Dr. Who: Power of the Daleks

Did anyone see this in theaters when it came out on Tuesday?

Is anyone seeing it tonight on BBC America?

youtube.com/watch?v=zDMfMpW6evI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kt3qZYUPi2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=KeMMow_Itqw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw not in theaters in Canada till the 30th
>tfw leafcuck

>nearest theater showing it is in Canada
>live in South Carolina

fuck me.

They showed it already in South Carolina last Tuesday.

I didn't see it though, because it's going to be on TV tonight at 8;30 PM on BBC America.

North America gets a theatrical release for this and the UK doesn't? What the fuck.

fuck, if only I knew about it sooner

I didn't but I'll probably grab the DVD when I can. Is the animation as bad as it seems? Although the cg daleks look great.

i should watch it, i'm obsessed with missing episodes. but it'd be better if they animated something from the BASED JOHN WILES ERA

You get over the animation after like 5 minutes. The sound, performances, story etc are all so good you get immersed in it anyway

he's my favorite doctor so i really should see this.. maybe i'll get a link

Yeah I mean, I'm sure I'll love it no matter how bad the animation is. When I did my watchthrough of the classic series a few years ago I was lazy and ended up skipping any serials with missing episodes, so it will basically be all new to me.

>When I did my watchthrough of the classic series a few years ago I was lazy and ended up skipping any serials with missing episodes, so it will basically be all new to me.
>Skips first post-regen serial
I'm not really one to talk, though- I skipped many of the episodes that weren't that important (consulted Whopedia for major continuity notes), and made sure to watch key episodes, including regen serials (both ends), companion intro/exits, and anything that gets introduced/referenced at a later date (regardless of if one or more episodes in the serial are missing).

I didn't skip The Tenth Planet and I remember trying to watch Power of the Daleks, since it was 2's first story, but I probably only watched the first episode of it.

I've watched every complete serial though.

Is Ben always such a prick?

Cool that they're reviving the trashed episodes this way, but why are they animating it like that?

Because the BBC wants more money without paying Cosgrove Hall to do actual animation.

Britannia can't into animation for some reason.

>2nd with the magnifying glass
MAKE IT STOP.

For some reason, there's almost no overlap between Doctor Who fans and good animators.

Wiles is indeed based

Are those drawing by primary school children or the show staff?
I'd believe either answer.

Blue Peter contest winners. Sadly "The Egbert" never made it to screen, but in 2006 they actually made and aired a kid's submission. It was shit.

The first doctor brought out everyone's natural assholery.

I found out about the theatrical release too late to go.
I have listened to the audio of this one while drawing, and it is a really good adventure.
If I could have picked one to get animated, this would have been it.
I'll probably by a digital copy if I can.
I 'd like to watch it on xmass, really.

Sup Forums

So are they going to show a new episode every Saturday? Or did they just show the first episode to basically bait people into buying the DVD?

>Animation.

Fuck outta here.

Nah, all 6. I've already got the next one set to record.

If I were a rich man (ya ba dibba dibba dibba dibba dibba dibba dum) I'd commission Studio Madhouse, Production I.G., whatever to animate the missing episodes.

The kid designed it as a huge building-sized monster and cried at the actual episode.

They're setting the Doctor up for an "Archer" crossover.

When you wrote that user my mind went to thinking of link related.
youtube.com/watch?v=kt3qZYUPi2Y
This was actually better animated imho than what we got today. Jojo/Kenshiro Doctor is best Doctor.

Bump with did they have to animate this so stiffly?

Not showing near me and I don't have cable, so it's a no go for me. However, as a huge Troughton Who fan, you can bet I'll buy the hell out of it when it comes out on DVD.

>I have listened to the audio of this one while drawing, and it is a really good adventure.
I've got the audio drama on CD and listen to it on long road trips. It really is a nice adventure to pass the time.

>Is anyone seeing it tonight on BBC America?

Only if it ends up On Demand afterwards . ..

honestly, removing the red head would improve this animation 10 times

as neat as that is, it does highlight one of the things that really bugs me about Doctor Who sometimes, the whole "Daleks/Cybermen/Whatever are immune to conventional Earth weapons" that is way overused by the franchise, or at least in the parts I've seen

There's an era of the show where the Doctor is bound to Earth and works with the military and I swear every single episode no matter what the monster is, it's immune to bullets.

>TFW the next blue peter competition winner was probably traumatised when he found out what his character ultimately became.

The "immune to bullets" shit always made Seven's eventual death kind of funny in a dark sort of way.

Poor bastard didn't realize he was dealing with BBC budgets

I kinda like it. It wouldn't feel quite like classic Dr. Who if the production value was too high

So far, the scientist dude is my favorite character.

"Yeah, reviving the Daleks.....I can tell this was a bad idea."

If I had known BBC America was going to air it piecemeal instead of showing all the episodes in one block, I'd have gone to see it in a theater.

youtube.com/watch?v=KeMMow_Itqw

I don't watch hipster trash, so no

What?

What about Otaking?

>good animators

Oh yeah. Right.