Is Green Goblin the most iconic and influential villain in all comics?

Is Green Goblin the most iconic and influential villain in all comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/87616988
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, most people don't know there's been more than 2.

t.batfag

Here's your (You), but

>Joker
>Lex Luthor
>Dr Doom
>Loki
>Magneto

and more

Sadly, I think that title belongs to le ebin crazy clown guy

in ALL comics? fuck no. hes not even Spidermans most iconic villain.

Joker definitely beats him out, that's not even an argument. I would argue several other Batman villains, like Two-Face, beat him out as well. I would even say Venom is more iconic than Green Goblin as a Spider-Man villain.

I want Sup Forums to leave

He's certainly one of the most successful.

Killed the heroes girlfriend and she stayed dead.
Until Slott's bullshit at least

What part of that was Sup Forums? The Venom thing? If you think Spider-Man 3 made Venom iconic you're in for a surprise bro

No.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/87616988

How was that any Sup Forums user was pretty damn spot on, if anything comes first for plebs it's going to be god damn venom.

>thinking plebs matter at all
I want Sup Forums to go

Are you retarded or something?

The only thing the average person knows about Green Goblin is from the Raimi film.

What the fuck do think "iconic" means? "Only known to people who have been reading comics for years"?

No, you're thinking of Stan Lee.

This.
I thought it was obvious. Joker is the most overexposed charafter in comics.

You clearly don't know what "iconic" means.

>Iconic: Widely recognized and well-established

Iconic? No. Influential? Possibly, but only if we'really talking about villain's being influential to their respective heroes.

While I don't think he's one of the most iconic villains in comics, the one thing that makes Green Goblin stand out the most is this:

He's scarier outside of the suit.

Green Goblin is just Norman Osbourne blowing off steam. It's his weak spot. You can beat a green-faced lunatic on a glider throwing pumpkin bombs at you, but think about how hopeless you are against a billionaire running a company whose profits rival Stark International and Roxxon.

Hell, Dark Reign only fell apart because the Goblin got out. Villains and heroes alike were stunned at how long he lasted in charge of SHIELD. If he could've gotten it in check, the Avengers would've been replaced permanently, HAMMER would rule the world, and Asgard would be a smoking crater in the Midwest.

It's actually worse if you get rid of the post-TDK bump

>iconic
how could you possibly think that when the joker exists
>influential
no thats probably joker again although the field is a little more open (goblin is still not in the running though)

>influential

I'd say that either goes to Joker for cementing the "arch enemy is complete opposite of hero" trope, or Lex for the whole evil scientist thing.

Not by a longshot.

It's been pretty hilarious watching spiderfags develop a massive inferiority complex over the past decade as the property gets repeatedly mismanaged.

How long before they become the new X-fags?

What are some good green goblin stories

Outside of comics, in the general world of pop culture, it sadly is the Joker, followed by Lex Luthor. If we're talking lasting strictly within the comics medium, I don't know, Joker certainly is the most exposed but I think Goblin certainly stands above any other Marvel villains simply because of him being Pete's good friend's dad. It's presumed knowledge these days, and even at the time it was revealed it was obvious to the readers, but the twist gives the villain a much more intimate connection to the hero, that Luthor and Superman or Batman and Joker, do not have.

I always think it's funny when Spiderfags talk about what an amazing rouges gallery Spiderman has.

Like, fucking who? Scorpion? Rhino? Hoverboard Joker?

I'd vote for Stormin Norman. Also I really like your interpretation of the goblin.

.... also Kraven, Mysterio, Lizard, Kingpin, Octopus, Hobgoblin, Shocker, Boomerang, ...
They're a pretty diverse cast of well developed characters.

In terms of influence and history in the genre, I think Fu Manchu wins this particular prize.

Are you the same one who called Kingpin a literally who?

>doesn't read comics
>wonders why he doesn't know any of the characters from it

why are spiderfags always so anally anguished?

>is Joker/Lex Luthor the most iconic anything?

No. He's literally a mashup of two bat villains. Fucking Doc Ock, Doom or Magneto if we're staying Marvel, but lex and the joker are way more iconic. GG isn't even his own thing. He's pretty weak.

Fuck, VENOM is more iconic than GG.

Because they all wish it was still the 70s and 80s when ASM was king, or the early 00s when it was USM. Now They're getting cucked out of their own top Marvel spot by fucking Iron Man who has a rogue's gallery comprised entirely of literally whos.

I have no idea what conveyed anguish in my post. You're not too good at this baiting thing.

Among comic book fans, probably yes.

If you have to count in people who don't know shit about comics, but are there only for the popular vote, then it's the Joker.

lolno

>Among comic book fans, probably yes.

Just probably not honestly. I'd be willing to give Goblin the title for most iconic among Spider-Man comic fans, but even then I think it could be debated.

>Among comic book fans, probably yes.
top kek

For comic book fans overall Joker is still most iconic. Don't forget that Sup Forums is not representative of most comic book fans and as a community it's a strained sample size because just like all of Sup Forums we're contrarians to certain degree.

Among comic book fans, I would think Joker and Doom for sure rank above the Goblin, and that's not even getting into the debatables.

Doctor Octopus, Hobgoblin, Electro, Venom , Smythe, Lizard, Jackal are all pretty damn good rogues.

For Marvel in general, Doom, Magneto are the most famous villains. I'd say after them it's a tie between Red Skull, Osborn and Loki.