Am I crazy, or was a popular animated series supposed to be getting a long awaited revival this year?

Am I crazy, or was a popular animated series supposed to be getting a long awaited revival this year?

I must have imagined it, since it's almost December, and no such revival has happened.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OQFLmFaduak
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's happening in 2017

Next year
Supposedly early next year, but not this year

You missed the update from SEVERAL months ago that it's going to be in 2017 because they want it to be perfect.

>le "an animated season only takes a couple of months to make" meme
Keel urselph.

The last episode of Samurai Jack aired in September 2004. I think they've had plenty of time.

>Jack with blood, actual blood and not just robot oil

I get the feeling it won't be the same. In the original, there was fucking robot gore and it was still a child's show, that's what made the scene have an impact but if its going through a more mature and slightly darker tone, i am not sure it will be the same. But hey, as long as that story is concluded i'll take it.

It's going to be flash trash, don't get your hopes up.

Genndy said he was going to make it somewhat more mature (hench real blood) since it's on adult swim now and all the fans of the original show are probably in their 20's by now, but he also said he doesn't want to go overboard and keep it as true to the original as possible.

So I dunno, I have faith that Genndy knows what he's doing.

We'll see if he's another Bruce Timm (only was able to make good content due to being limited) or if he's the real deal. When you have more freedom your true colors will show.

I just want him to find a way back to the past or find some qt to wife up in the future.

He's been through enough shit.

It'll just be Aku in disguise again.

The detriment of the robots though was when clearly flesh and blood creatures or even humans come up, then get sliced to reveal they are robots too.

I can't see them just getting rid of all the robots. It's part of the future aesthetic. At the same time, Jack fights more than bots and the damage should reflect that.

Don´t worry, there will be robots. I mean, they're the backbone of Aku's army, I don´t expect him to get rid of them just because. However, Jack has always had living adversaries whom he either didn´t kill or turned out to be robotic too. Now if Jack has to fight a human or an animal he´ll be able to actually kill them. I think that change will be for the better.

If this new season had aired in CN I would have expected them to have Jack kill Aku, return to the past, kill Aku again and have a happy ending. But now that it's airing in AS I wouldn´t be surprised of they picked a bittersweet ending in which Jack manages to kill Aku in the future but is unable to return home, leaving him to fix the world Aku ravaged and making him take the role of king he was destined to. Or maybe they´ll implement a democracy, or city states or something like that, I dunno

I heard Jack doesn´t have his sword anymore. What's up with that?

If we were talking real cartoons, sure. But Samurai Jack is on the level of South Park with its carboard cutout style.

>real cartoons
How's that autism treating you, user?

Oh fuck off.

You're like the kind of people who cries that they shouldn't continue the show because Mako died even though there's plenties of excellent SJ episode where the only time you hear Aku is in the intro.

>Genndy
>conclude a story

I mean are you dumb man

Bullshit.
Wasn;t there an episode where Jack lost his sword and was losing to whatever he was fighting at that time, but once he recovered it he won?

Being on Toonami does have an advantage: it keeps Samurai Jack from being dumped in the dead zone slots CN loves to abuse

I think it's a good idea all-around so long as Genndy doesn't go full-on Adult Party Cartoon, granting more freedom is never a bad thing so long as the creator can contain themselves within the realm of good taste. I don't think it will be a problem, Genndy's never been known to be an edgelord, though something like SHAKE IT BAKE IT BOOTY QUAKE IT wouldn't have been as memorable on [AS]

I actually want Samurai Jack to end within the first season of this revival.

Truthfully, I am one of those people who thinks SJ is kind of boring and dull (though still a lot of good episodes) because it's episodic nature kind of hurts the story a lot. Cause I always felt like it was one of those kind of shows that all it takes is one season finale for it to completely end, and instead we got blue balled for years, cancelled, whined for over a decade, and now it's back to possibly do the same thing.

The revival is literally just a 10 episode conclusion miniseries so you're getting your wish, and I'm almost positive it'll be serialized
SJ isn't really a plot kind of show (or a typical piece of television), it's all about the craftsmanship and experience, it's basically just visual music to turn off your brain and absorb. helps to smoke some good ganja desu

This is the dumbest post of the week.

Nice bait, mate. I rate eight out of eight.

What do you think will be done about Aku? I don´t mean about his actor. I mean about the character himself.
Will be be played for laughs and seriousness as we´re used to? Will his comedic moments take a darker turn? Or will he just stay evil throughout the entire time with no comedic elements whatsoever? I´m just wondering.

Aku is still the same.
youtube.com/watch?v=OQFLmFaduak

Well, that's a relief. Still, I can see them taking on a few jokes that are of more black comedy involving him

Witnessed.

Also most of the crew's social media has been scrubbed of any mention, but they seem fairly convinced it'll start airing in March.

>Nintendo Switch and Samurai Jack revival in the same month
2017 is really looking nice

Why did those people get mad at this post? I thought it was funny.

>trump inaugurated
>samurai jack returns for a finale
>makes animation great again