ITT: God-tier tropes

ITT: God-tier tropes

>Protagonist and antagonist genuinely care for each other
>Protagonist and antagonist used to be former friends/lovers/mentor, student
>Protagonist weeps for villain when they die/ villain weeps for protagonist when they die

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8wGUvBELwRU
foryourinebriation.com/uploads/1/5/5/3/15536798/306416109.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The pharaoh was dumb, he just should have let his people go

God hardened his heart, as to make the pharaoh not let the jews go

I fucking hate the old testament.

>you were my brother Anakin
> I loved you

He could not be the weak link in the chain.

That's a shitty execusion of that trope though. Obi Wan and Anakin weren't belivable as friends

did god just fucking hate the Egyptians or something?
I mean for fucks sake he created them too.

God from the old testament is a horribly written and inconsistent character because Jews can't write for shit.

I'm guessing that it was because they worshipped false gods like Rah, Osiris and the Blue Eyes White Dragon

It was Christians that created the idea that the one true God hardened Pharaoh's heart. In the original text it's vague enough to be interpreted as an Egyptian god hardening his heart to prevent him from caving into Jehovah's demands. It wasn't until later that Jude-Christian theologians decided God is the only god, rather than being the god of the Hebrews.

God of the old testament in literally the god of the jews only, everybody else can go screq so far as He's concerned

WE

how so

but he created all of man right?
So why not give them another shot?
God is a fuckin weird dude

No chemistry

>cain and abel

Because they barely interacted in Episode I, never got along in Episode II, and were separated for half the movie in Episode III.

fuck youre dumb, jews have always been monotheistic, at least as long as they have mattered to history, nobody knows about their desert days outside the lense of history, but they were made fun of for being monotheistic long before jesus entered the picture.

yeah

basically as long as the antagonist isn't some one dimensional evil for evils sake dude

YOU WHO I CALLED BROTHER

Literally The Master.
Apart from when the writers forgot he was meant to be The Doctor's brother

>muh slavery is ok!!

I want Sup Forums and reddit to leave

mr plinkett said so!

Jew god originally was the god of war, hence he doesn't care aboot non jews

very clearly means g*d already knows what will happen and is informing moses of it. Not that he's bypassing the pharaohs free will, which would be a dumb af reading unsupported by the rest of the text

Well the idea was that the entirety of the human race had fallen under the sway of Satan and his dark angels(who posed as gods to pagan peoples and gave them sorcerous power in some cases). The Hebrews were selected to be God's showcase ethnic group for a a people who threw off the shackles of demonic influence and followed God and God's law instead. Many people died in these stories, but to the Hebrews the bodycount was a necessary part of taking the demonic pagan deities down from their elevated place in most cultures while proving the supremacy of the true god.

He could've killed all the jews right then and there.

>Sup Forums and reddit
so reddit is deeper in the memes than us now???

>villain was right and the hero has to deal with the consequences of his actions

When has this ever happened?

They are never shown interacting in the movies. The animated series does a better job at fleshing out their relationship

>Pharoah could have killed all the Jews 4k years ago
Can black people do anything right?

not Sup Forums but Gurren Lagann

That movie was so good.
>IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED?!

>Blue Eyes White Dragon
Got a good chuckle out of me.

>created all of man
Yahweh was the tribal god of the Jews and no one else. The idea of a universal God who loved all life was a Christian belief and one of the main reasons Jesus died

Because God only likes his chosen people

Within the movie, his entire civilization was built around slavery. If he released all of the workers, the only people left to work would be the aristocrats or the merchants. It's likely they would have overthrown him for making a decision like that.

DELIVER US

It doesn't just say that the pharao won't let them go, it says that God hardened his heart, several times actually.

original sin dude, he was harsh on the jews as well

literally >ourguy

Remember the Bible is a selection of (a few, the canon, out of many) texts, written by different authors, at different times, with different styles and purposes.

They were pretty bro-tier in the opening sequence of RotS.

Obiwan fully trusted Anakin at that point and there was always mutual respect

people think god was gunna let egytian get away with the killing of all the first born jew babies. kek

moses loving rases like a brother is such a hollywood thing do to., bible moses dance when that prick died under the red sea kek

No shit fedora tipper

But he does senpai, the whole OT leads up to Jesus redeeming all of mankind last present and future.

This. Sup Forums is a bunch of Godless heathens who literally worship a demon pantheon.

>Obi Wan and Anakin weren't belivable as friends

That's why The Clone Wars managed to salvage the prequels.

Pharaoh hardened his own heart several times, and after he rejected God's word over and over, then God finally hardened Pharoah's heart

t. Someone who has actually read the Bible a few times

Episode 1 has Qui Gon developing a relationship with Anakin while Obi Wan was in the background. Episode 2 has their relationship established between sequels.

It would have been better if Qui Gon's character was just Obi Wan and if we did have them develop meaningful chemistry instead of the forced relationship in episode 2.

Sure, but after two movies of nothing, at that point it already wasn't believable.

This.

This is unrealistic, the pharaoh ain't even black cuh.

And that was established in between movies? The audience not being part of that process diminish how much the audience cares about the relationship which should have been a core element of the prequels.

What movie had the antagonist cry when the protagonist died ?

>song duel between protag and antag

>demons will give me magic.
>God won't.
Why couldnt God be cool and give his people cool shit like that?

The Prince of Egypt was a pretty good adaptation of the original story.

Exodus is pure kino you pleb

At times He did.

Kek

If Qui Gon's character was Obi Wan then his death would have lessened significance. Still would probably make for better prequels.

Evangelion I think. The Angels were on Earth first and killing them almost results in humanity being destroyed

A PIZZA
>my brother and I would always sing this

Nah, the Pharaoh hardened his own heart. Why would he believe in some made up thing that calls itself God when the Pharaoh has the backing of the Egyptian Gods? For all he knows, this could've been Set's doing.

You should be ashamed. They believed that their God was true god. But he could have kicked other gods asses.

it's important to note that the proto-judean religion was essentially henotheistic, meaning they recognized that other gods existed for other people but still worshipped only yhwh.

I swear this site is so fucking autistic. No one mentioned ANY god tier tropes and entire thread got derailed into talking about God and OT

we all hate jews

you got me you fuck.

>Protagonist is perfect
>Antagonist is a jealous incompetent fool that gets someone else to do his dirty work for him
>Protagonist forgives the antagonist anyway which just makes the antagonist angrier even with the death of the protagonist
I love it every single time.

>new transfer student
>gets to be seated on the 2nd to last seat next to window
It's always like this??

>Blue Eyes White Dragon

>protagonist asks mentor to kill him

How was that a fedora post? It's Catholic doctrine. It's fundies that believe the Bible came straight from God.

Kek.
Simply wrong, by the time the torah was being written the Hebrews had long ago transitioned from henotheism, and the priestly class which wrote it certainly didn't subscribe to it. When put in context, especially with the fact that the text alternates between saying god hardened his heart and pharaoh did it himself, this is an absolutely ridiculous claim to make.
wrong, there are pleanty of examples of God favoring non-jews, such as ruth, naman, cyrus the great, His command to jonah to preach to the Assyrians just to name a few. And God is no fan of the jews either, they constantly reject Him and ignore His commands. The only reason He doesn't abandon them entirely is because of His covenant with Abraham, and even then He eventually replaces it with the new covenant which is for all mankind

Salvation history man, God's working up to saving all mankind with the Death and Resurrection of Christ. Before then He laid the groundwork with the jews, but the other user is flat out wrong to claim that God didn't care about other peoples, because there are many instances of Him doing just so. What God in both the OT and NT is shown to really care about is if you follow His law, not really what race you are. He only holds a special place for the jews because He made a covenant with Abraham, but even then the jews often end up fucking up so much that God says "fuck it" and stops protecting them

He does though, all the time. Plus God's magic includes some top tier bants, like the plagues of egypt each representing a different egyptian god just because God wanted to show off that He was really in charge

>I loved you
>no homo tho

God created the demons and their magic and the humans

demons hate god for making humans in exalted place rather then them and fuck with humans. god lets them

demons get magic powers and humans get to toil by the sweat of their brow and suffer and have to slaughter people because demons work overtime i guess and always win people over with magic

demons get your soul if you deviate from the toiling and suffering. demons get your soul nfor magic
heaven and slaughtering non jews for milk and honey seem to be the rewards for suffering horribly in desert 40 years

jew kingdom which was promised lasts less than the roman empire pagans built. jews btfo

>group kidnaps guy who keeps screwing them over
>force him to work for them
>he still screws them over

Why did Sup Forums become infested with Christians?

>Mentor teaches student to fight evil
>Travel around and defeat local evils in villages or towns
>He says youre ready to fight the greatest evil
>Says his previous student kills thousands and so to atone for creating an evil, new student must kill him
>Ends with mentor dying peacefully after the fight ends
>Gets buried on a cliff facing the ocean where his home is across the sea

>"For the Son of God became man so that we might become God."
>Bishop Athanasius c. 296–373

All apart of The Plan. The Jews role was to follow the Covenant and produce a sinless woman, Mary. She was given the free willed choice to bring God into this world as an actual human being. By being born so, human beings would be elevated to an infinite potential. Since the human races was flawed and different from God (Adam & Eve eating from the Tree of Knowledge), they'd need an sacrifice of infinite value to balance out their position relative to an infinite power. Humanity didn't have anything of infinite value (the best they could do was sacrifice lambs at the time), so Jesus sacrificed Himself to balance out the deficit. By doing so, Jesus rewrote the human condition into a path of divinity. So rather than just being less sinless (Judaism), we could actually be more like God and be divine (Christianity); rather than a finite spiritual potential, we'd now have an infinite potential.

This is what made Christianity such an attractive religion compared to the rest. Rich or poor, patrician or pleb, everyone had equal opportunity to divinity; it wasn't just exclusive to the Pharaohs or Caesars. It was an expansion of the notion of apotheosis to theosis; where God assist individuals in becoming god-like themselves. Older traditions such as Eastern Orthodoxy take this notion of divination literally, while later branches like in Protestantism just refer to it as Salvation (i.e. getting into Heaven).

So really, it's all a long game played by God. He knew humans would be different, and would like to be like Him, and would eat the fruit of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. However, humans would first have to know Evil (what's not like Him) before they could be Good (what's like Him). Jesus's birth and resurrection marked the turning point for this divination of humanity.

youtu.be/8wGUvBELwRU
Gives me the chills, evey fucking time. What a great story and movie.

>human beings actually believe this nonsense

>divinity
>nihilistic oblivion

You're free to choose.

>my incredibly convoluted and ridiculous religious beliefs just so happen to be the one truth

Why are you on Sup Forums? Do you think your magic sky god approves of the content on this website?

>Protagonist asks mentor to stand in as his father at his wedding
Fug, it got me

Shit

I haven't watch the new season yet

why cant you say god are you retarded or something?

>Bishop Athanasius
Literally who?
Also Mary wasn't sinless, only Jesus was sinless
You need to actually read the bible instead of listening to theologians

>Sup Forums and reddit
but why repeat yourself like this?

This moment wasnt earned

Thats why Berserk is bae

>reading this much into a single sentence, probably badly translated over the years

>Inexplicably masked character is revealed to be someone's long lost brother

I'll fuck off back to Sup Forums now.

I WILL NOT BE THE WEAK LINK!
foryourinebriation.com/uploads/1/5/5/3/15536798/306416109.jpg