How does Disney do it!?!?

>Well?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dQzAi-a9Bv8
cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Executives who are better at sniffing out talent than most and put story first.
Warner Bros, for example, hires hacks without creative instincts and when the project turns out poorly they commit incomprehensible atrocities in the editing room dictated by test screening notes. Sony just throws whatever potentially marketable ideas they have at the wall and don't give a single fuck about the quality of the execution.
Disney is extremely profit and franchise driven but they always try to make a satisying, complete story. Plus they have the money for top-tier animation and Lin-Manuel

Didn't this happen with the Ghostbusters reboot?

Which was also a good movie. Therefore, Moana will be flawless.

I wish Disney did another 2D movie

>It won't turn out a profit
True, it didn't 10 years ago, but times have changed. 90s/early 2000s nostalgiafagging is huge now, so who's to say 2D animation won't bring misty-eyed 20somethings to theaters in droves, yearning for the days of The Lion King and Tarzan?

The SJWs would lynch the critics if they gave this a bad review. Same as with Ghostbusters 2016

>rotten tomatoes

>Ghostbusters 2016
>good
pick one

RT used like 3-400 critics in total. How much money do you think it would take to bribe 250+ of it? How much money does Disney have? Would it really dent their money if some of that "marketing" budget leaked onto the critics?

Disney adheres to what is currently politically correct. They know that Americans are emasculated well indoctrinated liberal scum. So to get their money? They got to make multiculturalism, pro-female, etc. propaganda junk. That will make things work for the company.

Sheeples don't mind because they're stupid for this junk. If Disney made a movie where a male hero tells a twat to shut up because she's privileged enough? That single line would make the movie unprofitable. After all only indoctrinated males and Single Mothers spend on Disney flicks.

They actually try most of the time.

You'd be surprised how rare that is. Spielberg climbed to the top only because he did not half-ass it and cared fir the final result. Compare his modern stuff to the one made in his younger days and you can almost pinpoint the moment he burned out and stopped caring, when his directing went from his passion to his increasingly boring job.

Disney tries to make a good job. Because they know it's marketable and makes people come back for more. Zootopia had almost no promotion and it exploded into a billion (compare it to Civil War, which made barely 150 million more with a shitload of ads) on good word of mouth alone. A good movie defends itself and makes bank.

But Trump won so how does that change things? Will future movies be affected?

If they treated 2D movies with the same care as they do CG, they'd all turn a profit.

Trump winning doesn't mean dick shit for MEDIA. When it comes to Media creation the intention is to always create Feel Good Junk. So that means all races are absoluately perfectly ideal and equal. Women are portrayed as everything they've never been (like waifus for waifufaggots to swallow). There is never a bad ending no matter how logically it is to have one, especially in animation because it's for American Kids if you remember the stigma.

And voila, that is how you make animated media. Do that and you will always succeed. And remember the stupider a piece of animation? The higher the profits look at Minions. Storks tried to have some substance to it? That's why it failed.

I choose both.

Okay, that's it Frank. Whites and Blues only until further notice.

>people are sheep
>but not me, I'm special!
Oh look, another idiot who needs to call others inferior only to stop his crippling sense of inadequacy for a few minutes.

I bet you are a sad man without anyone to love. Am I wrong?

Then you have a really shitty taste in films user

Didn't this also happen with Sausage Party?

with this

Zootopia made money because it was Multiculturalism and Gynocentric propaganda up the ass, something the sheeples worship. I honestly wish Hillary Clinton would have won the election. Why? She would become the American Merkel and bring in Muslims in the USA and I want to see liberal fuckwits getting their asses raped and killed by Muslims. If a country is going to be so stupid as to glorify destructive propaganda is deserves to BURN.

And it's a real shame that Shitopia is going to win the Oscar this year.

Love? Sup Forums we already discussed that love doesn't exist. If love existed then women wouldn't require getting paid money, alimony and child support to be precise which they steal from men dumb enough to marry them.

Yet Sup Forums loves to watch movies about Living Happily Ever After even though it spits on reality. There is no love, women don't love men, they only love MONEY. Wise up dumbass.

Because
>Muh Diversity
>Muh Female Empowerment

Yeah, this really shows in how they make their comic movies and set up sequels.
>Oh look, a teaser pointing to the next thing after this completed story!
>Why does this movie feel like a trailer for when the real shit will hopefully go down?
>The fuck?! This is like six first acts going nowhere! They truly believe they will make at least seven of these, don't they?

(you)

For what purpose? A reply is a reply.

Why do I get the feeling you liked BvS and Suicide Squad?

Is anyone actually excited for this movie? All the trailers I've seen have been cringe central

fuck off

kek

haha pixar really turned to shit

Not surprising at all, since it's a Musker/Clements movie. They've only had two "flops" (Treasure Planet and Princess and the Frog), and both were mostly due to bad marketing (especially TP)

>both were mostly due to bad marketing (especially TP)

Also Martin Short's character, which almost every reviewer listed as a negative.

youtube.com/watch?v=dQzAi-a9Bv8

Crab has good song

Why wouldnt it turn a profit? What faggot kid prefers disgusting 3D minion troll shit to patrician 2D?

I already saw it in an early release and I'm planning to see it in theaters again. It was pretty good.

Kids today by and large prefer CGI to 2D, if box office numbers are anything to go by

Heck, they've preferred CGI to 2D ever since the early 2000s (that's when 2D animation began to lose its grip on the market)

That's mostly just because the movies haven't been as good or have had the same universal appeal.
If Tangled and Frozen had been 2D they would have been just as profitable, especially because Tangled would not have cost $300 million

SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT MOON MEN

So is the Oscar dream over for her now? I think she had it in the bag before this.

You like fucking Ghostbuster 2016, you are in no position to judge what that user likes.

Gee, I dunno OP, how does one of the most wealthy and powerful corporations on earth receive nothing but positive reviews from paid critics?

I mean I can't think of a single means by which a company like Disney could induce critics to write them positive reviews, can you?

Why are kids such bland tastkess fucks these days? Seriously, we need to beat kids as revenge for inventing dabbing and selfie sticks while hating real cartoons.

>muh sjw boogeyman
They hated this movie for portraying Hawaiians accurately(fat)

I know right :/
I was born in the wrong generation just like you

Two words...Paid critics. RT is disgusting. I don't even care to visit this site anymore.

What?

its not exactly difficult as long as you can deliver a semi decent product that doesnt conflict too much with what your bought reviewers put out

Why does everyone shit on RT?
As far as I know they don't have any in house critics, so why do people always blame them for reviews?

paid critics? whatever could you mean? Surely there is no way a site as impartial and professional as RT would have paid off critics.

>How does Disney do it!?!?
There aren't many other animation studios (is there any at all honestly) that actually try to tell stories in their animated films. Really they have it down to an art and it's not even hard, it's just that they're the only ones consistently doing it

Oh how the tables have radically turned

There's still a chance for an animated series. Big Hero 6 and Tangled are both getting one.

Look at it this way.

If one reviewer says that a movie has a stock plot, shitty humor but great characters and special effects, how do you determine if that's Fresh or not?

What if the movie is a great movie, but it's really similar to 2 or 3 other great movies that only came out a few years ago so it comes off a little unoriginal? Is the movie Rotten?

Two people could read the same review and come up with completely different determinations on whether it was fresh or not. And it being Fresh/Rotten doesn't mean shit. Tons of great movies got horrible reviews and vice versa.

A critic worth their salt isn't going to leave a movie up to a number rating because everyone seems to think

1-7 = SHIT
8-10 = GREAT

So tons of people just look at the number and if it's not overwhelmingly critically approved it's a shitty mediocre movie.

You can't choose both, just like you can't turn your head left and right at the same time. Ghostbusters 2016 was a syfy channel quality movie that was released theatrically because of feminism.

kek, doesn't deny being a snyderfag. BvS was about as good as Ghostbusters, it just had a shiny coat of varnish to make it look more professional.

I love how one of the positive reviews literally says "the only people who could dislike this film are gamergate neckbeard trolls!"

Who am I?
I am a girl who loves my island
I'm the girl who loves the sea
It calls me

I am the daughter of the village chief
We are descended from voyagers
Who found their way across the world
They call me

Lin's most likely going to get the oscar for We Know the Way, but I would almost rather him get it for I Am Moana. It's such a simple song, but it's genuinely emotional.

Jermaine Clement plays both Fart and Tamatoa.

they use the same formula over and over

>Maui won't be crushed to death when he attempts to crawl into the goddess of death's vagina to kill her and one of his men laughs and wakes her up

Dropped.

But Moana is about a spirited but sheltered girl, and a wise cracking guy going on an adventure, meeting colorful characters and ultimately learning more about themselves. What's formulaic about that?

john lasseter killed off 2d. we won't see another 2d film until he and bob iger get replaced.

>almost no promotion

bullshit, it was everywhere! however that suckass song was so grating they had to stop playig it.

Now this is interesting. Normally Disney has 1 is hit a year but now they have 2. Zootopia made a shit ton of money and was praised. However Moana seems like the film that may end up be better received by critics and may get more awards as a result. Only time will tell which one Disney pushes harder but even with flops like BFG this has been a great year at the house of mouse

That's more just the issue with criticism in general and our obsession with tying numbers to our experiences.

Rotten Tomatoes is at least a convenient place to go read some different reviews of a movie.

Snyder haters have this weird obsession with Snyder, bringing him into every thread no matter how unrelated. Think they're gay for him?

>Oscars

you know these things are rigged, right?

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

Why was this post deleted?

Nobody gives a fuck about SJW's anymore. What are they going to do, punch a trashcan?

>AND THEN YOU'LL BLOW UP

i deleted it myself.

So it really comes down to if the voters' kids like furry or delicious brown more.

DON'T TRICK ME

i think it's also MUSIC.

"who gives a shit about" Shakira vs Lin Manuel Miranda.

That's why TLK won with Pocahontas

>cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
its shit like this that makes me die a little bit inside

Have you listened to Moanas soundtrack?
Apparently one of the people in the production said Moana is less of a musical and more of a movie with musical parts, and the soundtrack makes that very evident

Whether or not that truly makes a difference though, I don't know

not yet, gonna watch it next week and then base my own opinion on it.though it's standard adventure movie.

>mc need helps of deuteragonist
>they dont get along
>they separate, both end up in unfamiliar environment, realize they need each other to complete the task
>happy end

Just sprinkle it with godtier music and you've got a merch selling machine

No they fucking don't. If they did, you wouldn't have out and out trash like Through the Looking Glass or Tomorrowland or The Lone Ranger or middling tripe like Maleficent or every Marvel movie since The Avengers. Get the Mouse cum out of your eyes.

>Rotten Tomatoes
>Rotten Tomatoes after 22
reviews.
Good grief, man.

Animated canon =/= live action

It's good for aggregation, but people don't really use it for that, which sucks.

What is Pete's Dragon, Lone Ranger, Alice, and BFG?

>A good movie defends itself and makes bank.

Kubo

bribing

It started getting reviews immediately that were on the level of "well it tried really hard and I didn't hate it so 6/10" just so the reviewer wouldn't get crucified by the "y u hate wimmin" brigade.

8/10 ain't THAT amazing
I mean it is still really really good but don't act like it is something to Paul Revere over

Women are funny, Kyle, get over it

Bribery

>being such a dumbshit
You take rottentomatoes too literally. It's not like a grading system, use metacritic if you want that

Nice pic.

Kek. You got me

We're talking about Disney, not the WB here.

Man, this just hasn't captured any interest whatsoever.

I mean I love brownies and everything but this just seems unappetizing. Like, "let's take modern characters with modern dialogue and "humor" and throw them into a world with a slight veneer of exoticism and fantasy".

And here I thought RT scores didn't matter

Honestly, Disney just tries harder than other studios. They have to money to fly their animators and musicians all over to world to research and they take their time. Time and attention leads to a good product.

>RT is owned by WB
Meme harder newshit.

Moana just seems boring as fuck. I'll just wait for Sup Forums opinions to even think about pirating it.

little girls wanted XL sized princess, so disney delivers, Even if the movie is going to be a turd it's going to sell toys of her and her gargantuan friend because it's going to have CATCHY MUSIC!!

and if they'll get stronger they gonna buy the talents from them.

money

Feminazi detected!

Kill it with fire!

>Disney Infinity died before the Moana figures dropped
I didn't even play the game, so I guess I was part of the problem, but I liked buying the figures

Disney has evolved into a massive superorganism hellbent on creating timeless classics everybody can find something to love in. With every movie, every special, every game and every product, it gathers more data. It analyzes, it learns, it evolves. It hungers not just for money but for recognition, for that special place in every child's heart where they put our best experiences of their youth. It will never stop, it will never give, those very concepts are alien to it.
If it should create the perfect movie that will end the world, that movie will be in 800,000 theatres and on subscription streams, and it will premier right when some struggling animation company is putting out it's best.
It hungers, and it will feed.