en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-Bear-King-Valemon
youtube.com/watch?v=z0kNJNe7HGE
youtube.com/watch?v=pw3e64sosEg
dailymotion.com/video/k5mpAjGfqxBlzo6n6wv
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0G2_efBOQbKlzhhz5rwUmO0JFFsuBn8P
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dont open

Come at me, fucker

Remember watching this as a child in the 90s. I remember it could feel both extremely comfy AND fucking scary at times.

youtube.com/watch?v=tJ4yfNBKKUY

too lovecraftian for my taste. however I connect with moomin papa on various levels

What would Carl Jung say about the Moomin? The show is very, very archetypal and transcendent. I watched this show a lot when I was a kid so maybe my point of view is a bit skewed but I still think there is no better kids show than the Moomin. The level of imagination Tove Jansson and the animators who made the show had is just impossible to comprehend. The Moomin must be the comfiest thing humanity has ever achieved.

What would Zizek? What would Armond White?

Started watching Moomin recently. Probably the only kids show other than Adventure Time that really appeals to my occult crypto-nazi ways.

These bastards. What where they about?

Was anyone else aware they started redubbing these? What the fuck?

youtube.com/watch?v=9PwxUoXmgpc

>seriously comparing moomin to cuckold time
kys

Oh fuck don't remind me.

Clangers > Moomins.

Can any based bro drop me a link to this?
Preferably original nip audio with english subs

>original nip audio
>implying

this episode scared me as a kid

Well the animated adaptation was partly jap.

They were your spilled jizz coming back to haunt you

I miss the old times

hatifnati? they came out during lighting

You hyped for the remake?

>implying that Adventure Time is somehow left-wing propaganda
You are either politically illiterate or have never watched it.

True, but the jap actors are just some C-list anime folk who half-assed it in between other work where as the GOAT Finnish dub was made by the best film actors available with plenty of time and budget. Because for Japanese it was just some obscure show where as for Finns it was the most important animation work ever done.

Even if you speak neither language you should listen to it with Finnish audio. Here's a couple to get you started: moominvalleysubs.blogspot.fi/p/full-episode-listing.html I have a torrent for all the episodes but it doesn't include subs unfortunately. Maybe some regular subtitle sites could help you?

omg that maximum comfiness... I fear I might be disappointed if I try to rewatch all that though. It was very aimed at kids even though creepy at times I think.

What the fuck was up with that ghost ship?

youtube.com/watch?v=e-Gxd7a7KyE

What the hell is going on? What are these indescribable feelings? I haven't seen this show or heard the songs in ages but I have never experienced anything so beautiful and soul crushing at the same time. Is it just strong nostalgia or is it something much greater? How can a show made for kids be this emotionally intense?

I rewatch them regularly and while it's obviously a nostalgia trip they're still very entertaining.

read the books and/or comics then

>mfw instantly transported back to certain episodes with each song
If you're the type of person to do video edits for your own entertainment moomin music over videos often leads to excellent results.

Weren't the voice actors high as fuck while recording this?

gib link

>mfw the show has been airing every day on our national channel since the 80's

It's getting a reboot/remake/new episodes by the company that does Wallace and Grommit

Christ, I still got the chills looking at that pic.

Great show with an unforgettable atmosphere. The universe of Moomin is so dreamlike and ethereal that the blend of comfy and sheer horror is very seamless. Many shows that try to be both cutesy and scary fail by coming across as try-hard and edgy, but not Moomin. It's an eerie setting, and the characters serve well as the audience's anchor in a world neither of them really comprehend.

It does have its fair share of filler though.

youtube.com/watch?v=FMnqOJDDIOU

thanks for the advice, the moomin certainly are a part of the collective unconscious in Finland. I have thought about learning how to edit videos and these songs pack such an emotional punch that they could make anything beutiful in a way that words can't describe. Here's another great one:
youtube.com/watch?v=qmSql5X60sE

Mine are from a private tracker but I assume it's the same files
thepiratebay.org/search/muumilaakson tarinoita/0/99/0

I tend to go for more comedic value but you're absolutely right the can be used for emotional impact, especially certain tracks.

Here's one experiement where I thought the result was funny enough to upload to youtube: youtube.com/watch?v=xErrPWi8KOk

PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT FINNISH IN THIS THREAD

What's your local childhood equivalent of moomin?

In the UK we had The Moomins.

is right they exist as the souls of you dear readers spilt ilk never to be born with each nut you dispel a million would be leaders, teachers, doctors, and carpenters. There are however with each spilt seed as many degenerates, rapists, monsters, and trash mammals. Which is what their their many flagellum represent as the duality of their haunting existence.

i have made some Moomin reaction faces

Moomins was probably the most popular children's show in my country.

I meant _local_ as in english equivalent of moomin.

Norway
Moomin

>implying there are equivalents to moomin

you get the fuck out of here and never come back. Go to Sup Forums or reddit if you want to be a flaming homosexual and reduce the level of discussion to that of lesser individuals. God I remember when Sup Forums had the clout to ban pederasts such as yourself without hesitation.

Fucking trump and his new-age equality of all ideals ruining my mandarin apèxquiœa board.

Hated that little cunt

>Norway
>Not Finnish

How would you pronounce 'Valemon'

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-Bear-King-Valemon

Is it Vale-Mon or Val - e - Mon?

best girl

What was the norwegian equivalent of moomins, you know. Norwegian children's cartoon that's held as high regard as moomins are in Finland.

Goddamn if I bave to elaborate this to everyone

"can you belive this faggot"

Bamse, din finnjävel.

But we had Moomin too obviously since it was a whole Swedish-Finnish thing.

Val - e - Mon

Cheers.

norway

Fucking Bamse :D As a kid in the 90s Bamse was literally everywhere yet nobody seemed to like him because he was such a swede.

val e mon (mon as in the jamaican man)

Thanks.

>it's the swede comes in to claim other countries accomplishments, art of culture episode

ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ

pompel of pilt
youtube.com/watch?v=z0kNJNe7HGE
don't ask

Nah, Alicia was best girl

youtube.com/watch?v=pw3e64sosEg

That episode is still scary. Recently rewatched it. You can see it with English subtitles here:
dailymotion.com/video/k5mpAjGfqxBlzo6n6wv

But Mumin was created by a Swede...

I will never not watch this video

i'm out

Dont want to derail this to a Sup Forumsthread but come on, you finns know why you held against Russia, dont you? Swedish soldiers, weapons, aid and generals.

According to the wishes of Tove (creator of Moomin), the family refuses to sell or even license the IP to Disney.

Makes me feel good.

there is nothing to equate to the moomins at least within the same timeframe everything in america was so gauntly designed as a capatalist catalyst for sales that they never had the room for artistic breathing like moomin did. I imagine adventure time may be likened to moomin in the far flung or not so far future.

/ourguy/

And where did the Swedes get their weapons? The US of course. And who controls the US?

You see.

Literally how was it lovecraftian?

all episodes in norwegian

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0G2_efBOQbKlzhhz5rwUmO0JFFsuBn8P

Is this what they teach in Swedish schools? We held against Russia with German soldiers, weapons, aid and generals.

Obligatory.

Scooby Doo

Fuck off, Pekka.

For a time, I can't tell if it was years or months because of kid memory, I was so afraid of MÖRKÖ I would hide behind the sofa literally every time I heard the sound of him arriving.

One time the older kids next door tied me to a chair with a rope (again, literally) and played the mörkö episodes at a high volume while keeping my head towards the television. Good times.

>blocked in my country

What the fuck. Also, I hope these have the right dubs. I don't want to hear Aksel Hennie as Moomin.

As a child it was basically the only cartoon that I watched. We had all of them recorded on VHS and we still have those. Today I when I look back at the old cartoons, moomins is still the fucking shit and everything else is garbage. No other show could've impressed me so much as the moomins.

>Snork Maiden is not a moomin but a snork.
Despite it literally being in her FUCKING NAME I always thought of her as being the same species as the moomins.

Yeah I remember seeing some. Had completely forgotten about it until seeing this thread, didn't know it was Japanese til now.

I'm not even Finnish.

I still can't watch some of her scenes (yes, it's a she) without getting goosebumps at age 33. Especially the winter episode where she shows up at the top of a hill and when she comes out of the dark forest.

I always thought it was more of a Surname. Her brother has the same name but looks exactly like the Moomins. And it's the "Moomin house" and the "Moomin family" despite only one family living in that house. I don't recall if papa moomin's memoirs had other Moomin-like characters.

>it was Japanese
The animation was done in Japan but it was a Dutch production company working with the Finnish author of the books. Most of the episodes are adapted from the novels and comics.

>While their appearances are very similar, Moomintrolls and Snorks are two different species. The difference being that Snorks change color according to their mood.
Apparently different. I'm blowing my mind here with moomin lore.

Did the show promote racemixing?

Did you know that during early sketching Moomins were called Snorks?

This guy gets it.