber navigator but the war ended before he could help burn any cities to the ground.

grandfather was in the British army and served as a radio operator in a tank in North Africa. His tank was blown up by a stuka and he was the only one to survive. He was wounded several more times after than, including from friendly fire. Sadly due to ptsd and several failed marriages he killed himself in the late 60's.

great grandfather was an SS officer and died in Russia near the end of the war, grandfather was in the hitler youth. feelsgoodman

One was probably farming and the other fired at germans I think for a day or two and then never talked about it

It's been 77 years since the start of WW2, the man was born 2 years into the war

Grandpa's Uncle was an Italian Admiral and got richer looting Greece.

The British are Celts though, so...that doesn't make much sense either. The UK and Ireland would do far better together (in business, not countryhood) than apart.

You COULD find all those back woods Fenians and give them access to weapons and set them loose in the Streets of Dublin, Cork, London, Stoke-on-Trent, Leeds, Birmingham etc etc etc to kill muds.

Half your problems would disappear within a years time given proper ammunition and sustenance.

Grandfather served on the USS Colorado BB-45.

Grandmother worked in a munitions plant in Denver, CO.

THis is fucking horrifying and rage-inducing.

Holy shit, I am actually crying

I wisll make you anglo bastards PAY for what you have done to the German people.

Wow, I must be a lot older than most people here. My -father- fought at Guadalcanal and went ashore with the first wave at Tarawa.

He never talked about it. Ever. In fact, my mother warned us on several occasions never to bring it up.

They had sex and had my aunt.
Then they had some more and had my dad.
Followed by 4 more kids.
My great grandfather worked on a certain railroad in Burma.

My grandparents just went on with everyday life as we had the good wisdom to stay out of world War 2

Mine fought in the pacific, iwojima, guadal canal.

>What did your grandparents do during World War II, Sup Forums?

win

England, America, Canada and other countries financed thr entirety of rebuilding via reparations. Be grateful krautfaggot, I mean...wahibi.

DELETE THIS

>the British shouldn't be united under one flag
Why?

All of them were children.

>grandfather a machinist
>they say he should stay back to oversee humvees or howitzers or something
>says lolno i'm gonna enlist and fight
>gets sent to Alaska
>something about having to make boots out of snow

He was in an Ordinance Company with the Fifth Army in Italy. His combat experience consisted of getting strafed by the Luftwaffe "a few times." He also handled POWs and spoke a little German.

Pic is of an unofficial unit medal showing the devil thumbing his nose.

They were born in WWII

Perhaps someone forgot to tell you that Germans were niggers.

As a Canadian you can be drafted into war by the Queen, who is a Windsor (German, not English) and have absolutely no authority over your life as a subject of HRM.

How does that make you feel?

Paternal grandfather was with British Intelligence in Asia. Maternal grandparents were teenagers trying not to get roasted by Kraut incendiaries during the Blitz.

one of my grandfather died fighting some gooks in the field, his body was never found. one fought as a guerilla

kriegsmarine.
other one got captured while defending italy. he died this year :(

On my mother's side of the family: they were too young to be too active, only 9-10 when we were invaded in 1940. My grandfather never talked about it, but I think he did some black market odd jobs (tobacco, coffee, news) with the rest of his family. My grandmother was just a little girl, but from what I have heard she was forced to witness the executions of monks and nuns who had given sanctuary in their monastery to a group of wanted men.

On my father's side of the family: my grandfather was of German stock, so he was drafted by the Germans to do prisoner transports on river boats. From what I've heard, the bureaucracy wasn't great and the German guards who had to watch the prisoners didn't really care, so his crew bribed the guards with beer and sausages to let the Dutch prisoners go. By the end of the war, when the rivers were under fire by the Allies or frozen during the winter of 1944-1945, he was sent home. He was alleged to have been involved in a raid on a German warehouse (where they were letting confiscated food and fuel rot to 'punish' us for a railway strike, killing tens of thousands of elderly women and children during that winter). He was arrested, put in a cell with other prisoners and was supposed to be taken out to a nature reserve and shot at the end of the week, but Germany was about to surrender so the guard captain, to save his own skin, pinned the blame on one of his own soldiers and had that guy shot instead. My grandfather was released and given food in compensation, because the captain hoped he'd put in a good word for him. But then, seeing my grandfather's German surname and his access to food, he was targeted by what we call the "naoorlogs verzet", people too cowardly to join the resistance during the occupation but suddenly 'empowered' to act like heroes when they had Allied soldiers backing them. It took him years to rebuild his reputation.

>hiding
>was not alive
>too important for war
>did his duty and lost an eye

My great-grandfather smuggled things that were under ration because lol at fighting in the Eternal Anglo's wars. My grandfather from the other side of the family was a European and fought against the Germans when they invaded his country though

drove a tank, saved his entire crew twice and got two purple hearts. my other grandpa was infantry

My father was in Inteligezioneeinsetzgruppen

RIP.

Did he every say how he felt about the condition of modern Germany?

funny how faggots always claim their gramps was a desert rat or s.a.s.

despite the incredibly low numbers of both.

mine was Hitler's personal guard and drank the supersoldier serum.

They were either too young, born during the war, or not alive yet

Yea, my grandparents were from peasant families who married and had kids before hitting 20

It seens honourable

Desert rats weren't even special forces.

My great grandfather was a sheriff in a small town down in the state of Chihuahua.
My grandpa was a coal miner in that same town.

they are bait kraut

Feels good man, supporting my people for the good of Britain.
I plan on immigrating to Britain at some point.

Poland started WW2 when they slaughtered 6 billion innocent German people. Hitler tried to save them, but the jews and the anglos used under handed tricks and defeated him

We will never stop. The last ARYAN will be thrown into the BLOOD REFINERIES and we will all laugh as the ARYANDIED is finally initiated.

Grandfather fought in Soviet Army. Drove in convoys. One day, his convoy was bombed to oblivion, him being the sole survivor. Clawed his way back to base, despite injury.

My grand father fought in the Pacific. Killed lots of Japs. Grandmother made radios for aircraft.

my great grandpa died in pearl harbor

>bait
>Not an ancient doctrine spanning over 1400 years with its end objective as ARYAN destruction

One Grandpa fought on eastern front around the Leningrad area I believe and lost both his brothers, other one bombed anglos.

My grandmas brother did though serve in north africa and personally met rommel, he played music for him on multiple occasions. From what she told me he said that Rommel was a pretty fucking cool guy.

Also yes I know my flag, here for business. Georgia is a piece of shit btw.

My great grandfather was in the 116th Panzer division. He was captured at Aachen and was at a POW camp the rest of the war. He had such a good impression of the US POW camp system he moved after the war. Family only figured this out after he died because he left war journals and a coin. We had someone translate it. We did research and it is a neato coin. He carried it because it was "lucky".

next you'll be telling me the SS wore socks.

bet your grandfather was Batman right

I really don't understand why you'd isolate yourself on an island with a very resentful migrant class. Super confusing. Seems counterproductive.

Also, please stop duty free shopping in my country, codependency is embarrassing.

Portugal doesn't want you.

most of the people in ww2 died from dehydration after playing mmorpgs for 48 hour stretches

My Grandparents were pretty young (Under 18), they basically hid, my Great Grandparents are a different story, Great Grandfather died in the Warsaw Uprising

don't have any shit from ww2 from grandparents, but got a plaque from ww1 showing service

One was partisan from 1941. Then he deserted at battle of sutjeska because e was in dalmatian brigade which got pretty fucked up. He returned in people's liberation army in 1943 when Split was liberated for the 1st time. Maternal grandpa was too young to fight so he watched his father getting executed by SS Prinz Eugen division.

From father's side: Grandfather and his father fought in both winter and continuation war.

From mother's side: Grampas father fought in winter/continuation and lapland war. Grandfather was 1 years old too young to be drafted in lapland war so he was left out.

Both grandmothers were in the LOTTA organisation and usually they spend their days monitoring soviet airplanes and reported the plane numbers, flying directions ect. to the anti-air units so they can be shot down.

My great grandfather was a worker on the Atlantic wall

Grandfather 1 worked for Reichspost sorting mail on a train. Grandfather 2 got grandma pregnant on a village festival but was married already.

One was a sapper in the 28th infantry division. Saw combat in the battle of the bulge.

Other was a deckhand in the pacific.

My uncle drowned in Bug river on the eastern front, but I'm sure my father was killed by americans in Auschwitz-Birkenau

>bombed Anglos.

That worked out well for his country in the end

Also North Africa. 6th Div.

Nobody used poison gas in Europe though

Fathers side:
my opa was a U boat officer, my oma was a nurse at Buchenwald.

Mothers side:
my grandpa was a RAF fighter pilot, my grandma a native american drunk in Utah.

All of this is meaningless because I am the only child, only grand child, and I sterilized myself. My blood line ends with me ahahahaha

My grandfather was Hitler Youth. He died before I had a an appreciation for the history. I would have loved to pick that man's brain. If he was willing to tell that is.

My grandmother lived in Berlin. Her family moved out to the Rhineland during the bombing. So she thankfully wasn't in Berlin when the Russians took it.

They moved to America in the early 50's. Both are gone now. I still have family in the Rhineland though. I really should visit before it becomes Germanistan completely.

My grandfather fought on iwo jima. He didn't do it so my nation could be destroyed by illegals and Muslims.

The desert rats were a division, not some elite unit or club.

My grandad was in the RAF towards the end of the war. Didn't see heavy combat by that point as the luftwaffe was basically a non entity.

Spent the next ten years playing chicken with the USSR airforce on the borders of East and west Germany before returning home to continue being a carpenter.

Nan was a nurse, saw some awful injuries during her time

My grandad repaired spitfires, grandmother was a nurse

Pops was a warrant officer in the American army and primarily worked at sea oddly enough. Army actually has a lot of ships

US Air-force over Egypt.
Was shot down. One of his legs broken. Captured an Italian platoon and waited for rescue.

Dafuq?! I have a union jack, yet im in louth...

Grandfather was first a member of a local regiment (Not sure which one probs the Gloucestershire) then joined the 3rd Battalion the Parachute Regiment attached and apart of the intelligence core. He fought in North Africa, Sicily, and the Netherlands (Battle Of Arnhem). Was captured at Arnhem and taken to Germany to work on the rail lines, thought about fighting in the British Freikcorps (Big anticommie) however escaped instead and found a U.S army unit and lived out after that the war was over for him.
>pick not related

ok you have my attention, care to elaborate. maybe some source on this