She spared me the sin of being a father

>she spared me the sin of being a father

what did he mean by this

because his worldview of being a pessimist (being against human consciousness) is a post-hoc rationalization of the fact that he loved his daughter very much and having lost her made him into an empty shell. in his worldview making more life is a great sin, but he only adapted to this view after his daughter died

This "adapting" was just a phase of denialism and a coping mechanism for accepting the fact that his daughter couldn't experience any form of life would it been good or bad. She had nothing.

Not even he knew what he was talking about half the time

Rust has some good lines but Marty is an underrated foil.

>Can you see Texas from up on your high horse?

He sees bringing life to this twisted earth as a sin.

Call me a faggot but I liked both seasons.

Season 2 is good, just far worse than 1

the whole "no strong female character" complaint about season 1 ruined season 2

Ani was better than faggot cop that had almost nothing to do with the story imo. What's the point of having him get suspended because that whore lied then having it completely forgotten about?

where were the strong male characters in S1? Everyone in that show was horribly damaged

Imagine the broken characters being replaced with "strong males", what would the show have after that?

He meant that he's just as nihilistic as Rick from Rick and Morty but because he's human he's more easily to relate to

In my opinion it's like there's just nothing you can do as a father and your kids are going to be massively fucked up by something that happens to them in life no matter what. And honestly it's even worse when it's a daughter and you lose her to fucked up shit. By Rust accidentally killing his daughter, neither of them had to go through that.

That's my point, i was agreeing with you. Begging for 'strong female characters' is so stupid for TD

I thought his wife accidentally killed her? It's been awhile since I watched it so my memory is fuzzy.

Anyone who gets the show and likes the show would never underrate Marty in any aspect.

I heard this was good but what is it about? Something about supernatural serial killings?

The dialogue doesn't make it 100% crystal clear but I always thought it was that Rust accidentally killed his daughter with his car.

>your kids are going to be massively fucked up by something that happens to them in life no matter what.

Kids can deal with outside sources of trouble, what fucks them up is when it happens to them from family, which I think is what he meant by his projection that she died before he could betray her. Nobody fucks us up like our parents can

Season 2 should have had more detective work and less characters. Frank was a mistake.

Yeah I think you have a good point.

Life is suffering and pointless, so to bring someone new into it is a sin. It's presumptuous and cruel according to him.