*inhales*

*inhales*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_n4jQ0LkLLg
youtube.com/watch?v=lxHna3gReBw&t=134
nationalreview.com/article/451398/mother-brads-status-explore-inner-demons-insecurities
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*exhales*

*exhales*

*burps*

why is it getting ok scores everywhere then?

Based Aronofsky mother! is the ultimate pleb filter
This just confirms normies cant into movies that challenge them on an intellectual level

Lol

BRAAAAAAAAAAPH

It's not. The audience doesn't like it. Only some critics thinks it's ok.

Nah I saw it and it's just shit. You haven't even seen it... you're just an edgy contrarian.

Rex Reed's review was fantastic. He couldn't have shit on it more if it were a toilet.

Waiting for that Armond review.

I've never even heard of movies getting an F on cinemascore before.

It's Aronofsky - critics are afraid of calling it shit and being classed as plebs by other critics.

It's getting as much hate is it is praise

Hell yes this

it's already out

>inb4 link faggot

this, it's good, i swear to god i just ordered this hat free with my Regal Rewards Points from based Moviepass.

I don't get this though
how does a director release something that nobody else seems to like?
is it possible that he really likes his movie and nobody else does? or does he hate it as well but didn't have the time to fix it?

>jlaw
this bitch can't act

why would anyone cast her in a horror movie which often needs good acting to be believable

>tfw too intelligent to watch anything other than mother

youtube.com/watch?v=_n4jQ0LkLLg

the only mother review that matters

He made a pretty insane, audacious, not perfect but creative film that he wanted to make, with a big budget, wide distribution, etc. That's a good thing. Someone at the studio trusts him for whatever reason. It is insane it's this big of a movie and this strange. Mass audience walk-outs like nothing else in recent memory.

It's not. He has made some true kino, like the Fountain, where there is just the right amount of mysticism and raw emotion that you can't help but be sucked in. Mother! is unfortunately none of those things. It's basically an edgy commentary on climate change. He went political.

I could never review a movie minutes after watching it.

If I did that, I'd have given independence day resurgence a positive review

now i see it as 3/10

Just fuck my studio up senpai

40 fucking minutes?

I've been saying it for over a decade and i'm going to say it again, Aronofsky is the ultimate pleb filter.

>edgy commentary on climate change.

If you believe this i have a bridge to sell you. Yeah, i know he and her are saying that now, but it's a joke. Maybe after the fact he thought the parallel fit or something, but it doesnt. It's about the nature of God, creation and the act of creating, life and art.

Maybe Aronofsky was the unfortunate collateral damage necessary to finally kill JLaw's career

Some of these reviews are glorious

It's a fucking art film ffs, normies are mad because they thought it would be a horror film because that's how Paramount marketed it. The reason why Paramount marketed it as such is because JLaw is in it and they thought they could capitalize on it. The only reason JLaw is in it is because of Oscar bait.

>ass audience walk-outs like nothing else in recent memory.

proof?

This, even at my theater there was, on top of the concession soda installation, a cheap laminated MS word print-out i guess tying it to It, that read something like, 'If you want MORE horror, check out Jennifer Lawrence in Mother!'

more
Kek

Absolutely none my autistic friend, it's anecdotal. My showing of 6 people lost 2, and i've read similar across social media. The same can't be said for very many megaplex films.

Yup pretty much. Casting Jlaw in this was the worst thing to happen to this film.

JUST FUCK MY MOTHER UP

wait, this sound very wrong

Okay. Please, someone, spoil me this. What happens?

How does it end?

Even if I were to believe this bullshit, it still has Jennifer Lawrence in it. Who thinks nature would punish people because Americans elected Trump.

The only reason JLaw is in it is because she's banging the director
>ftfy

>an edgy contrarian.
>for unironically enjoying something
this is sad man

Who cares, Cletus? There's another board for that shit.

j-law's baby gets killed and eaten at the end of the movie

Having your shit taste is even more sad.

probably something similar to antichrist i guess?

but im happy that based Darren Aronofsky got to make the movie he wanted, if this was some art house without that cunt JL nobody would give a single fuck

Jlaw is literally mothernature

What the fuck is this movie even about? I just read the plot of it on Wikipedia and it reads like a fucking coke-induced liberal arts bullshit project made up in a night.

Jlaw's baby gets eaten. The movie is self-fellating 2deep4u piece of trash.

From the sounds of things it's about whatever you want it to be about, which means that at it's core it's about nothing.

Looks like nobody is putting up with JLAW's shit after her tweet.

Noah's failure sure fucked him up.

The fact that she loved any of it at all shows what a cunt she is. The entire thing was terrible, beginning to end.

what the fuck is a cume

like koom?

>Check Cinema listings
>It's already relegated to the little microstudios in Leicester Square (46 seaters)
>They're all virtually empty tomorrow
Wow, hope this movie was cheap

>JLaw gives birth
>Javier (her husband) waits for her to fall asleep then snatches her baby, gives it to a crowd of fanatics who have accumulated in her house.
>The baby goes crowdsurfing pissing everywhere then one person accidentally breaks its neck, they then proceed to rip the baby apart and eat it whilst crying.
>JLaw then gets angry and the crowd start beating the shit out of her calling her a cunt etc
>She then aluh akhbars the house using oil which causes kills everybody but Javier and herself but she is burnt to shit in the process
>Javier then rips her heart out (which looks like a crystal) and creates a new wife for himself
>Movie ends

There is a whole load more insane shit that happens before this but i presume this is what is triggering most people

>jlaw - mother nature
>javier - god
>everyone else - humanity

So it's Seinfeld?

>WOW MAN, DEEP

But with baby-eating

>baby that gets killed -jesus

you pay with cum instead of money

The Rex review in the Observer is fantastic. Worth every word.

>This delusional freak show is two hours of pretentious twaddle that tackles religion, paranoia, lust, rebellion, and a thirst for blood in a circus of grotesque debauchery to prove that being a woman requires emotional sacrifice and physical agony at the cost of everything else in life, including life itself. That may or may not be what Aronofsky had in mind, but it comes as close to a logical interpretation as any of the other lunk-headed ideas I’ve read or heard. The reviews, in which a group of equally pretentious critics frustratingly search for a deeper meaning, are even nuttier than the film itself. Using descriptions like “hermeneutic structure,” “phantasmagoric fantasia,” “cinematic Rorsach test” and “extended scream of existential rage,” they sure know how to leave you laughing.

>bvs is totally good, just buy it on bluray to watch the extended cut

this is the power of feminism

>cinemascore

>pretentious 2deep4u director dude biblical references lmao crap with JShit in the lead
This movie was set to fail from the start

$30M production budget, it's not going to break even

It can become a hit in China

But at least it's not some sort of crippling loss for the studio. It's a lot for an art film though - I'm kind of surprised they were willing to spend this much.

The Chinese definitely prefer trash, so that's pretty unlikely.

Is this just a repeat of It Comes at Night? Interesting if imperfect film that revolts the marvel-loving public by hurting their brainzzz ?

Noah is his highest grossing film and got positive reviews from critics. Normies and some christfags hated it, it was great.

>Movie almost has the same Budget as IT
>IT on its second Friday made almost 3 times as much as Mother will make in its entire first weekend
Kek

It Comes At Night was more just mis-advertised.

god damn

1:55 in "This movie is fucking crazy man, and I can't tell if that's a good or a bad thing that it got this reaction out of me"
That sentence sums up how plebeian the average moviegoer is. If you can't name a single film by Fellini or Truffaut, you should not be permitted to enter a theatre

It gives Paramount a lot of free buzz, plus it will be nominated for Oscars. They'll at least break even after home release

Based It taking down this crap movie.

>plebs disliking aronofsky

sounds like it's gonna be a good one. Can't wait for bluray release

>If you can't name a single film by Fellini or Truffaut, you should not be permitted to enter a theatre

Wow. The only pre-requisite to enter a theater is if you have enough money to buy a ticket

So I checked out of curiosity - in London you'll get more of an art house crowd at the Curzon, but... looks like they're not biting there either.

>£15 to watch a movie once
Fuck outta here m8

Because everyone should be forced to sit through the horrible shit that is Last Metro.

At least 2 cripples are in attendance.

Apparently this was an actual audience review on RT

>"It mistakes having religious references for being a good movie," wrote another viewer. "I get it, we're gonna die, God is our one true salvation, blah, blah, blah. Its so heavy handed and blunt about the message that it makes you feel like an idiot."

Welcome to London| The Odeon in Leicester Square is around £20. The only plus is that you don't get many mouthbreathers at that price.

plenty of critics love it

>pretension is also about ambition
>look how ambitious i am sniffing my own farts

youtube.com/watch?v=lxHna3gReBw&t=134

Aronofsky the type of nigga would have shot the orgy scene

Sounds kinda interesting, too bad JLaw is in it so I will never watch it

>metacritic
Literally garbage

if a movie manages to get an emotion that isn't pure disgust (unless disgust is the intention) it's a better movie than any of the brainless money grabbing films out there

i kinda want to see it now

>a savage attack on the the rotten patriarchies that govern the worlds of art, industry and religion alike, with Lawrence embodying the wise but perpetually ignored voice of the divine feminine

ahem...
nationalreview.com/article/451398/mother-brads-status-explore-inner-demons-insecurities

I hate JLaw so much. I despise her acting and I hate her as a person. This makes me very happy. Her career is in rapid declince

wat