Batman v Superman is the Thinking man's superhero flick

Batman v Superman is the Thinking man's superhero flick

The scene where Bruce is handing him down to Diana gets me every time. I can't explain it.

Fuck off, it was shit.

Agreed. Let me tell you why.

For starters, its use of the leitmotif of perception versus reality plays into literally everything happening, up to and including the revelation at the end that Clark was looking at the world through a filter of his own, doing what we all do - focusing on the polarized extremes and missing the whole truth.

For another, it takes the three principles of the film, and uses them to craft an allegorical tale stressing the importance of communication across cultural divides and the perils of succumbing to xenophobia, paranoia, and a biased media.

Lastly, it uses the characters of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman to represent different eras of myth in both pop culture and antiquity.

In essence, this film takes what Miller did with DKR, swaps the roles around a bit, and ties them more firmly to the modern geopolitical climate, all while doing honor to the history of comics as a medium in general, and the history of the DC characters in particular.

It's as if it was made by a thirteen year old edgy pretentious pseudo-intellectual try hard.

There are no "Thinking man" superhero flicks. They're all just popcorn blockbusters

>t. brainlet

No it didn't you faggots.

Stop sucking down Snyder's cock like it's the air you mouthbreathe.

The plot is shit
The dialogue is shit
The cinematography is shit
The score is shit
The film is shit

I find it hilarious that so many critics are tripping all over themselves to defend "Mother" for precisely the same reasons that they blasted BvS. What's worse is that BvS is actually a lot more subtle with the allegory it sets up.

>detailed and insightful post vs "it's shit it's shit it's shit"
It's clear which one of you has seen the movie, and it isn't you.

Can't stand this pretentious pseudo critic

It's because it's a comic book movie. For whatever reason, critics simply cannot comprehend the idea that a COMIC BOOK MOVIE can possibly have the same amount of depth as an "actual film." Generalizing to a fault.

Side note, how fucking bad has a film got to be to get an F CinemaScore? Most of the shit the critics roast tends to be a B at worst.

>MARTHA MARTHA MARTHA!!

>BvS has a 27% RT
>forgettable uninspired marvel garbage has a 90%

but yeah these reviews are totally not rigged go- er, guys.

>le stuckmann said martha was dumb so i'll just regurgitate his opinions
EPIC!

I think of it as (pseudo)intellectual snobbery.

Every sane person thinks it's stupid you brainlet.

>muh lance of longinus reference
fuck these shit symbolic images for 12 year olds.

You seem to be confusing pointless verbosity with detail, and bullshit with genuine analysis. These are two of the many reasons you have such poor taste.

I hope Mad Hatter and Black Mask make a appearence in the DCEU. I would be so happy if they do.

Episode 8 is way better than this year 2 trash

I'd love a good Black Mask plot.

>Rotten: 1

Who? Which motherfucker did this?

jesus christ

Isn't it funny? Idiots like Stuckmann are tools nothing more.

>"IT'S SHIT! IT'S SHIT! IT'S SHIT!"
>genuine analysis
LOL

Your opinion is shit. How's that for concise?

Batman v Superman is Snyder's attempt to heal America.

By portraying a fairly believable America, Snyder puts two American ideals against each other that has in America been brewing for decades now. Clark, preaching for hope and optimism (ironic of course given his immigrant status - America founded by immigrants) and Bruce preaching for safety and control. Both are in fact pawns of the elite (Lex) who by manipulating politicians and media pits two American heroes against each other.

The media is an ever present force in BvS. Just like our life, the media bombardment of information is constant background noise in BvS, ever present. "The oldest lie in America, that power can be innocent" as the pretense of democracy continues by a hearing orchestrated by the elite. Lex also embodies the same sense of cultural elitism and surface-level philantrophism found amongst militant atheists. Think you're good by making people believe you're good.

America is headed the same way, with intense media brainwashing on both sides pitting Americans against each other. "When the Planet was founded it stood for something, Perry". Next scene John Stewart mocks Superman for being so blunt of a character. How can anyone in this day and age be so shameless about his intents? We live in the age of post-honesty. Cover yourself up, Superman! This isn't 1938 and nobody cares about The American Way. Bruce reluctantly walks down a path of vengeance as his world has made him believe conflict with the other hero is inevitable and also righteous. Neither Superman or Batman are masters of their fates in this America. They eventually clash face to face and come to an understanding by sharing their basic human traits. Having shared that experience, both opposites can finally embark together and destroy the forces that have divided them for so long. Snyder's wake up call to the audience. Open your eyes. Your fellow Americans are not your enemies.

>braintlet capeshit drone doesn't understand mother
Typical for neo/tv/

A P O L O G I Z E

>Both are in fact pawns of the elite (Lex) who by manipulating politicians and media pits two American heroes against each other.
corporate leader sewing false flags domestically and abroad no less

all for his own power

Haha you fucking niggers. I wasn't even referring to my own posts - that's how dumb you cocksucking autists are.

The movie's out, boys. Pretending it isn't shit won't magically stop it from being shit.

>J-JOKE'S ON YOU I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED

who goes into a superhero flick and expects anything more than flashy fantasy? Critics were right to pan bvs

That's just it. I do understand it. I understand both these films. It's the "critics" that only "get" one of them, and all because of a bias based solely on their own pretentiousness.

You don't even need to be a comics fan(but I am) to get the message in BvS; you just have to watch it without your brain in neutral.

this is unironically 100% correct

Just watched it yesterday. Just like Man of Steel, it was pretty entertaining until the final third. After Doomsday the quality dived straight into the bottom of Mariana Trench, and felt like a ridiculously overplayed Wonder Women trailer on steroids.

As far as characters, turning Superman into Captain Save-A-Hoe and overusing Adams' Lois were really annoying from the get go but (surprisingly!) Eisenberg nailed his role. It clearly fell short (even by capeshit standards), but still got way too much bashing.

I have never forsaken thee, my rightful king.

I just pretend everybody in BvS has severe brain problems and that's why nothing makes sense.
It doesn't improve the movie one bit but at least this explanation is coherent with the fact that a dude dressed as a bat can do more against crime than a whole police force.

This is bullshit. Some of us remember when CBMs were more than just MCU garbage. Watchmen and TDK were both less than a decade ago.

Critics should apologize for BvS. Or atleast admit the paid Disney "gift bags".

>I do understand it
t. child of post fincher

The formulaic pigeon-holing of films into genres is a big part of what's wrong with Hollywood. Don't dismiss art when you were only expecting some bread and a circus.

I'm sorry you literally couldn't follow the conversation, you fucking cretin.

You're confusing some other user (or probably you) wanking himself off with genuine analysis. That all I said. Why the fuck do you think I'd bother analysing it when I could just point out you have shit taste?

Learn to read and then kill yourself you fucking sperglord.

Fucking spot-on.

>always devolves into pointless name calling instead of focused discussion

justice league is going to be fun

Good, now A P O L O G I Z E to my friend George as well

There's nothing to discuss about two hours of lukewarm cum.

Epic post, but you're still retarded.

>Some of us remember when CBMs were more than just MCU garbage.
no they were always garbage, some of us just grew up and accepted it like adults, despite all marvels faults it atleast recognises the content for what it is and who its catering to

capeshit is just wish fulfilment for neckbeards. Nothing more, nothing less. Stop trying to make it out to be high art

Don't be mad bro. You guys love 'analysis' and 'focused discussion' - why am I retarded, faggot?

George is fundamentally different than Snyder, in my opinion. He's also got vision, but it's one that is better when restrained by committee. He's a brilliant world-builder and idea guy, but decades of reading his own headlines left him appallingly out of touch with the creative vision that made the OT great.

I'd have been happier with him selling Star Wars to the first fan he ran across on the street for a dollar than handing it over to Disney.

i just want you guys to go away desu

Because you aren't analyzing anything you dumb cunt.

>t. guy who has never read a comic book.

In hindsight, sure

The harder you shitpost the more we will stay.

Well said user, couldn't agree more. But I still need you to A P O L O G I Z E

source?

>t. Redditor projecting

faggot, this is a film discussion board and yes I've never read a comic so what?

>religious oil painting next to a still from a movie

enough of this meme

My head

Nice contrarianposting there bud

>I know nothing about anything so I'll just continue spew my garbage in the hopes of paintibg the MCU as the default necessary state of capeshit
Leave mouse fuck. You have already been exposed.

I'm sorry, George.

That's what I said, you fucking nigger.

I didn't analyse anything. I didn't say I did. Are you so fucking dense you can't follow a simple conversation?

Please kill yourself, unless you have had any children. Kill them first.

>tfw the DC-Chadposters have successfully triggered both Redditors and contrarians in this board alike

Well done, well done.

>capitalizing the r
>capitalizing in meme arrow test
Every time the outsider leaks himself with his mannerism and style of posting

Im not the contrarian here DCuck

i saw bvs, that gives me enough ammunition to levy criticism at it

Hurr durr, i aint even mad

>implying this idiot deserves any respect
once a jew*, always a jew
*non-jews may aslo apply

>projecting again while using Reddit spacing

Wew lad

If a movie doesn't deliver on an inventive and memorable aesthetic or provide any sort of emotional investment, it's a failure.

Snyder's heightened emotion and hyperstylized aesthetic please me.

Wew lad

itt:fat retards praising a pretentious manlet retard

>Batman fighting Antifa

Fucking beautiful.

how do you know what reddit spacing looks like?

I hope his daughter never comes back to life

No, you dumb cunt.

this is worst meme than baneposting

The images on the right are so fucking dark I can't even tell what's going on.

Bump

Agreed completely.

How come BvS haters can't come up any specific criticisms?

Making generic points that aren't explain further is the sign of a simpleton because someone who knows his shit would be able to be a lot more specific

Indeed. But it's not specific to BvS. They do this all the time on Sup Forums.

Say what you will about Sup Forums, but they at least know how to have a conversation.

Whats the point when all you get for a response is memes

This is why discourse has gone to shit. Nobody wants to put any effort into a post. Any remotely long post just gets "autism."

>"Indeed."
>Reddit spacing.
>"Say what you will about Sup Forums, but they at least know how to have a conversation."
>Unnecessary period after Indeed
>"Sup Forums"
>singles
>19:50:49
>"conversation"

This post is pretty well explained why don't you make a specific argument against that one?

Against my better judgement

>The movie drags through its first hour as it carefully tries to set up the individual conflicts, and yet the only character it seems to actually develop is Bruce Wayne.

>incoherently structured, seemingly uninterested in telling a story with clarity and purpose.

>The endgame is your typical WrestleMania nonsense, bereft of weight or grandeur, set in a generic rubblescape that’s emblematic of the script’s lack of human stakes.

>dream sequences that make no sense

>doomsday (lex has kinda grown on me)

>The film may very much be about the idea of Superman, but there is little-to-nothing regarding who this specific Superman is as a human and/or a god from another world. He’s too busy whining about Batman, and Batman is too busy whining about him.

just did cuck

Ay

Pretending "BvS" is even remotely comparable to "mother!"

Seriously there is nothing introspective about BvS. No matter how many metaphorical gymnastics you try to jump.

"mother!" Is a film about religion, climate change, time, etc. It's done all I metaphor in allegory.

Batman V. Superman is about 3 men in tights fighting over each other's own interpretation of "good" and misfires.

One will be film studied, looked over endlessly interpreted and will gain commentary from more than just neck breathers in their basement.

The other will be remembered in the same vein as "Batman and Robin"

Seriously I hated "mother!" And enjoy parts of "BvS" but one is a statement. The other is capeshit.

Get over it

These are just opinions though that you didn't give any further explanation on.

>incoherently structured, seemingly uninterested in telling a story with clarity and purpose.
This is false. It tells the exact story and narrative it intends to with perfect clarity

>>The endgame is your typical WrestleMania nonsense, bereft of weight or grandeur, set in a generic rubblescape that’s emblematic of the script’s lack of human stakes.
The fight between Batman and Superman is quite good, but yes the Doomsday fight while still not bad gets bloated and unnecessary

>dream sequences that make no sense
They depict the fears manifesting in Bruce after he sees his suspicions vindicated by the media and the evidence fed to him by Lex

>doomsday
Still not bad, but not the best part of the movie

>The film may very much be about the idea of Superman, but there is little-to-nothing regarding who this specific Superman is as a human and/or a god from another world. He’s too busy whining about Batman, and Batman is too busy whining about him.
Do you willfully ignore or misconstrue the scenes where Clark literally addresses other characters on his conflict with remaining a hero and an ideal in the face of horror and media slant and setup

>It tells the exact story and narrative it intends to with perfect clarity
Help me here, what story was it trying to tell?

>They depict the fears manifesting in Bruce
fine, they could have been handled better though

>Still not bad
doomsday was terrible and superfluous to the movie. I thought lex was bad in the beginning but he was genuinely the only saving grace of the movie, i can admit that you should be able to admit doomsday was a terribly rushed and unneeded aspect in the movie

>addresses other characters on his conflict with remaining a hero
Literally who? theres barely any superman scenes and he rarely speaks in the entire movie

The story of Batman and Superman coming to conflict based on Superman's impact on the world and how it instilled fears and insecurity into Bruce and Lex and half the planet. Then them coming together to fight a greater evil and for Bruce to come out of his cynic pit

>doomsday was terrible and superfluous to the movie. I thought lex was bad in the beginning but he was genuinely the only saving grace of the movie, i can admit that you should be able to admit doomsday was a terribly rushed and unneeded aspect in the movie
The most superfluous character to the movie was Wonderwoman. At least Doomsday was executed in a neat way far better than his comic origin and paralleled the opening of Man of Steel to set forth events for the Justice League, and the next big event for mankind

>Literally who? theres barely any superman scenes and he rarely speaks in the entire movie
He spends a good deal of his screentime talking to Lois and his father's ghost, and even in his brief dialogue at the courtroom. If you didn't watch the ultimate cut I'd really recommend it.

>tfw someone asks for genuine criticism and all haters can supply is memes to back their shill opinion