"Everything comes to he waits. And i waited so very long for this moment."

"Everything comes to he waits. And i waited so very long for this moment."

(Spoilers from the awesomely epic He-Man/Thundercats #2). He DID IT! Skeletor after 30 years, finally is Master of the Universe!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jbwtpLFQma8&t=29s
youtube.com/watch?v=G9J9DSV4n1g
youtube.com/watch?v=LaKUMZB5Wac
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Patience is virtue.

Indeed. Langellator would be really proud!

youtube.com/watch?v=jbwtpLFQma8&t=29s

>he man shouts "by the power of grayskull"
>mfw I thought he-man stole his powers from skeletor's home and is the reason skeletor is so mad at him"

With Mumm-Ra's "contribution" of course.

Long Live Skeletor!

The next issue is going to be Metal as fuck!

This has been the best crossover I've read in a while, ten year old me is grinning ear to ear.

The only thing crazier that can happen at this point is if the ancient spirits of evil give He man their powers since skeletor is betraying them

Knowing how crazily awesome He-Man: The Eternity War turned to be, and since this is the same writing team, everything is possible.

Ready for a drink, Mumm-Ra?

When you've tried everything else to destroy your enemy, why not resort to stealing his sword and drinking another villain?

Only thing that's going to suck about this is the Thunderwank.

Did any other version of Skeletor ever know that all he had to do was steal the sword? Because that seems like it would be a lot easier than breaking into the mystic fortress out in the jungle.

Heh, heh...

The Sword of Power can be wielded only by Grayskull's champion. Only him can call upon its power without being killed instantly as Skeletor revealed in the current issue of He-Man/Thundercats. But if Skeletor could be immortal than he would be untouched by Grayskull's plan, when he would call its power. For this reason make the deal with the Evil Spirits of Evil, so he used Mumm-Ra to steal the Sword and then Skelly used him again for gain his "Ever Living" i.e. immortal powers.

In the Eternity War, Skeletor he transfused He-Man's blood, that gave him access to Castle Grayskull's Forge, from where the Sword of Power came from, and he fused his Havoc Staff and Hordak's Dark Blade with himself, which granted him god-like powers.

I don't think any series has ever done a decent job of explaning what the hell was going on with Greyskull or why it had super mystical power.

The 02 series explanation only changed my questions over to
>Okay, where the hell did Lord Grayskull's power come from that it made the elders into super wizards?

Skeletor was never able to use the Power Sword. But in other versions, he found other ways to channel Grayskull's power.

It was explained in the Eternity War comic book series.

And they also explained why if Eternia would fall, the (MOTU) Universe will be condamned.

In a group that includes a guy who glued feathers to his arms, a guy who neck stretches about a foot, a guy who wears a big shiny glove, and a guy who wears an elephant helmet that squirts water, that should not be real hard to become a Master.

Where's the best place to start with the He-man books? I'm fairly new

Yea He-Man and Buzz Off were basically the only relevant members of the team.

Skeletor at least had guys lie Beast Man with Aquaman levels of psychic control over animals and Evil Lynn who I still have doubts is less powerful than Skeletor in magic.

I was recommended too start with the connections starting about 3 years ago. Four masters of the universe, the DC universe vs He-Man, and the two Eternity War volumes

Cheers bro!

It's not exactly like this:

- There is Mossman who is basically a nature god, compatible to Swamp Thing
- There is Sy-Clone who can generate tornados, powerful enough to destroy entire armies.
- There is Zodac a cosmic warrior of incredible power.
- There is Mant At Arms the MOTU version of Batman.
- There is Roboto, MOTU's War Machine
- There are powerful mages like the Sorceress, her daughter and successor Teela, and Orko.
- Extremely strong guys like Fisto and Ram-Man.
- Cyborg warriors like Men-E-Faces and Extendar.
The Masters have their share of powerhouses.

Man he was great but I can't stop staring at the shitty nose makeup.

Yes, this was the reason, that when He-Man and Superman team up in the DC vs MOTU crossover for fight against a myriad of Trollan demons, when He-Man pass the Sword of Power to Supes he told him to not call upon Grayskull's power, otherwise he would be killed.

bump

Someone storytime one of these.

A fun fact:

Before the 80's Filmation cartoon, in the mini comics painted by Alfredo Alcala, it was Skeletor that controlled the Power Sword (at least the one half of it). He-Man was in possess of the other half, but it was not his primary weapon, which was an axe. Basically who was able to have and unite the two halves of the Power Sword, would be able to have access at Castle Grayskull and its powers.

Do you mean the He-Man/Thundercats crossover?

It has only 2 issues pubblished so far.

hey this is the artist RedLetterMedia is friends with

Any past series will do

And original He-Man was just some barbarian who was powered up by a goddess to fight some other dimensional litch he came across in a jungle.

which canon states Teela is the Sorceress' daughter?

Teela originally in the mini comics was the "cloned" daughter of the Sorceress by Skeletor. It was Filmation that established her as the Sorceress's biological daughter and of an unknown soldier. In the 200X cartoon the Sorceress hinted that Man At Arms was indeed Teela's biological father and just the adopted one, something that became canon later in the DC comics.

Ok i will storytime the first 2 issues of the He-Man/Thundercats crossover, since it's related to the thread.

The original toys of He-Man and Skeleton had half-swords that could be joined together. Dunno if later toys abandoned that but the very first released did.

And that's it for now.

Next issue December 21, 2016.

the toys for the show back in 2000 had the same thing with a sword of light/sword of darkness combo

Adam master himself in the privacy of his room

The Classic action figures which are the only current MOTU line that survived, had both Skeletor and He-Man coming with the dark and light half of the Power Sword. It was also aa plot in their bios, in which Adam somehow reunited the two halves, but it was never explored anywhere else. When the new MOTU comics by DC started, there was a cover that hinted that may deal with this storyline, but it didn't happen, and this cover was just a teaser.

Fucking rad.
Just...just fucking rad

With a little help from Teela.

>comparable to Swamp Thing
Not sure you appreciate the extent of that. Swamp Think has all kinds of hax. He beats Superman and Batman. He can control bodies and minds, and travel through space and time. He is spinach itself. If Mossman were really the same powerlevel, he would rule over all.

Moss-Man was the oldest living thing on Eternia and was indeed directly linked to their version of the Green. At least from what I remember. who knows with all the multiple continuities.

Mossman is a god for the Eternians. He is ancient as the creation itself. He is the protector of Eternia's plant life. But can't say if he is the same or more powerful from the Swamp Thing. My reference was in terms of their similar powerset. In the DC vs MOTU crossover Mossman and Swamp Thing met, but they didn't fight. Actually Swamp Thing assisted Mossman against one of the Lanterns.

Didn't Blackstar recycle this the split sword thing?

More or less. Perhaps for this reason the two halves storyline was abbandoned.

Zodak is constantly stated to be stupidly powerful and greater than He-Man or Skeletor, but I've never seen a single feat. What can he do besides sit in a space chair and owns a pistol?

they just replaced it with the weird split dual sword thing Skeletor had in the 02 series instead. And one part melted really early on so he just used the havoc staff.

It was unrelated to He-Man's sword but it did sort of follow the design of the 80's sword.

Check out this video, and you will have an idea...

youtube.com/watch?v=G9J9DSV4n1g

Yes that's true.

And in the first mini comics at least for the two first waves, He-Man doesn't use the Power Sword at all. He has only the axe and shield. Only with the 3rd wave of mini comics, we will finally see Prince Adam using the Power Sword and transform to He-Man.

What am I supposed to be looking for here? Zodak gets slapped around by He-Man in a very one sided fight then slapped around by a large snake guy.

Ok then see the rest of the episode....

youtube.com/watch?v=LaKUMZB5Wac

How Zodak kicked King Hsss's ass who is one of the most powerful beings in the MOTU Universe. Start from the 5:06 and forward.