STD Star Trek Discovery Thread

Star Trek Discovery or as the cool kids say STD has been announced. youtube.com/watch?v=bqm9HSYbf0o
Facts we know:
>Takes place before the original series to reboot the franchise.
>For trek fans this means its officially been announced it is in the prime timeline and changes the future of that timeline to draw in a more mainstream audience. (Movies are in the Kelvin Timeline.)
>Commanding officer or Captain will be a Klingon. This explains the hybrid look of the ship being part klingon and the klingon style music in the trailer.
>Highest Ranking officer will be an admiral and casting is for females only since this is a leadership position.
>Instead of just standard warp drive, the ship can travel through time to the past and the future.
>There are planned crossovers announced such as with other CBS properties like Big Bang Theory since STD is less scifi and more action to get a bigger audience.
>Story does not follow the bridge crew but the regular officers.
>Lead is the highest ranking officer on show normally the LT. commander announced the role will be an african american woman.
>Shows story arc follows the african american woman as she explores the galaxy as we follow her on her journey of discovering herself as a woman.
>Only white male will be an openly gay male lead character to be played by an openly gay actor.
>Doctor casting call is for british males only to get the Dr.who audience many speculate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ho00EcanIvY
youtube.com/watch?v=bqm9HSYbf0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

(cont'd)
>Show creator Bryan Fuller has posted much of this on his twitter, his past work involves working on many Star Trek franchises and creating Hannibal.
>First episode will air on TV with the rest available via paid subscription with CBS All Acess and some time later on Netflix, possible 1-6 months nothing solid yet.
>Due to the show not being on Public TV the show can contain mature content past the first episode.
>The new shows creator is promising a no holds barred gore fest packed with intense action, blood and guts due to there being no censorship.
*source: Bryan Fuller Twitter/TVGuide/SDCC/Variety

Will this model for STD work in the current environment following the Ghostbusters debacle of fans being called nerds and racists for being white?

Will there be a crossover with 2016 ghostbusters?

>Will there be a crossover with 2016 ghostbusters?
Probably not user, that is Sony.... But I got dirt on the future of GB as well....

>How could there be war crimes, when there wasn't any war?
Prove this wrong (((Bajorans)))

Takes place before all other Trek series to establish a new universe. Dukat possibly doesnt even exist. There are also newer alien species which means possibly no Bajorans ever existed since they want to move away from using human looking aliens with clip on parts.

I have no idea what the fuck is this, in my world STDs mean sexually transmitted disease, will this shit be a series or movie?

t. Brazilian

>will this shit be a series or movie?
TV series with 13 episode seasons,
First episode broadcast on public TV, the rest of the series will be subscription only through CBS All Access and possibly netflix later with a weekly addition.

kek subscription only, the movie/series media still doesn't get no one wants to pay for shit, they will just torrent it after a few weeks.

dogshit music + dogshit ship = dogshit teaser

>kek subscription only, the movie/series media still doesn't get no one wants to pay for shit, they will just torrent it after a few weeks.
That model is said to be used NOT for the monetary aspect but because on public TV it would undergo heavy censorship as the Creator said and this way they can unleash the beast as he says.
>dogshit music + dogshit ship = dogshit teaser
Thats Klingon inspired music and half Klingon ship because the Captain is a Klingon.

>Highest Ranking officer will be an admiral and casting is for females only since this is a leadership position.

In fact all of this is pretty funny

btw the official abbreviation is "DSC", but they did call it "STD" as a joke referring to how much sexual content the show is going to have.

>that 2000-tier cgi
Come on its 2016.

>btw the official abbreviation is "DSC", but they did call it "STD" as a joke referring to how much sexual content the show is going to have.
Im pretty sure STD is going to stick just because of the dual meaning and fun of it. Noone will end up calling it DSC that is just what the network tried putting out in the second batch of press releases but not since.

Its just a mock up no worries. The ship has already been changed the creator said in some aspects.

Other facts
>There will be full functioning humanoid robots.

Kind of how they wanted the Xbox one to be referred to as The One, not the X-bone.

I don't give a shit about this inevitable failure other than joy that trekkies will stop shitting on Enterprise as the worst.

If they bring the cat race the cartoon introduced to live action that would be neat as it would shot furries just how horrifying cat people would be in real life.

>gay showrunner creates show called STD

>I don't give a shit about this inevitable failure other than joy that trekkies will stop shitting on Enterprise as the worst.
c'mon bro if this fails that means another decade of nothing, most of us werent even alive the last time a Star Trek tv series was made.

Better be a lot of aspects because it does not look like something the federation would make.

>>Commanding officer or Captain will be a Klingon. This explains the hybrid look of the ship being part klingon and the klingon style music in the trailer.

this is bullshit, they went and took the art style from old as fuck art sheets

Underage b&

It's a retroactive explanation of the ship's style.

>Better be a lot of aspects because it does not look like something the federation would make.
Its rumored due to the Timedrive allowing them to go into the past or future since no holodeck it may be of Klingon design which explains why the captain is a Klingon and Klingon music in Trailer. Keep in mind the ship may be4 heavily manned by robotic androids its being said.

>this is bullshit, they went and took the art style from old as fuck art sheets
Yes they did, from the star wars guy, they admit that to a point but cant say all the way legally yet until the estate negotiations finish. Either way no worries the ship has changed.

>Pre-TOS
>Federation Klingon captain

You're funny.
I ain't clicking any of shit nor do I belive you
I'll just stick to Star Trek Contiues

It's gonna be crap. Forget having brilliantly written stories testing the ethical and moral fortitude of characters like Measure of a Man, Homefront, In The Pale Moonlight, or Latent Image.

Instead say hello to hamfisted episodes with unimaginative SJW plots - the transgender crewman who gets harassed by a White male crew member, the xenophobic candidate for Earth president who wants to kick out all the aliens and build a space wall, the black kid who gets shot by a racist security officer, etc.

I never got Star Trek. Show always fucking sucked

then you'll have to keep waiting because this sure as shit ant trek

yeah that's bullshit

"Worf became the first Klingon to enter and graduate from Starfleet Academy."

That's hard canon

sounds like shit
looks like shit
story seems shit

So just like all the "reboot" ones then. Sad times...I'd consider myself a fan of Star Trek but the recent films have all been trash meme shit.

>I ain't clicking any of shit nor do I belive you
The only link is to youtube :P you can google the rest user the sources are second post...

>Forget having brilliantly written stories testing the ethical and moral fortitude of characters like Measure of a Man, Homefront, In The Pale Moonlight, or Latent Image.
Bro its written by pretty much the only working writer from the original trek shows and he worked on all of them at one point or another and was chosen by Roddenberry personally.

>"Worf became the first Klingon to enter and graduate from Starfleet Academy."
Not canon anymore this show is a prequel it will also feature robotic humanoid androids.

>changes the future of that timeline
>Captain will be a Klingon
>casting is for females only
>STD is less scifi
>regular officers
>discovering herself as a woman
>openly gay male lead character
>british males only
>intense action, blood and guts

Disgusting

TOS had robotic humanoid androids

The overwhelming majority of episodes of each series are just "meh", but when they get an episode right - the right combination of story, writers, actors, etc - Star Trek can be fucking AMAZING.

>TOS had robotic humanoid androids
exactly these are said to be more sophisticated than Data so people cant tell who is real and who is a robot as part of the shows possible plot points?
How do you feel about how the uniforms will feature skirts for men as seen in the pilot episode of TNG? The point of having men in the skirts is to make the uniforms more unisex for some starfleet officers.

This has to be bullshit. You've got to be fucking with me. Who is the intended audience?

>This has to be bullshit. You've got to be fucking with me. Who is the intended audience?
Audience its been discussed is said to be more mainstream and as they said steering away from the scifi aspect. This is why there are crossovers possible with Big Bang Theory to bazinga through space and also get more viewers to keep the show going past the first season.

I hope Mike Fund The Fourth Reich With The Gold From Dead Kikes Stoklasa does a Mr Plinkett on this series

Abrams Trek fans.

>skirts for men
They lost their minds, what can I say...

I'll believe it when I see it, and not before. Enterprise was a huge disappointment that barely managed one good season. I won't be won over so easily, especially with what we know about the project so far.

And you know what else? Star Trek got better after Rodenberry died, so who fucking cares who he personally liked?

>skirts for men
>They lost their minds, what can I say...
As stated by the creator and I checked and its true the first episode of Star Trek the next generation features many men in skirts to make the show more unisex.
>And you know what else? Star Trek got better after Rodenberry died, so who fucking cares who he personally liked?
I agree, but my point is Roddenberry had been around a LONG time as a writer. He saw this guy back then and instead of kicking him out brought him on, it was literally like one of his first real gigs. That says something, plus this writer, he is good user with this kind of ish. Other thing is hes open to fans and listens to us and is active in the community making changes as fans react or discuss things about the show with him.

At least they were kind enough to make the movies in an alternate timeline. Hopefully they do the same with this.

There is a TV subreddit

No need to shit up this board

Fucking hell. I just realized there will likely be a Star Wars and Star Trek crossover in the future. I don't even care for either but this upsets me.

>At least they were kind enough to make the movies in an alternate timeline.
CBS owns the TV series, the movies are owned by Paramount which is why there are 2 timelines.

It's still overrated garbage

I know dufus, I've watched the series. They ditched the skirts for a reason...it was awful

just when i thought it couldn't get any worse for trek after jewjew abraHAMs took a shit all over it, now this.

not only is trek DEAD but now they are BEATING THE DEAD HORSE.

USS DEAD HORSE
BOLDLY GETTING BEATEN TO A BLOODY SHIT BY SJW FAGGOTS.

R.I.P Star Trek I will always love you and remember you.
ToS TNG DS9 even Voyager. all the rest are GARBAGE AND MAKE ME WANNA KILL THE FUCKING PLANET.

>BOLDLY GETTING BEATEN TO A BLOODY SHIT BY SJW FAGGOTS.
actually the guy writing is is not SJW at all the way you think. He puts in shit to get attention or for storyline but does it right when he does. I wouldnt shit yourself yet over it.

>Commanding officer or Captain will be a Klingon. This explains the hybrid look of the ship being part klingon and the klingon style music in the trailer.
out of everything this what triggers me the most tbqh

Sounds like a total shitshow. I am very disappointed.

>There are planned crossovers announced such as with other CBS properties like Big Bang Theory since STD is less scifi and more action to get a bigger audience.

Ok ok .. nice bait

They are really going to kill it this time aren't they?

>Ok ok .. nice bait
already announced to the television association and reported through TV guide from official sources since this is from the network execs. Doesnt mean anything more than it says to get more viewers, first season has to do this, dont hate too much but expect to see your favorite cast members from BBT on STD. BAZINGA!
as crazy as all that shit sounds above it may just work!

AYO.
HOL' UP.

YOU sayin... You MEAN...

WE WUZ CAP'NS?

I hope they are planning to do this as a Star Trek Comedy Show...

Already garbage. This was tried before and it sucked.

I want this to fail so so badly but the fact that the faggot director was the creator of "Hanibal" makes me worry that it has a chance to be watchable. Also dont blame the jews this time, he is a roman catholic faggot.

>another prequel
>another time travel plot

Yeah but fags are like your pawns. They always buy into your bullshit. It's still the fault of the Jews.

>Already garbage. This was tried before and it sucked.
This takes place after enterprise in the timeline.

maybe then you will like this one since he listens to fans, knows the show, and adopts their input. pretty awesome since most things these days are not for fans like that recvent ghostbusters failure which called all the original fans racists and nerdy losers for liking the original which had men.

>This takes place after enterprise in the timeline.
And Enterprise was HORRIBLE. It was unwatchable trash.

They should have made this series after Voyager and based it around the Academy.

bro its a prequel to reboot elements of the universe

They're going to fuck it up. You know this.

>Nicholas Meyer asks fans to “lower your expectations”

What a bunch of fucking idiots!

>They're going to fuck it up. You know this.
hes working real hard on this. everyone is???

>Instead of just standard warp drive, the ship can travel through time to the past and the future.
I feel like vomiting until I die.

>I feel like vomiting until I die.
is that how you feel when watching BTTF?

It's just a horrible premise. The whole idea is a terrible one.

I brought something from /tv to lift up the mood.

youtube.com/watch?v=ho00EcanIvY

I had a GREAT FUCKING DAY until this shit!

Dropped.

>It's just a horrible premise. The whole idea is a terrible one.
The whole idea isnt out there yet, we got some pieces lets see if they make a magical masterpeice?

Am I the only one who actually liked Enterprise? I thought it brought back of lot of the more noble side of the Federation, stuff that got lost in Voyager and DS9.

judging by the ratings on Enterprise I think its safe to say your one of the few who liked it.

>there will never be another good star trek series in your lifetime because leftism got too big for its britches

Still the dirt!

all treks arent about leftist, its just about what is the Federation like Starship Troopers bro.

politics behind the scenes you mean? whats to come? or what could have been? its a thing for those who care and those who dont.... well they dont....

>every episode is a morality tale about tolerance and being a do gooder
>implying that's not leftism

DESU, I was alive when it aired, and I didn't watch it then, so I was in a sense part of the ratings problem. I grew up on TOS and TNG, but I got turned off two or three episodes into DS9 and skipped that and Voyager. It wasn't until many years later that I bothered to watch any of them again. DS9 turned out to be okay, Voyager sucked, but Enterprise had something about it, some deeper spirit of adventure that I liked.

I'm curious to hear what you know about the future of the franchise after that dumpster fire of a theatrical release

>there will never be a mirror universe series
>they're making this shit instead

Is there a worse feel?

>set before the original series
>has a klingon captain with a klingon hybrid ship

Federation - Klingon relations were frosty to the point of being at war at the time the original series was set. It makes no fucking sense that Klingons would already have been integrated as Starfleet personnel at this time. Worf was supposed to be the first ever Klingon to serve in starfleet and that was a hundred years or more after the original series.

Fuck reboots.

Booooooooooo

>youtube.com/watch?v=bqm9HSYbf0o

Boooooooooowtf

>I'm curious to hear what you know about the future of the franchise after that dumpster fire of a theatrical release
Future of franchise is intact, cartoon on the way pre approved moving forward as planned. Reitman to helm set about 50 years give or take in future with flying cars. This was wanted in the original but ya know budgets....

They owe that to reitman, and to not piss off the writers and directors guilds for freezing him out meaning noone is blacklisting Sony as a studio yet....

No movie sequel tied to the last sequel which means the illuminati storyline wont be explored further at least its unknown what that future will be, but with Reitman doing things we could see a re-emergence of something from that.

I'm catching the run on H&I right now - first time I've seen it in syndication since its original airing (then again I didn't exactly go looking for it.) Not as bad as it's been advertised by trekies. I was already turned off back in the day for having to slog through the previous two, DS9 & Voyager, so didn't give it a fair shake and missed half the series, and the fact that it got the boot.

>Worf was supposed to be the first ever Klingon to serve in starfleet and that was a hundred years or more after the original series.
thew new kliongon captain heliming a starfleet vessel maybe isnt in starfleet, we really dont know.

Havent seen enterprise yet even on the 24/7 stream they dont show it, are you watching that stream too?

>It makes no fucking sense that Klingons would already have been integrated as Starfleet personnel at this time.
yeah no shit. the whole "federation/klingon war" was started with their "first contact".

If they want to make a new series, why not start A NEW FUCKING SERIES as in, make up a new idea. Drop the Star Trek label if they hate it so much.

>Drop the Star Trek label if they hate it so much.
Bro fuller loves Star Trek, he literally owes his entire career to that series. He isnt into dark gritty BS like others wanted he wants a real "Trek" for the real fans which is why hes always talking to them.

Then he better stop taking such a huge "J.J. Abrams" flavored shit all over it.

It's worthwhile comparing the ends of the series: TNG was time travel yet again, DS9 Sisko ascends to become a godlike something just kill me Babylon 5 did this so much better, and Voyager was time travel yet again and Borg yet again with deus-ex-machina Janeway magically destroying the Borg and getting Voyager home. Enterprise's fourth season felt like Star Trek finally grew up, putting together the proto-Federation and getting shit straight and set up for the future to work out right, not because of time travel (which had already been done to death in the series) but because it was the right thing to do and the right way to do it.

>STD

It's DSC. The other series aren't abbreviated as STTOS or STTNG or STDS9, why would this one be different?

Because it's terrible like an STD?

>Then he better stop taking such a huge "J.J. Abrams" flavored shit all over it.
You got him all wrong, while it seems that way, he nevers goes SJW with that ish, its actually anti-SJW but progressive if that makes sense. in other words when something seems bluepilled hes more the showing something progressive but not in the ahole way, but in the way it works, hes done this in the past.

You and I both know STD will stick just due to the name... the network doesnt even call it DSC in the last batch of press releases and didnt until the second batch but maybe realized the irony of the term being catchy so are just letting it go for now.

Also this is sounding mroe and more like it's going to be to Star Trek what Universe was to Stargate.

I saw it on vidlocker or some other such streaming site. That was how I watched most television shows for a few years: low res, crappy streams, okay with me.