Has there EVER been a DC comic worse than Identity Crisis?

Has there EVER been a DC comic worse than Identity Crisis?

>Introduction by Joss Whedon
Automatic reason to hate it: Check

>Quick, everyone! Stare at Superman's dick!

At least make it a challenge.

Countdown, Convergence

Yeah, Super semen

Super semen?

Gay for Justice definitely gets my vote. It was stupid and painful to read on almost every level.

IIRC, all the males are dead in the world and Wonder Woman plans to repopulate using a jar of semen she got from Superman.

Something to that degree

I don't think so because it's not only bad it had bad long reaching effects

that's a dumb thing but that doesn't mean it's a dumb story. i mean it might be and probably is but still

Yup, Super Semen

Oh, right. JLA: Created Equal.

Yeah, pretty much all SM/WW centric comic are awful.

Didn't help that the first issue for that mini came out at about the same time as Y:The Last Man started. "You know the horrific implications of this premise? Well, we're papering over them while this other series spends years exploring it. Grab a bottle of complimentary Super semen on your way out. No, not that stuff. That's Luthor seed."

JLA: Created Equal

Cry for Justice is worse on a pound-for-pound level, but Identity Crisis did way more damage to the DC line as a whole.

Cry for Justice destroyed the Arrow family.

And then Super-Toddler accidentally snaps Lois's spine by hugging her. I wish I was joking.

What about Lex Luthor turning all the thousand of Superman's babies into a red-pilled army of neo-nazis who were pissed off about the amazons raising them as sissies?

Oh God. I'd blanked that out.

That Inhumans v X-Men book is shaping up nicely.

Convergence, New 52 Harley Quinn, Glass' Suicide Squad, and apparently Tom King's Batman (I've been enjoying that one though)

Didn't Identity Crisis pretty much kick off all of the awful comic writing tropes of the '00s?

Countdown went on for a whole fucking year and only managed one good scene. I'd give it my vote.

That's not DC.

Partially. I'd include Ultimates.

DC has a lot of dumb book where you're left wondering "What the fuck were the editors thinking?" and a lot of it has to do with sex and fetish. DC has a lot of weird sexual content in their stories.

For example take the DCYou Midnighter's run where you had Prometheus pretending to be gay and getting buttfucked by Middy all so he could lure Middy into a false sense of security to better stab him in the back. Dude literally went gay for his revenge. This was an important plot development in the book as well. The villain taking up the ass to have his revenge.

As bad as Identity Crisis was, DC still upholds it as a classic story.

>Prometheus pretending to be gay and getting buttfucked by Middy all so he could lure Middy into a false sense of security to better stab him in the back. Dude literally went gay for his revenge. This was an important plot development in the book as well. The villain taking up the ass to have his revenge.

This is like a South Park episode

Because it has the word crisis in it, which demands that DC classify it as a "super important event."

Seriously the only good part.

Also RIP Trickster.

Convergence is nowhere near as bad ya dummies

Countdown is worse though

All-Star Batman is shit.

Part of me wants to laugh but most of me wants to cringe.

What pisses me off the most is I really liked the story cause I love elongated man and then it just went full retard

"Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" is the absolute worst comic of all time.

I like Identity Crisis. Not because it's good, but because of how the DC Universe and Infinite Crisis shit on it. When people talk about how Watchmen made comics edgy and shit, this is the book that springs to mind. It's a very topical book right now, considering we have Rebirth going on.

This one's at least close.

well when you say it like THAT of course it sounds dumb

>Judd Winick
Well there's your problem

Convergence t the least is harmless. And we got some good stories out of it. Countdown is liquid garbage.

Dc's barrel truly has no bottom.
Pic related.

It aint gay if it's for revenge.

Just dropping by to say that ID is great.
The character voices are uncommonly good.

>the test came out positive
Whoa. Superman gave Lois AIDS?

Yesn early Robbins' Batman

But should superman's baby be essitially human?

It took sometime for his power to begin showing, why would his baby be different?

Amazons Attack

so bad even Cascioli fuck out of the last 2 issues and dropped out of the industry

There are worse comics, but ID is the one that just won't go away. It constantly makes "best of" and "essential reading" lists despite being utter shit. Its like the Civil War of DC events

It's "edgy" so therefore it's bad. HEY. AM I DOING IT RIGHT, Sup Forums?

It's bad because it's bad user
>Jean Loring somehow manages to outsmart the entire combined effort of fucking Batman, Mister Miracle, Doc Magnus, and Mister Terrific
>Character Deaths that doesn't tie in the main story
>Dr Light being an "Ineffective" Villain when he just BTFO the Teen Titans a few months back

>implying it wasn't incredible in its pettiness

What about Act of God? I don't think that I've ever read a worse comic in my life.

What? You don't like Christian Wonder Woman or Alcoholic Superman?

Or all the tech based heroes being rendered useless for no particular reason, or the ending where everyone decides to become Batman because clearly he's the very best and only effective super hero in the world, or...

Seriously, such a bad comic.

Or the fact that Diana was about to kill herself while pregnant if Superman didn't showed up at the end

God damn, who drew these derp faces, looked at them and went "Yep, that's good"

They look like potatoes

of course.

Two Scenes, Jason giving the Monitor as the other scene.

Can't forget the brainwashing subplot.

I liked Identity Crisis.
I had never gotten into the deeper DC universe. Anything beyond Batman and a smattering of Superman was alien to me.
I thought the story was pretty cool and got me giving a shit about guys like the Atom and Elongated Man, whom I had never even heard of before.

Can someone name me that one writer that almost ruined Jason Todd permanently? Can't remember the name I think it was Tom Gavan? He made Jason a pimply, ginger crybaby with an inferiority complex.

Dude's national treasure, fuck you.
Jason gave what to the Monitor?

Atleast the art's cool.

Queen lyrics?
Kinda of cheesy but ok.

This? Judd Winnick.

I understand why people hate it on plenty of levels, but I enjoyed parts of it quite a bit. Same with Hush.

This is the story DC should be renouncing, not Watchmen.

Grant Morrison?

Nah, that story is retarded in a fun way.

It's straight up MAD Magazine shit.

that was good though

its bad because it had heros performing literally the most evil act in existence.

its bad because doctor fucking light raped sue dibney

>I have never read Blackhawks.

Oh nigga, I wish I was you.
Hell, almost all of the Blackhawk content at DC, really.

>Joss Whedon introduction
>in a comic where someone gets raped

I'm surprised.

The willingness to embrace sexuality is a good thing most of the time. Problem is that a lot of comic writers have huge sexual hangups.

See: Chris Claremont.

this one is up there

They really wanted to give Roy character development, holy shit.

>Chris Claremont

Shit, how could we forget Whom Gods Destroy?

Is really character development when they keep going back to MY WARD IS A JUNKIE over and over because that's all that ever made him different from Robin

holy shit this is awful, who wrote it?

Shut up Alan Moore. You might have fooled the rest of them but you're not fooling me.

Dunno what's more funny, his hair or neck.
Curse of sidekicks.
>new 52 Roy was alcoholic
>YOU AND YOUR JUNKIE WARD, OLIVER! YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT STREET LIFE!
Nicieza.

Fabian Nicieza

This is what the kids like these days, right?

hahahahahahaha oh boy

He'd have to have a neck for it to be funny.

It wasn't extreme at all, they lied.

I don't know, man. Ol' Booster's looking pretty EXTREME there.

It wasn't EXTREME enough. I expected Spawn-tier but nothing happened.
Dull stories, too.

It is pretty damn funny

Don't think so.
I think so yea was he the one responsible for this(picrelated) monstrosity?

I remember back then it was so bad a shit ton of fans went apeshit that the character was shit on by the writer.

That would be Scott Lobdell.

Yup it was Morrison, rumor has it that Morrison thought the title was a 2nd tier comic since Grayson was Batman and wanted to write some fucking gay ass neo-noir bullshit. He also felt that Jason wasn't "worth" his time to develop even though he was fairly popular at the time too so he wanted to ruin him. How all that went past the editor is beyond me. Just look at what he did(picrelated) to Jason

Don't blame Scott for his predecessors mistakes, Morrison was the one who designed that garbage.

He was one wacky mask away from Rorschach.

Bitch please

Oh noes, the Dark Phoenix is free again

>ruining Jason by making him Jason

the guy that created him?

Okay, but c'mon, that's a pretty cool costume.