Young Justice Rebirth when?

Now that Season 3 has been announced, and the big Rebirth Boogaloo is underway, will DC be able to resist the siren's call of the SYNERGY and bring back the YJ4?

How would you like to see DC approach this? Would you prefer them to attempt to fix up Lobdell's abortions from the New 52, or just pretend they didn't happen?

Do you think that they'd try to rework the roster and make it more like the TV show- with TTKless Superboy, Miss Martian, and Kaldur?
> yfw Kon and Bart are in the cells next to Tim
> Barr Torr was Inertia
> Tronsuitboy was Match all along.

Post your dream plotllines, direction, and characterisations here- basically, if you were put in charge of creating a Young Justice title post-Rebirth, what would you do?

I will write mine up and post them below too.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigress_(DC_Comics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Harper Row
Kenan Kong
Nu52 Wally West
Kaldur
Ms. Martisan
Artemis

If they do that, which they won't, I'm hoping they bring the whole gang back, including Arrowette, Empress, and Slobo, who deserved a much better fate than what he got.

They already have 2 Teen Titans titles, and Young Justice in functionally just Titans in all but name. I doubt Young Justice will get a book as well.

OP here, with what i'd do if i was in charge.

If i were in charge, I'd want the characters to be about 18-19, to give them a niche away from the 13-16-ish Teen Titans, but younger than the mid-20s Titans. Their schtick will be the idea of personal identity and deciding what you want to do with your life- maybe even set it in college/a gap year before they start?

The core lineup would be the YJ4- Kon, Bart, Cassie, Tim- but there might be other members too.

I never really liked Empress much, so i'd prefer not to bring her in. I did like Arrowette and Secret, but Arrowette's retirement was an important arc. Secret would be a little difficult to work in as a permanent member (as she can't really have a double life)- thus I might just have her come in for an arc or two before leaving again.

Taking a cue from the TV show (because synergy sells comics)- i might add Miss Martian. She'd be fairly easy to introduce, and you could almost just reboot her entirely (since she barely had any stories).
However, even though I do kind of want an archer, I''m hesitant to put in Artemis.. Kaldur seems like he is going to the Teen Titans.

I'm not sure how old Emiko is (haven't been paying much attention to GA), but if she's 17 or older she could work on this team.
I would also bring in Ravager, a few arcs in.

Next post: characterisation/costumes/conflicts

OP's ideas, continued.
> Kon-El
He's one of my favourites, but i dislike many of his portrayals. '90s stories are dated, Johns's bland, New 52... better forgotten.

So here's how i'd portray Kon.
COSTUME:
>Option 1: Capeless, slightly darker version of superbro's costume. Occasionally wears the leather jacket over it.
>Option 2: '90s costume without jacket, haircut, or earring.
CHARACTERISATION
>Half-Luthor clone- Luthor didn't know that he was the donor when he ordered the clone be made, however- has only realised this recently.
>Kon doesn't angst about this- he's actually a little relieved that he's not just a pure Superman clone.
>Enjoys making fun of Clark about the 'two dads' situation.
>A bit more sloppy, stubborn, and hot-headed than Clark- but protective and caring of his friends.
>Rebellious attitude is less that in the '90s (he's matured)- but there to some degree.
>As Conner Kent, he is outgoing and social- enjoys partying because he knows it's something that neither Clark or Luthor would ever do. Tim thinks this draws too much attention to him, and raises the chances of his identity being discovered. Kon thinks that being true to himself is worth the risk.
KEY CONFLICTS:
>Finding his own identity outside just 'being a clone'- this is why he's sort of trying to distance himself from Clark.
>Beats himself up a little for not being as powerful or as 'good' as Clark.
>Uncomfortable with growing up- the question of what does he want to be apart from Superman. Whenever he teams up with Clark, he's slightly afraid of being stuck in his shadow, of losing what makes him an individual and ending up as just an inferior copy. He feels awkward, out of place, since he's too old to be Superboy and there's already a Superman.
>Luthor occasionally attempting to tempt him to his side/brainwash him.
>Jealousy of Jon for being Clark's 'real son'- quickly gets over this and settles into the role of 'cool big brother/mentor'

> Empress and Slobo
> Deserving anything

Roster would be similar to the second season of the TV series, codenames could be:

Tim: Red Robin (as he is right now, but with a new costume, maybe closer to the one he had Post-Infinite Crisis, with more red, less green, at this point he appears like a regular Robin)
Bart: Impulse (since Kid Flash is the new Wally West)
Kon: Scion (since Superboy is Jon)
Keep Cass as Wonder Girl.

They can't be the Titans nor the Teen Titans so they would be a team that goes on secret missions like the TV series.

There's no way Slobo would come back. Didio loathed Slobo.

Rename Scion to Metropolis Kid.

I'm actually watching the show right now, halfway through Season One and I'm very impressed with it. I thought it sucked and never watched it? Sup Forums gave me the impression it sucked.

But it's fine so far. I dislike Teen heroes as well. But I like how Young Justice approaches it as a sort of sub-team for the Justice League, constantly trying to monitor them and guide them. They actually do normal teen stuff pretty well that's not all campy, relationship drama like you'd expect with teenagers but that doesn't get in the way of the story but enhances it.

>Harper
The rest is fine but Wally is already on Teen Titans and would we need to make Young Justice Artemis expy? I don't remember if she's canon or not.

YJ is bart, tim, kon, wondy, cass and secret. Kid lobo too once arrowette leaves.

I really hate the fact that the show was basically titans jr. I wish they could keep them seperate, I mean basically the only connection they had was they were lead by a robin.

I was really jazzed when they announced the YJ cartoon initially, and then it was Kid Flash instead of Impulse I knew it was gonna suck.

Cyborg starfire raven beastbot are titans sure. But c'mon, have two teams or something.

Who the hell is Scion?

I can imagine them retconning Bar-Torr into not being actually Bart.

I want Arrowette to come back.

I'd make YJ it's own thing, and to differentiate it from titans I'd make it 90s as fuck.

>Kon in the Jacket and being an egotistical ass
>Impulse constantly playing gameboys and genesis and shit
>Tim trying really hard not to be batman but also still be an efficient crime fighter.

It'd start with them all as new heroes making mistakes and shit and we'd see a bit of homelife, much like how YJ crossed with all the parent books. We'd see Max Mercury teaching bart in his off time and Superboy living in that apartment complex signing autographs and being a huge cheese. So it'd be the TV equivalent of reading YJ and robin/superboy/impulse's ongoing at the same time, but in TV form.

Eventually the team would come together and end up as the slobo and empress join the team etc and they go into space with doiby dickles. I kinda loved having the larger cast and more character interaction and the more lighthearted stories like the alien baseball match. "oh look a kid in red and green tights, lets surrender!"

I'd try and make it more plot focused but still have the episodes basically be stand alone with little 2 parters and start off with 3 x 20 minute episode ie. hour long movie/pilot telling JLA: World without grownups to introduce all the kids.

I'd just want it to be fun but have continuity and allow superboy to be invincible and a bit of an ego jackass, but be likeable. Bart would be manic and funny but not annoying and Robin would be trying to dad the team but not control freak them.

Also nobody who was involved with the original tt cartoon or TTG would be allowed anywhere near it. It'd be a fresh break. Like if DCAU had a netflix series, a 20 episode season of fun, action based kids show.

I know I'll never get it because YJ the cartoon totally eclipsed the original YJ for some reason. (why didn't they just make YJ a TT show? Kid flash was never in YJ, neither was aqualad and the others. afair half the cast of OYJ never showed up in the cartoon either.)

Is this what autism is like? Sounds nice

She's a very minor villain character Artemis Crock aka Tigress, daughter of Sportsmaster and the previous Tigress Paula Brooks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigress_(DC_Comics)

Keep Slobo's name out of your whore mouth user, he deserves better than that at least.

>Artemis
The original Artemis is already in RHATO. I doubt that DC would make another one and confuse the fans.

Artemis Crock existed first, she was introduced in 1987
Artemis of Bana-Mighdall was introduced in 1994

Plus you know one of them is a redheaded Amazon Warrior, the other is a blonde who shoots arrows okay. I don't see that much confusion happening

You missed original Rebirth thread and RHatO announcement, then.

>(why didn't they just make YJ a TT show? Kid flash was never in YJ, neither was aqualad and the others. afair half the cast of OYJ never showed up in the cartoon either.)
They were making a TT show, essentially. The name Young Justice was mandated by the suits to differentiate from the other TT show.

>Plus you know one of them is a redheaded Amazon Warrior, the other is a blonde who shoots arrows okay. I don't see that much confusion happening
Lel. Many people were confused and asked why Artemis is Amazon and redhead in rhato.

Yeah, I don't think DC is dumb enough to make two Artemis running around.

It's like how they had Tim in Robin costume but called it Red Robin. Even still, unless it's a legacy character (eg Blue Beetle, Green Lantern) that can meet other people in that line, DC don't like identical names.

Cartoonfags, I swear.

You have Bart and Conner locked up alongside Tim, Tim gets all his memories back and decides (once he gets out of that prison thing) to form a new team with Bart and Conner. Simple way to bring them back

as a huge Konfag, I hate your ideas

I like this.

If we can bring back classic Solstice and give Cassy Sandsmark her personality back from "Angsty, Angry, Artifact Theif" I'd be set.

You can even bring in the new Aqualad for some show synergy to draw people who are only familiar with the cartoon

What's the point of this? There is already TT and Titans, what would they even contribute to DCU?

Honestly they should just retire most of this generation, starting with Wonder Girl.

>Tim, Kon and Bart are just gone

man geoff johns ruined THE SHIT out of superboy

Yeah but nobody really cares much desu.
Young Justice is a good cartoon but the comic was like lightning in a bottle. Best to let it die and just rework the Titans franchise instead.

I'm kinda hoping much like how we got x-men 92 we'll get like a YJ revival series telling new stories in that era. It could work.

Using Tim, Bart and Kon to poke fun of the 90s continuity and state of DC would be really fun and tell stories in that era with the perspective of today. Bart can time travel, kon is invulnerable and tim is pretty smart, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to just have the trio appear in modern continuity.

Also, I'm pretty fucking sure Bart can NOT be Bar Torr because Impulse is IMMUNE to timeline shifts. It's like one of his defining traits due to his futureness and time fuckery.

>Kon and Bart are in the cells next to Tim
Yes.
>Barr Torr was Inertia
Yes.
>Tronsuitboy was Match all along.
Nope, don't make his origin anymore complicated. They should just make him more like a cartoon Kon, but with TTK. Old Superboy is Kenan -Kon-g now.

Scion is that idiot's new name for Superboy. He chose it because Scion was was the name of the Superboy episode of Smallville.

Not while Peter David is #problematic for pointing out the tendency of gypsies to mutilate their own children in order to make them better beggars.

When are they gonna bring back Slobo?!
>Slobo was Nu52 Lobo grown up