Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1503931066394/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

China

A serious underappreciation for a director with a singular vision
I mean, ummm... MARVEL MOVIE SUCK AAAA

You never grew up
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1503931066394/

Spider Man 3 and the ASM movies were utter shit so they needed Marvel to properly bring back Spider Man

DELETE THIS

action in modern capeshit movies has escalated to fantastical levels so fast they can't replicate it with stunt men/real sets any more so they just cgi everything.

and most audiences don't care because an image is an image. as long as they know what's going on they don't give a shit.

>What went wrong?

your brain.

homecoming is objectively, subjectively, undeniably and definitely better than prev films.

Marvel's generic as fuck colour grading

>inb4 someone posts that YouTube video essay deconstructing it

sure except Dr Strange & GoTG directly contradict it

richly detailed images with unique composition, lighting, appropriate color grading and black-white contrast take time to make. and marvel ain't got time since, at any given moment, they have a dozen of these movies in production.

>inhales

>What went wrong?

>Using a Spongebob meme

OP is a faggot, that's the problem.

Yes they fucking can. How is that DC's films look visually better yet they supposedly have a more "rushed" production?

>hey rather than just making a suit that looks fucking real lets waste thousands of dollars on some shitty CGI costume!

how does new spiderman stick to stuff?

i think that's underestimating the resources they put into these films. GotG for example does not look like they whipped it up in a rush.

Each film has multiple cgi/artistry departments that span many countries and they're all constantly working on each property.

London, Paris, Canada and China have made a cottage industry out of post production houses. It's a huge undertaking.

which kinda makes all the drab cinematography more shocking.

because Snyder's been at the helm for most of their films, and the visual side of filmmaking is where he's strongest

>my shit film looks better than your shit looking film -the thread

What happened is studios started paying actors 30+ mill each and as a result the budgets of films now are easily 200mill +

So studios would rather pay some CGI company 10k too do a scene than spend 100k renting and area and doing it practically

Van der Waals force

That top one doesn't even look like he's actually standing there. It looks like someone shopped him in from another picture with MS paint.

Isn't the top one actually a guy in a costume, though?

This. I would want Snyder as like my creative director, DP, or something. Then cut out all of the parts he wants to do in sped-up-slow-mo while giving someone else control of the script and direction.

>make comparison image of two different shows/movies/video games
>get a nice crisp clear quality shot of the one you favor
>get a low quality grainy over compressed shot of the one you dislike to make the disparity seem way worse than it actually is

Every time.

>and most audiences don't care because an image is an image. as long as they know what's going on they don't give a shit.
So it has come to this

Find a shot from Homecoming and a shot from Raimi-man where Homecoming looks better

One is a frame taken from a landing shot and the other is taken from a shot that's focused on the character for several seconds.

Goddamn. FPBP. As the center of demand for media shifts to Asia, our overlords now take their expectations and preferences into consideration over the domestic market. Also, the domestic fan base grew to such an extent that it's now "lazy" in a strange way and will gobble up whatever grool and viddles our overlords throw at them.

yeah ok lmao, good luck having van der waals force in an area as small as a finger tip while supporting the full weight of a man

The SJWism of Marvel comic books finally began leaking into their movie lines.

>grool and viddles
While I agree with your FPBP posting, this triggers my autism. Heartily.

You're right. I guess he can't really stick to surfaces by touching them at all. Probably because he's a fictional character.

you'd think 15 years later it would atleast look as good as the old one

at least make it believable. some kind of super glue or something van der waals forces are absolute shit when it comes to attractive forces