Removing Superman's Mustache From Justice League Is No Easy Task

Hair we go....

gamespot.com/articles/removing-supermans-mustache-from-justice-league-is/1100-6452127

Last week it was reported that DC was spending $25 million on reshoots for the upcoming superhero team-up Justice League. However, the most curious news wasn't the cost, it was that Superman actor Henry Cavill will be reshooting his scenes with a full mustache, which will then have to be digitally removed in post-production. Now more details of the process involved have emerged.

"If we were to remove a beard [or mustache], we would have to digitally re-build the actor's face behind the hair mass," he said. "We would need to build a 3D model of the face and then shade the surface of the skin to look realistic. We would then need to track the 3D model to the movement of his head and potentially re-animate his mouth. The amount of lip animation would depend on how much of the original beard occluded his lips. We would need to paint out the parts of the beard that extend beyond his shaven face."

Fleet went on to explain that it can take up to six weeks to edit a moustache out of a one=minute clip. It is unknown how much footage Cavill needs to reshoot, but it goes without saying that many fans will be watching his top lip carefully when the film arrives in November.

Cavill himself also commented on the issue this week, with a morbid post on Instagram. He stated: "There has been no discussion over whether to shave or not to shave for the JL reshoots, simply a relentless campaign to put an end to the seemingly inexorable conquest of this despotic 'stache. It is not a question of IF I should shave--it is a question of how can we possibly be victorious against such a beast without bringing our own doom raining down upon us."

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/-3Yi4Wt2qbS7_2AyoDrVcg/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/subject/Removing Superman's mustache/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Original French rip when???

OP works for Gamespot. This thread has been made 20 times now.

Shut your stupid fucking mouth.

>that image
papi...

They should instead digitally add a mustache to the scenes where he doesn't have one.

And to Mos and BvS

>implying people wouldnt like a stache superman

Dude looks good with it, who gives a fuck at this point. Give us macho superman instead of cgi

He actually had a stache in MoS so this thread is a good way to identify people who have never seen that movie.

no he didnt

Yes he did you false Superfan.

WAIT I DONT FUCKING GET IT, DO THEY WANT SUPERMAN TO HAVE A MUSTACHE OR NOT?

I don't know... wouldn't it be easier just to shave and use fake moustache in the Mission: Impossible? Just an idea. Common sense.

Is there a reason he couldn't have just shaved it or used some makeup?

CGI avalaibility creates these dumb fucking problems.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/-3Yi4Wt2qbS7_2AyoDrVcg/

Was it autism?

>recognizing a thread that hasn't been posted in over two weeks
Indeed, do you have autism? Or just no life?

No, it was Henry

autist

How mustacraftian

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF DC

Go back to r*ddit newfag

>his cinematic universe consists of manlets and jews

Couldn't they just delay MI:6 shoots? It's not slated until July 2018 anyway, they're shooting it awfully early.

Don't know the whole story but it's possible he started growing it for another movie after he thought JL had wrapped, but then got called in for reshoots. Like when Kate Mara cut her hair for another movie after Fant4stic and had to wear a really terrible wig when she got called in for reshoots.

Oh, and putting make up over facial hair looks hoakey and it's really obvious in close ups.

why doesn't he just shave it?

How long did it take him to grow that?

>mfw he fought to have in his mission impossible contract that he had to have a moustache just to fuck with DC

Mad because BTFO.

Cavill grows hair very slowly so it makes sense there's a huge dilemma here.

Because he needs it for another movie he's working on.

Right? Why can't they just put 2-3 weeks between shootings and grow a new one?

I know, right? Let's just put a multi-million dollar production on hold for a few weeks so one of the actors can shave and go reshoot a bunch of scenes for a movie made by a different studio that was supposed to be done shooting months ago.

Like, what's the big deal?

>Right?
>I know, right?
>Like,
Sup Forums does not talk like this...

We do when we're being sarcastic.

Nobody seriously expects Paramount to put MI:6 on hold for 2-3 weeks so that Cavill can shave his face and go do reshoots for Warner Bros.

Time is money in the movie business, if WB fucked up and needs to reshoot Paramount isn't going to put a very expensive movie on hold to accommodate them, they can CGI their way out of it from their own wallet.

Oh.

Do you know what a mustache is?

An unformed beard.

It's like squares and rectangles. If you have a beard you have a mustache.

Checkmate, English.

Why would he not just shave? It takes me like a month or two tops to get my facial hair back to where I like it. Could he seriously not bare that kind of commitment?

That's not a beard, that's a disgrace to humanity.

Read the thread, it answers your question.

Is this a marketing tactic?
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/subject/Removing Superman's mustache/

You're being sarcastic but it's less retarded of an idea than manually editing it out in every scene.

Why don't they just show Superman coming back from the dead with some facial hair? Shoot those scenes and be done with it.

Wait, Superman hasn't been in any of the trailers right?

Are they just flat out revealing he'll be back? Not giving a shit about the story at all?

what a god

...Seriously? He's been in the posters for a very long time.

It was never supposed to be a spoiler that Superman came back from the dead. Even the end of BvS you started to see the coffin shaking.

im out of the loop

whats this about mustaches?

why not just do the shoot with him not having facial hair?

No, Paramount is in no way obligated to spend money putting MI:6 on hold to accommodate WB reshooting JL scenes.
That is not their cost to carry, it's WB's.

Ah okay. I figured they would save that for a separate movie and have this one focus batman getting the team together.

By the way, this is gonna be a clusterfuck.

Because most of JL is already shot.

Probably not, Whedon came in to fix it so it could easily be another Avengers.

Because Cavill is already in the middle of shooting another movie for another studio where he has facial hair.

The plot of the movie is about Batman and Wonder Woman trying to recruit new potential heroes because the planet is going to be invaded, but the new team failing because they're not ready to face their fears and handle that kind of threat, until Superman shows up to instill them with hope that the day can be won.

The trailers make this obvious.

Fuck. Just shave it. Why do they make it sound like its a world problem.

why does this nigga look like steven adams

Better this than Trump to be painfully honest.

It maybe implied it, but it wasn't obvious. Alfred seemed pretty casual about welcoming someone back from the dead.

See
He'd literally fuck up filming for another expensive blockbuster that's he's already working on.

their own fucking fault for wanting reshoots. should've done a better job in the first place

Nah, this is gonna be a cluster of X3 proportions. Snyder and Whedon don't mesh stylistically or tonally at all.

TBF WB didn't know Snyder's daughter was going to off herself.

Snyder didn't even write most of it, Whedon did.

Terrio wrote most of it.

Earn those rupees bro, that curry ain't free!

didn't they have to edit his bulge out of in all the movies? no homo

Who the fuck is this actress?

>WAIT I DONT FUCKING GET IT, DO THEY WANT SUPERMAN TO HAVE A MUSTACHE OR NOT?

OP didn't quote it but Cavill need the facial hair for Mission Impossible 6. So it's Tom Cruise's fault.

let's not kid ourselves. they were going to bring in Whedon anyway.

why do black people like Zack Snyder?

Let's not kid ourselves. Every movie would benefit from bringing in Whedon.

He was suppose to be done with JL. Don't blame Cavil for WB's fuck up.

They want him without mustache but since the reshoots were very brief as confirmed by the actors, they didn't even bother to make him shave and will just erase it with CGI in post production. Disney smear machine is rolling with it because Wonder Woman was tough on them

Jewlywood will turn this shit into its marketing scheme to stand out.

It's fucking pathetic.

Yes, but Alfred's also one of the most stoic motherfuckers to ever walk the planet. Stiff upper lip and all that.

Superman with a Hitler Mustache is a must !!
I need to see it in my lifetime XD

>July 31, 2017
atari goes in all fields

Atago