Who is the best Russian character in cape comics and why is Red Star?

Who is the best Russian character in cape comics and why is Red Star?

Wrong.

Some superior characters, Rocket Red, there's Colossus and Magik, there's KGBeast and NKVDemon, that lady who turns into a bear, Baba Yaga kinda, that big fuck from Punisher....

Kris Kalenov

>le communism man
>doesn't squats or drinks kompot
>is not Adidas themed

0/10 literally Amerikanski spy.

>Some superior characters, Rocket Red
Isn't Rocket Red a brigade?

Kapitalist turncoat. Disqualified.

Also she is a bimbo

They are but only Rocket Red 7 is relevant.
You're just jealous because your Russian didn't have hashtag and flash mob.

>hashtag and flash mob.

When?

Idk. Last year?

For Black Widow?

Yes, but she don't sell toys.

Colossus and Red Star can sell toys for boys.

Yeah. It was
>show Marvel that you, yes YOU, want Black Widow solo movie!
It failed utterly.

Would a Black Widow and Hawkeye movie work?

Lemme post some Russians I know.
Spycraft shenanigans? Probably.

Is them being brothers retcon or it was like that from day one?

Kraven is too masculine for the nu male generation.

Mandatory Winter Guard mention.
Russian team in Marvel is famous for fuckload of people wearing one title.
True. I like him, though. Probably because his origin is pulpy as fuck. Greatest hunter alive drinks magic potion to be able to punch dinosaurs?

I feel like with all the shenanigans the Kravinoff family have been up to, Chameleon must have been retconned because he never shows up.

Delinquent Duo, NKVDemon and KGBeast. They appeared in Aquaman and the Others, as anarchist mercs. Team was led by Cheshire, iirc. KGBeast is Beast now, obsessed with 666. Thanks, Snyder.
Or he knows what Kraven and Anna did to his nephews so he avoids them.

I dunno, during Grim Hunt he was part of the group that the Kravinoffs hired to fuck with Spidey during Kraven's resurrection.
Pretty sure he's the one that actually points out that rezzing Kraven may have been a stupid idea, considering that the guy killed himself.

Pic of said team, Mayhem. Three people we know, others are OC. And mask is from cloned cosmonaut who's member of the Others.
He wanted to bail moment Kraven went nuts, right?

Yeah. If he was related, you think they would've mentioned it though.

First human female GL, title Jessica stole.
We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

We all know Yelena Belova. Even if it's Natasha in this pic.

Never heard of her.

She was someone Kyle recruited way back in the late 90s during a forgotten arc about rebuilding the Corps, I think.

Baby's first Elseworlds. I like it a lot, though.
According to Wikia, she appeared two times.
Yep!

My favorite.

Guess they're Russians, too?

i came here to post this.

Funny thing, he's the last Whiplash and first Russian. Literally synergy.

There is a lot of Russians in the Marvel universe, why is that?

We all know them, no need to say anything.
>Cap is patriot
>Iron Man fought commies
Probably because of that. I can't remember any Russian enemy of Cap, though.

Cold War era man. Literally all of Iron Man's villains are communists. They still lean on them pretty hard, whenever they need an "ancient, forgotten black ops project" they use Russia.

I liked Liberators. Mainly because of Darth Ahmed.

>get speed powers
>defect and become fastest courier service in the world

Man, poor Perun.
They really fucked him over in pretty much every appearance. Like, he literally gets to do nothing in Ultimates 2, he becomes a good guy in Ultimate Avengers, it sets him up to be a hero, then he just gets fucked.
Kinda sad.

My biggest disappointment of the Iron Man movies is never seeing Titanium Man and Crinsom Dynamo

Yeah, with the success of Winter Soldier I'm sure some cold war paranoia villains would've been used, if they had still been making Iron Man movies by then.

God of metal vs God of loo.
It goes as well as you expect.
And later Thor's clone starts looking like Perun.

Man, I loved Ragnarok's transformation in Parker's Dark Avengers.

You people.

No idea who Kovar is, but it's Lundgren so I'll post it anyway.
>tfw you play Russian big guys forever

Lundgren is Red Star in Arrow!?!?!

Amell is soooo dead.

The least developed al Ghul family member. No idea is she in New 52 at all.

>Literally all of Iron Man's villains are communists.

That is not even remotely true. It wasn't even true in 1963.

I'll admit, I was exaggerating.

There are no single good russian hero in current comic universes. They're all C-listers at best.

F F F F F F F
Huh, he's Red Star. Go figure. I had no idea what's his name, only codename. That's what I get for not touching Teen Titans comic in my life.
Dunno is it set in past or present, though.

Anton Vanko was the original Crimson Dynamo. "Whiplash" was the Crimson Dynamo in every way but the name - and the pasted-on whiplash weapons. If only they had him look at his finished armor, and then grin and grab a spray paint can. "Nice paint job, no? Hot rod red. Doesn't show blood."

And the Iron Monger was an amalgam of all Iron Man's big armored opponents, although there was more of Firepower in there than Titanium Man.

Oh, but a real Titanium Man could be fun...
"A Commie? I didn't know they still made your kind."
"As long as your kind exists, Stark."

I'm being cheeky now.

Yeah, pretty much. Most A-Listers, when you get down to it, are either Americans or aliens that live in American. That's just kind of how it is. I mean, most of the Russian characters that aren't villains tend to stick to Russia.
I'd love a story about a square-jawed Russian hero working in New York City though.

This is... dunno. user mentioned she was spy or something.
Because nobody wants to read about some filthy foreigners. Excalibur in 2016 would sell like shit, no matter how many X-Men you put there.

I love the Nyssa actress in Arrow.

Oh, there is something behind you.

This would be the last from me, can't remember anyone else.
Yep. I liked her in Spartacus.

I wonder what his last name is, because 'Sytsevich' sounds a lot like a patronym.

People love Super-Man stories. But sales goes lower and lower desu.

It still kinda bothers me that they brought back Omega Red as a younger clone, essentially, and he mostly fell into limbo once those X-Force stories were finished. I'm not a huge fan of Omega Red, it's just the cheapness of that approach which gets me.

Exactly. That's why foreigners won't sell. Look at New Super-Man. Pity we can't clone Morrison and Johns, they can sell everything.
It could be worse. Just to kill off Omega Black and everything will be status quo.

I'll always remember reading Infinite Crisis with basically 0 context around anything that wasn't Superman or batman, and this fucking guy had one of the coolest moments in it

>GL
Never recruited by the Corps though. Just by Kyle in another one of his failures.
>Magik
>Russian
Hardly. Colossus is one of the best tho.

Fuck yeah Mrs. Gradenko

Glorious 5 year plan ongoing when?

Who?