Can someone explain the difference? Because i don't see it

Can someone explain the difference? Because i don't see it.

Alt-right memers are closet homos who love traps. Thats it.

Tumblr politics etc.

the cultural climate surrounding society which leads to the same thing having different meaning and subtexts in different times

Because when Steven did it, it was cringy and not funny.

That FOP episode is from 2002

there is a very simple thing you need to understand.

tumblr is one gigantic collective politicizing faggot

>projecting
The political climate
plus

Pretty much the difference.

Three of those are funny. One is not.

When steven did it, it wasn't played like a joke
the dexter episode was just as weird IMHO
Bugs being a girl wasn't the joke, the fact that elmer thought he was a girl was the joke

That's one of the better fairly oddparent episodes because it gave pre-shippers hope and introduced the hope of side-character development

>When steven did it, it wasn't played like a joke
It totally was though, with the Grandma saying "that mystery act had Steven written all over it." When it was going to be Sadie. It was Sup Forums that didn't treat it like a joke.

Simple;

Steven is a genuine fruitcake.

>the Grandma saying "that mystery act had Steven written all over it."
That still doesn't meant it's a joke
it just means that steven is a well known crossdresser

we grew up
join us, or continue to live in the past

If I've learned anything from cartoons, it's that growing up sucks.

>we grew up
Into nu-males

>haha, you're a modern-thinking, contemporary male
>somehow that's an insult
I guess
cuck makes sense
calling someone a nu-male is only an insult on Sup Forums, maybe Sup Forums as a whole, but still

That episode of dexter was fucking disgusting and the exact opposite of fun.

>it wasn't played like a joke
Oh go blow yourself you humorless chode. It was a fucking joke when Sadie can't go on and Steven's backup plan is to squeeze himself into a dress and sing in her place.

>calling someone a nu-male is only an insult on Sup Forums, maybe Sup Forums as a whole

Never been to twitter? Ask your wife's son to show you

There is no difference, it's just the bad part of SU's fanbase as usual reading into things way too much. We still have other instances of this in present day that show it can still be used for fun, like Princess Marco.

Can't agree more.

holy fuck you're right.

PRESENTATION

When Timmy and Dexter do it, the joke is it's so awkward and uncomfortable for them it's unfunny. When bugs does it, the joke is that he's too comfortable and doing this to fool someone who looks stupid for not seeing through it.

When STEVEN does it, there's no joke or irony to it. It's meant to be a solid "You go, Girl!" emotional beat.

SU is gay constantly so it didn't feel like a joke.

The other ones aren't gay all the time so it actually felt like a joke

the end

Idiots like who can't recognize a joke.

>it just means that steven is a well known crossdresser
WTF dude, do you even know anything about the show you're commenting on? If you're going to argue in bad faith, why argue at all?

Gumball in the dress was really funny too

/thread.

it's false-flagging in the extreme. i can't believe you're falling for it

Because Steven is gross looking and it was uncomfortable and awkward to watch him sing and dance in a dress. Which made it unfunny. It was a joke that was badly executed. Now before you go armchair psychologist on me and say "hurr durr you're just uncomfortable because you're projecting your insecurities" There have been plenty of other better executed jokes from other shows that were funny.

Let me guess:
3 done for laughs
1 done because "WE NEEDTA EXPAND ACCEPTANCE GUISE ITS 2016 COME ON, MY POLITICS ON CARTOONS IS IMPORTAAANT!"

I agree it wasn't funny but OP is still right, it not being funny doesn't mean it's SJW shit.

Well for one reason, gender issues have only recently become a mainstay issue. Scenes like Buggs Bunny dressing as a woman to get one over on elmer fudd was meant to be a joke of "Ha ha, a male character is dressing like a woman! That's not the way he should dress!"

Steven's scene in that episode is meant more to show a healthier example of support from parental figures, note how pearl responds to finding steven's skirt. Plus the humor of the scene was meant more to emphasise how shitty the song was.

>1950 Buggs Bunny
It's a total gag, and more than anything a mock on Richard Wagner's Operas (who the Nazi's loved by the way).

>1997 Dexters Lab
Once again, a gag. More to show off the weird sadistic nature of Didi.

>2006 FOP
The only thing coming out of this is an after school special message of "Conformity is Bad", and "Each gender has it tough in their own ways".

>2015 Steven
It seemed to me that Steven was actually the one more interested in the talent show, and he realized that he and Sadies mom where pushing her, so he went out in her place which is what he really wanted to do anyway.

I know, I chalk it up to Steven being sickeningly naive and innocent.

"LOL"
"LOL"
"LOL"
"Wow, this is retarded."

It's all about execution.

Author's intent. First three were "I'm making a funny joke" while the last one was "look at how progressive I made this cartoon!"

That episode and the Rugrats episode where Stu started acting like a baby were both similarly fucked up and disturbing.

Which you know, because

The episode should have ended with Steven getting on stage and singing the first couple of lines, then the audience's reaction and the grandma's line as the zinger before it irised out. Instead, we got a full minute-long musical number sucking any humor out of the situation.

Because all those shows didn't shove LGBT as a main plot point and held it up like a pedistal.

>Bugs Bunny does this for comedic effect
>DeeDee didn't know better that Dexter was just being stupid for one episode
>Timmy was being taught a lesson for one episode
>ENTIRE FUCKING SERIES REVOLVES AROUND LGBT PEDISTAL SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE NONSENSE

See? That's the difference.

Yeah, Wander Over Yonder did BBunny-esque drag recently and it was received well. SU is just terribly executed.

I still remember how the part where he kisses the duck butt weirded me out.

>If you're going to argue in bad faith, why argue at all?

You new in town?

1. Gives me an erection. It's funny.
2. Doesn't give me an erection. Still funny.
3. Doesn't give me an erection. Still funny.
4. Doesn't give me an erection. Not funny.

Obvious troll thread, but they're all fun.

A skill called inductive reasoning. You can obtain it too if you try hard enough.

>Inductive reasoning

You mean projecting? :^)

Honestly who the fuck cares

I remember a time when this board did something besides just whine

Fuck I have a headache and can't be bothered to write a coherent reply. something about tumblr poltics/gen x/y having no sense of subtly when trying to deliver a message. Also something about shitty extreme opinions. Fuck everybody and and everything why can't we talk about goddamn cartoons. fuck co you even wanted lesbians rocks. uugh kill me now im so alone : c