"The sun will explode, obliterating earth and everything on it in the process."

>"The sun will explode, obliterating earth and everything on it in the process."
>"But we don't have to worry about it, it's not going to happen for another billion years!"
Why aren't they coming up with a solution NOW?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kin9zqPMPaI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

probably for the same reason cro-magnons didn't worry about coming up with a nuclear defence strategy

What is there to do, Mr. Astrophysicist?

Because long before that happens we'll either be extinct or have abandoned the planet.

Cause it s impossibile to stop the Sun from blowing . The only solution is to leave earth .

I'd wager because they can't blackmail 97% of scientists into supporting a global sun non-explosion tax.

>Because long before that happens we'll either be extinct or have abandoned the planet.
How do you know future generations of scientists won't be putting the work off as well? Eventually it's going to get near that time and they'll have to scramble to come up with a way to do it.

Our sun isn't big enough to explode, it'll just condense into a very radioactive piece of shit

its gonna be 5 billion years

Because the human race will be long dead before then.

it will shed its outer layers leaving a white dwarf

Did you even read my post? We'll either be extinct or living elsewhere. The earth will become uninhabitable long before its swallowed by the sun. Not to mention some problems just don't have feasible solutions. It's beyond our abilities, both current and future to arrest the death of a star.

We have more pressing issues.

Our food supply, for instance. Fish are going to be inedible within our lifetimes if we don't fix shit.

Ah, so that's how it actually is?

>tfw my burger education fails me

>We'll either be extinct or living elsewhere.
So why don't scientists figure out a way to get us "elsewhere"? We could have an escape plan ready to go when shit hits the fan.
>Not to mention some problems just don't have feasible solutions. It's beyond our abilities, both current and future to arrest the death of a star.
Then what's the point of anything? Why vote Trump? Why marry a white woman? Why not just live a life of hedonism and degeneracy?

>So why don't scientists figure out a way to get us "elsewhere"? We could have an escape plan ready to go when shit hits the fan.

Mars mission planned in the next few years.

We're also finding all sorts of potentially Earth-like planets all over the place.

The first commercial Lunar missions are starting.

dude just turn off the atoms in the sun

Not for the same reason. The reason there was they didn't know the problem was going to happen.

>not working on finding a way to re-fuel the fusion reaction of the sun
>not understanding that this is physically possible because I say it must be

Don't eat the aquatic jew

How could you solve a star's life cycle? Are you stupid?

Why aren't you faggot?

We need a solution to the heat death of the universe RIGHT NOW

>Why aren't they coming up with a solution NOW?
All of us will be dead, but humans will be traveling the galaxy by then.

>So why don't scientists figure out a way to get us "elsewhere"?
Well, they are working on it. Government space agencies and private corporations are developing ever faster/efficient means of propulsion. We'll likely see a manner mission to mars in our lifetime We just discovered the first potentially earth-like planet. It's all baby steps that could lead to us colonizing the stars. Or not. The future's unknown.

>Then what's the point of anything?
I don't know man. It's up to you to decide what's important to you and why.

GAS THE SUN PLANETARY WAR NOW

Here's our solution:

>With artificial wombs being a reality, we can freeze sperm and egg aboard a space craft.
This space craft is sent to our nearest star. Probes are sent from the space craft down to a planet for testing. If the planet is deemed acceptable for life, the sperm and eggs are unfrozen and artificially inseminated, then put into the fake wombs and birthed.
48 Babies are born, and advanced A.I through voice command and TV's raise the babies.
When the children are 16 they simply fly down to their new home, and man kind can destroy a new planet.

>Well, they are working on it
Then why didn't you say so at the beginning instead of wasting my time you stupid nigger? I hope a black man cucks you the next time you go out.

>It's up to you to decide what's important to you and why.
Dank Memes are all that matter.

Dong pills are more profitable.

#shruglife

By the time the issue is relevant, we'll have advanced at least a significant margin and whatever solution we can come up with will be more effective, efficient and sophisticated.

All I know is that solar panels will have like 100% energy efficiency by then.

Opinions and speculation aren't fucking science. They pluck this info out of their asses.

Watch this and learn something new;

youtube.com/watch?v=kin9zqPMPaI

>0 Watts of energy coming from sun
>solar panels convert 0 W to 0 W
>100% efficient

we did it senpaitachi

>we are slowly approaching the eventual heat death of the universe

OH MY GOD, WHY IS NO ONE FUCKING DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?!

>implying a hyper intelligent computer won't recondense all matter and make a new universe

>How can the net amount of entropy of the universe be massively decreased?

If only there were enough data for a meaningful answer...

Because we cant just ship mexicans to the sun and start building a dyson sphere.

>Mars mission planned in the next few years.
>Escape from one uninhabitable planet to another

>tfw Nintendo showed us the way years ago

That's like planning how to invest your millions before you've ever made a dollar

We'll get to it when the time is right user

>yfw kek is the universe
>yfw kek is entropy
>yfw the heat death is his end goal
>yfw he enjoys chaos because it creates more entropy even if in negligible amounts, bringing him ever closer to his end goal
>yfw when he reaches the end he'll start it all again, and will continually do so for eternity
>yfw we are all kek's manifestations, and he goes from states of oneness to omniscience for no other reason than boredom

might start a cult soon

We'd be popping our interplanetary cherry. It's a huge deal, man.

We need to set up a permanent Lunar colony before we do a Martian one, though.

OP BTFO

Oh AC you so crazy

Did you try turning it off and then on again?

people are. Do you mean, why aren't they being given grants or privetly funded?

5,000,000,000 years is a long fucking time. there's no way to even know that humans as we know them today will even still be around in that time. we most certainly will be a completely different species by then, if we're still around.

yeah, fucking lazy bastards. why do I pay my taxes?