B-b-but Superman doesn't kill people!

>b-b-but Superman doesn't kill people!

>Zack Snyder just doesn't understand the character REEEEEEEEEEE I HATE HIM

Of course he doesn't kill people, he kills Kryptonians.

People still sperg over that scene despite being handled well.

There was literally nothing wrong with Superman killing Zod in Man of Steel. Even Bruce Timm liked the ending.

>Not understanding that he was literally the last representation of law and justice on that world, after the last three kryptonians of that universe murdered everyone on that earth, with literally no other options and a threat they would go to his Earth.

Which one, MoS or Byrne's? MoS' was still terrible but it was far better than what Byrne did.

Fuck off Snyderfag, you spent the entire day crying on Sup Forums.

>"There's only one ways this ends, Kal. Either you die, or I DO!"

If Supes didn't kill Zod, he would have went on a rampage, waging a one-man war against civilization and exterminating humanity. He had to die, and Supes was the only one strong enough to do it.

The conflict would have ended in death, either way.

Yeah well Bruce Timm Likes BrucexBarbara so who cares what he thinks.

Except for the massive ass phantom zone portal they shoved every other one of Zod's people into.

I usually dislike Superman but this is just sick.

I don't get your point, are you butthurt about something someone said in another thread?

You mean the guy who made the Killing Joke movie?

It's been like three and a half years.

How are people still so insecure about this superhero movie?

I loved it when people point out to All-Star Superman when they want to show to people how Superman should be portrayed, despite the fact that in the comic Superman froze a bunch of inmates that were killed by Parasite all so Superman could have a distraction and escape.

I hate the whole "There's always a way" that fans keep pushing, specially when it comes to Morrison's work. I mean, did everyone everyone forget that in Final Crisis Superman killed Mandrakk by dropping him in the overvoid and that he destroyed Darkseid's essence with a song? All written by Morrison. Where was the whole "other way" then?

Kinda funny how everyone seems to shit on Bruce Timm now... just few years ago people suggested to put him in charge as the Kevin Feige of the DCEU.

Bruce Timm was the first to push Dick x Babs as well by making them both college sweetheart.

I think any hero would kill the people responsible if every other human on Earth was killed.

It's not "Boo, Superman doesn't kill," so much as "Boo, the movie is shit!"

Are you the guy who bitches about this in every Superman thread? I swear I've read this post like twenty times.

I don't understand why 70% of Sup Forums has this obsessive need to see superheroes murdering people...

I just hate the fact that people think Superman shouldn't kill EVER.

That's bullshit. Superman isn't Batman. He's a reasonable person. He would never placed other's lives above his own morals. Superman knows when to get dirty and do what's necessary for the greater good. He has done several times. That's why he killed Doomsday and Darkseid.

the kryptonite didn't affect him?

This is Sup Forums

Any creator is judged by their worst work, so his entire body of work is meaningless sincethe TKJ adaptation came out.

I've noticed that every time a superhero murders a villain it's preceded by a really stupid rant from the villain where he calls the hero weak for not killing and basically goads him into killing him. Off the top of my head, it happened in Batman Begins, Arrow, and Captain Britain.

So you're mad that people think their "muh Superman" is better than your "muh Superman"? Hate to tell you, but the "muh Superman" that never kills is in 98% of Superman stories.

For me, it was never the act of snapping Zod's neck. It was everything FRAMING that moment that turned it into a wellspring of negative feedback. The ugly little cherry on a shit show sundae that only served to jab me in the eye with its stem as I was eating my last few bites.

Superman's global debut isn't saving a space plane of some kind, it isn't dramatically appearing to stop a rampaging war machine or save someone from a runaway train.

His global debut is "WE'RE ALIENS AND WE'RE LOOKING FOR THIS OTHER ALIEN WHO'S BEEN LIVING HERE FOR HIS WHOLE LIFE, SO WE'RE GONNA TERRAFORM YOUR PLANET NOW."

The basis of your entire universe of films to follow is something that should've been relegated to a sequel after establishing this is the new universe of DC Films and this is how Superman helps to kick everything off as a shining example of everything to follow.

When Superman's fighting Zod he's still a global stranger, there's one person in the fleeing crowd who roots for him, while the rest of Metropolis runs in terror or is flash evaporated by all the space super science raining down on them... Or rubble from Superman's unavoidable mid-city brawl with Zod.

Because Zod would always take his fight to the streets. He'd want a fucking audience to the death of his enemy's son. Even if said audience was beneath him, watching the hope drain from their eyes as Kal-El floundered beneath him would've been his silent delight.

But no, there's no audience representative, no saved civilians. It's gods slapping each other around above the heads of mortals who don't remotely know who to root for.

And that's a bad message to send at the blossoming of your franchise, currently in contention with a full figured financial titan.

Make no mention of the stiff acting, lack of memorable score, poor lighting and pallet choices, wasted casting, and stilted story telling that all culminates into a movie that lives for 2 hours but feels like you watched it on fast forward.

No, i just think that people should see the bigger picture.

Take Grant Morrison. He wrote canon stories where Superman murdered when necessary. So why people never mention that? Bunch of know writers have shown Superman making a choice and dropping a nigga dead when necessary. But people for some reason never acknowledge these stories.

Instead they only cite ASS over and over again as if that comic was ultimate proof of something.

Wasn't Zod buried underneath the Kryptonian ship and a whole bunch of rubble while that was going on?

First MoS wasn't meant to jump-start a cinematic universe.
Second Christopher Nolan wanted MoS to be a sci-fi movie first and a cape movie second.
Third repeating the same scene in every movie - Superman saving a plane and giving a smile as a debut - is boring and unimaginative. That shit is pure fanservice.

Yes, the military used Superman's spacepod to take out the Black Zero ship, which in turn would help take out the World Engine. That action created a black-hole that dragged the space-pod and the Black Zero ship to the Phantom Zone.

So Superman had no means to take Zod to the Phantom Zone anymore. That was gone.

>Manly tears were shed

In both situations, the scenario was thoroughly contrived. And in the original's case, it was the result of Byrne throwing a tantrum.

Didn't Supes then exile himself from Earth-1 for months after that because he needed to do some soul searching after finally having to kill to save the day?

>destroyed Darkseid's essence
No he didn't.
He turned Darksied into nothingness, which let Darksied still win in the end. The end of The Return of Bruce Wayne was Metron showing Bruce that Darksied is the nothingness between subatomic particales, meaning that 99% of existence is still Darkseid.

>I mean, did everyone everyone forget that in Final Crisis Superman killed Mandrakk by dropping him in the overvoid
Didn't kill him, just imprisoned him in the margins of the book.
>and that he destroyed Darkseid's essence with a song?
Darkseid was already dead by that point. It's..complicated. But hey sure, Clark will kill to prevent the end of the Universe. Granted.

I recommend All-Star Supes because its Superman as the god people thing he is. And even in that story, he needs Jimmy Olson to slap him around a bit. The point of Superman is that he has the power to do anything, but uses this to help those who can't. Sometimes, that means literally murdering the idea of massive Crisis crossovers and telling him that his own death is simply a "To Be Continued", but that's not what Superman's about.

Hell, I recommend Red Son SPECIFICALLY to show what happens when Superman does anything more than just fly around and punch out robots and atomic gorillas; it can go incredibly wrong OR incredibly right.

I don't think as many people would have had a problem with it if Zod's death was an accident.

Like, same scene, but instead of snapping his neck on purpose, Superman tries to essentially to suplex him, but is just too angry and his inexperience with using his strength at full power makes him snap Zod's neck in mid throw.

...If Snyder's Superman buried Zod there would be no Doomsday. Snyder's Superman doesn't respect his enemies like that Superman does. So yes, he doesn't understand the character.

Conversely, the shitposting would be a lot worse. Clark becomes a man who can't save his father and end's Zod's rampage by fucking up. If Zod's gotta die, it has to be intentional.

Superman will totally kill somebody if fighting them would lead to a heavy number of casualties. Such as Kryptonians, Doomsday and essentially any godlike creature like Darkseid,

Why didn't he make her his slave?

What is he gay

it was a "fuck you" by a butthurt writer leaving the title so dc did damage control with "exile"

Why is Zod cosplaying as M Bison

Nah it's still pretty bad because after all that shit put forth about how Clark has to choose what kind of man he wants to be and how he's not a salve to his kryptonian genes and can choose his own destine and he has to choose when the time is right and all that shit

He doesn't. None of the major decisions are his choice. He can't choose to save his father, his father won't let him. He can't choose to kill Zod, Zod won't let him. He can't even choose when to reveal himself to the world; Zod already told the entire planet aliens existed. Clark's story in MoS is one where they kept talking about how we should like him as a character because of the choices he's making, but he's got very little agency in it.

Which then leads to him having a "great power/great responsibility" moment and realizing he's not a god and that he can fail, but he has to keep trying to save the day.

What was Byrne butthurt about?

It's not 70% of Sup Forums it's just 3 spergy snyderfags whose shill whining is 70% louder than the rest of us

Because Clark pushed his shitty shit into thr gtound5

>JB: DC hired me to revamp Superman, and then immediately chickened out. They backed off at the first whiff of fan disapproval, which came months before anyone had actually seen the work. During the whole two years I was on the project, although nothing happened that was not approved by DC editorial, there was no conscious support. They even continued to license the "previous" Superman. At one point, Dick Giordano said "You have to realize there are now two Supermen -- the one you do and the one we license." Seemed counter-productive, to say the least, since far more people saw the licensed material. After two years of this nonsense, I was just worn down. The fun was gone.

Well it explains it right there in the story, Superman basically had the moral authority and obligation at that point to kill them if choose too. He obviously regretted it but justice is justice.

I agree.

My only beef with killing Zod in MoS was that it's not good for further story telling. Superman was put in a bad position (one they should of spent some time fleshing out in BvS that he's done a lot of soul-searching). But I think they could of just thrown Zod into the Phantom Zone so he could be brought back in further movies.

They sort of did this with Doomsday but that was still kind of a dumb waste.

Alternate Universe Kryptonite. For it to affect a Kryptonian, it has to be Kryptonite from their universe.
Also he had it in a lead box.

thanks

No shit, he doesn't. Copying off Byrne, somebody who never got Superman himself, is a proof of that. Even DC tried to distance Superman from Byrne's version.

Maybe we'll see the Superman/Barda sex tape in the next movie and faggots will keep defending it because it was done in a comic.

this

Yeah! We need more super-hero sex tapes!

This images change everything. I love the DCEU now and think that Snyder's a genius. Is that what you want to hear Snyderfag?

>Even DC tried to distance Superman from Byrne's version

Byrne is the single most influential Superman writer short of Siegel and Shuster.

Faora straight up tell she'll be Superman's sex slave in exchange for her life.

It's a lot easier to accept something objectionale when it's done by likable person. MoS Superman has the critical flaw of being about as charming as a steel toed kick to the testicles.

You want to treat charisma as your dump stat? You don't want to put any points there? Okay, fine. This is the consequence.

The problem isn't "Superman kills"

The problem is that Superman killing has absolutely no point in the story. It is only there to show us that Superman can kill because this is an edgy new Superman. Fuck that.

>Copying off Byrne, somebody who never got Superman himself

The shit i've to read in this dump.

>The problem is that Superman killing has absolutely no point in the story.

Yes, there's a point. It's about him closing the door on Krypton for good.

I wonder what a Kryptonian blowjob feels like. She'd probably literally suck your dick off your pelvis.

Superman shouldn't have a code against killing.

A character who shows restraint but can still make those hard calls when necessary is more interesting than someone who kills all the time or not at all.

Zod should get his Street Fighter costume back.

Because its not fun nor good enough to overcome that.

>Byrne is the single most influential
He had a big impact on his look following his tenure on the character, but most of the shit he included in the character has been wiped from the character because it simply doesn't gel. The backstory he created, most his changes to Luthor, Clark being a highschool jock, no Krypto and all that, his version of Krypton, and scenes like this were all dumped because they just don't fit the character.

this. why was this concept so hard for people to understand? Sups clearly did NOT want to kill him but had no choice. Zod was literally within seconds of turning a kid and other people into burnt toast.

Technically

They understand it, shitposting is just fun for them.

You have people arguing that Superman Returns was a better adaption when it shat harder on the character than MOS did.

That's why he's crying. He realized he made a terrible mistake.

Where's this from?

I need a story where superman fucks justice into her.

No way is Byrne any close to being as influential as Binder.

lol

I absolutely can't stand people like you.

clark/superman/kal el does certainly kill people

but he doesnt fucking let them die if he can help it