The Orville

Episode two comes tomorrow, and I, for one, cannot wait. Let's chat about the greatest Star Trek show since Voyager.

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/star-trek-discovery-reviews-embargo/
fhm.com/posts/seth-macfarlane-the-orville-exclusive-clip-142024
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's okay, I'll give it a chance, more technobable and more world building. Less cuck drama and more comfortable sets and I'd be okay.

Inb4 the reason she asked for him to Captain is because a time paradox needed him too.

Nice try, Seth

It will have none of that.

>Let's chat about the greatest Star Trek show since Voyager.
I personally think Archer is a pretty good Captain. T'Pol is pretty hot for a vulcan.

It's garbage. The 'comedy' is not funny and it ruins it. Also, all of the characters are the same, except Seth's character and his ex-wife. Everyone else is a 2010s Western person stuck on a space ship.

I'd even go so far as to say it's the greatest Star Trek show since Enterprise.

How do they make his eyes look so tiny? CGI?

The bridge looks like a 90s kitchen showroom. So just like Star Trek then

>Inb4 the reason she asked for him to Captain is because a time paradox needed him to
That would remove a major inconsistency with the show.

Why don't you just watch Star Trek?

Star Trek is for old people

lol looks like seth got down's

Seth mcfarlane isn't funny and Orville is objectively bad. Continue to enjoy eating shit out of a bowl OP

Isaacs, 54, said the new show will throw away the legacy of William Shatner and Patrick Stewart – and expects it to upset die hard Trekkies.

“I don't mean to sound irreverent when I say I don't care about the die-hard Trek fans,” he told us at an event in Los Angeles. “I only ‘don't care’ about them in the sense that I know they’re all going to watch anyway. I look forward to having the fun of them being outraged, so they can sit up all night and talk about it with each other.”

Isaacs says that the new “Star Trek” will be a reflection of our own world, which is something he has a hard time discussing with his own children right now.

“I don't know how to explain the anarchy and chaos," he said, citing America’s suddenly intolerant position on immigration as an example. “One of the things I can do as a storyteller is be part of stories that hold up a vision for the future where we just do better.”

I have never gone "where're the jokes?" harder than the Orville pilot.

Second episode better show some actual effort.

I love how he wears a rug and a girdle as a subtle homage to Shatner.

But CBS, this is an action-adventure SF series with light comedy elements, not Family Guy in space.

>light comedy elements
That sounds nice, when does it start?

>action adventure
Doesn't do that well
>light comedy
Doesn't do that well

Is there a single piece of PR for that show that doesn't make it look like a dumpster fire?

terrible show with poorly paced """""jokes""""", the only good characters are the racist android and the ginger pilot. oh, and bad guys are terrible shooters, how innovative.

The glue gun was hilarious.

I hated to time BS from STV and STE and I hope never to see it here outside the small could become a weapon device from last week

>CBS
>astroturfing
Doesn't do that well.

>firefly looked better
>firefly had better action
>firefly had better story
>firefly had better comedy
I think I'll instead just binge Firefly again while crying into a tub of ice cream

CRINGE

>racist android
He literally does nothing. He explains once that his planet and people are racist and then does nothing racist for the rest of the episode.

Single gender guy was better with his straight man act (although it's weird to explicitly claim he is a male, that classification makes no sense in a single gender species. They're either hermaphrodites or they reproduce asexually.)

>oh my god they used a glue gun that's so fucking hilarious HAHAHAHA
wat

>it's an user has never viewed a first episode of anything post

No, using a glue gun wasn't the funny bit, but you've betrayed that you did not get that joke. How many other jokes went soaring over your head at warp speed? We'll never know, but one thing we do know is that you've fallen for my keikaku. The only intent of that post was to trick you into admitting your ignorance. You have fallen for my trap.

you probably find I'm with stupid ====> shirts funny

You can't claim it's a good character if he hasn't done anything worthwhile yet. It's a pretty bad sign if they can't think of a single good line for him in the episode that is supposed to sell the show. No snide remark, no muttered insult, there were opportunities but it's like the writers were scared to take them like they have ration the few jokes they thought of across the whole season.

If you talking about STD I agree. Not showing it to critics
screenrant.com/star-trek-discovery-reviews-embargo/
Add that they are killing the story after the 1st season for anther one. The whole we planned it that way BS is just sad. That came after they removed the real fans and put in the SJW marking guys as head writers. I hope the second season with the wrath of khan writer goes better. I really want both shows to be good. Only, I not paying to see gay black 110lb SJW Mary Sue fight Pro-Trump (writers said this) Klingons. The Qrville is free and that makes not have to be great, just watchable.

It is a old sci-fi thing that a race/species is one sex due to the other sex is Mindless animal.

Holy shit. They're not showing Star Trek Discovery to critics? That seems like really bad news. Doesn't that usually mean the film or show is REALLY bad? Why wouldn't they show it to critics? Critics got to see the first few episodes of The Orville, even though they lambasted it afterwards. How bad, exactly, will this new Star Trek be? Sounds like it's going to be pretty bad!

Just leave already, why are you even on this site if you think that. Fix yourself

That's not a single sex race, they still have two sexes.

Star Trek Lite: Starring the world's biggest douche bag.

>T'Pol is pretty hot for a vulcan.
I heard that in H Jon Benjamin's voice.

yea instead they spend all the time doing a dumb banana joke

>Comedy show
>1 hour episodes

>get a glue gun
>spray paint it silver and gold
>now it's a futuristic prop
>that still looks like a glue gun
Comedy gold, Jerry!

>and expects it to upset die hard Trekkies.
In other words, the less desirable demographic?

It isn't a comedy show, as both fans and CBS shills agree.

This whole whining about being cheated on and her justifying her whoredom thing is going to happen for extended lengths of time in every episode
fhm.com/posts/seth-macfarlane-the-orville-exclusive-clip-142024

I like them setting out that this is seen as work to the crew. When he going over the helmsman's great record. He asks why this ship and the guy asks about being able to drink pop at his work space. I like that the helmsmen are clearly being set up as the dudes that fuck up

but thats the worst part of the show wtf...how did they think that was a good idea.

It isn't a good comedy.
It isn't a good space drama.
It isn't a good Star Trek rip off.
It isn't fun.
It's not entertaining.
It's nothing. There's literally nothing good about it.

Actually, you're wrong.

Actually, you're wrong.

It wasn't a good post.
It wasn't a good rip off of OP.
It wasn't fun.
It wasn't entertaining.
It was nothing. There was literally nothing good about your post.

Actually, you're wrong.

Actually, you're wrong

Actually, you're wrong.

I wish that either of you could form an argument.

Actually, you're correct.

Actually he's incorrect

It wasn't a good post.
It wasn't good Sup Forums drama.
It wasn't a good rip off of OP.
It wasn't fun.
It wasn't entertaining.
It was nothing. There was literally nothing good about your post.

Anyone else pause the episode after seth started berating his chief medical officer?

>not family guy in space

It's literally live action Bryan in space. He wrote himself as a cuck getting BLUED by the BBC.

I guarantee he does some cringey stewie voice sometime in the show, and looks at the camera slightly breaking the third wall.

>being this wrong

Wrong

Ed left his wife the instant he discovered she was cheating. Ed is not Brian and has nothing to do with Brian. Brian is a dog. There is no reason to insert a carriage return between the link to the post you're responding to and your text.

Pretty much everyone agrees that this show is garbage except for the paid shills.

I feel bad for these CBS shills that spent all Saturday on Sup Forums waiting for an Orville thread and now have to start work after 8pm. Hi CBS faggots.

Actually, you're wrong.

It's literally a glue gun you dumb shit.

>In other words, the less desirable demographic?
in other words, 80% of the people who even care to give a Star Trek show a try at all.

Looks like the paid shills think it's garbage and everyone else likes it.

Kind of a shitty first episode.

The sequence where seth goes through the roster of his senior officers kind of reminded me of that part of the first episode of DS9 where Odo basically turns to the camera and says "hi, my character arc is that I don't know anything about my species", it's a bizarre and conspicuous way of introducing characters

Exactly.

>We have to rely on Seth MacFarlane for our Trek fix

What a sad state of affairs.

I rely on him for my big band easy listening albums as well

>BRENDAN

Maybe their just really long lived and lost all their women ages ago, like Ents

I really enjoyed the first episode. It felt like TNG again. Would be even better with less jokes, but the jokes were not terrible.

Honestly it's the complete opposite of Discovery. Discovery is virulently ant-white, anti-male and anti-hetero delivered over a droning humorless SJW narrative. Orville is the direct opposite of this in almost every way. A white male cis heterosexual captain having adventures with attractive white hetero females on his crew.

Shilling this bad

I am not a shill. Those were facts. Every statement was a fact. You have posted falsehood. I have posted facts.

this looks comfy af

>when you spend so mich time on Sup Forums that you think seth macfarlane is funny.

>they are killing the story after the 1st season for anther one.
>The whole we planned it that way BS is just sad.
STD will be garbage, but not for that reason. Having a self contained season focused on a specific crew or location could be pretty cool if executed well.

Jesus fucking Christ, I can't imagine this post not being made by an obese tumblr user

>people actually shill Seth Macfarlane trash on this board
What happened?

I've never liked him. To be honest it was such a relief to see a "Kirk" having adventures instead what we all know what discovery will be; a diversity Olympics and SJW set pieces hitting us over the head for an hour a week, that I just began to really enjoy it and remember when trek was fun.

>only tumblr liked Firefly

this isn't political and is paced better than LOL RANDUMB Family Guy.

fact; it's garbage

*Mouth breathing intensifies

thoughts?

It might be total garbage, but a labor of love might as well be a unicorn in hollywood nowadays

>low energy: the post

>Reviews claim the show is irrevocable garbage.
>Decide to watch it regardless.
>It's nothing transcendent, but it's a fun charming sci-fi action-adventure show that's perfect to relax to on Sunday nights.
I think the idea that we're living in a "golden age of television" has ruined the opportunity for networks to air shows that are just meant to be enjoyed at a basic level. It seems that everyone expects a show to offer some great insight into the human condition, have an abstract/byzantine plot that slowly untangles as the series progresses, and/or offer incisive political commentary.

>your face when Roger the Alien makes a cameo and becomes a reoccurring character and love interest

Alara a cute!
A CUTE!

Agreed. It's nice to have something episodic and light hearted that gets, if a little clumsily, at the idea of star trek. Ironically and based only on promo stuff, ST:D doesn't seem to understand that exploration and discovery, not progressivism, is the heart of the series

I wonder what her breath smells like

No. I can't fathom how the PR team bungled this so bad. Though to be fair there is nothing visual they could show because it's all so fucked up as to be unrecognizable as Star Trek.

Show is honestly a big pile of meh. Most of it lies in how it can't decide to be a comedy with dramatic elements or a drama with quips.

But still, it's not as bad as critics are panning it to be, this is harmless, unmemorable tv as it gets. Will stick for the next two episodes to see if it gets better, but not really crazy about it.

Also,

why is the devil in orville

First episode ratings were good, if it can keep the lion's share of viewers come sunday then things are looking rosy.

A massive drop would probably be disastrous though.

There's nothing redeeming about that first ep. It feels like they really wanted to make a cartoon parody of ST but midway decided to make an actual live-action space drama using the same shallow carbon-copy ST characters. The action sequences are even more retarded than ST. A small away team with hand phasers and 1 combat expert somehow massacres a whole platoon of alien soldiers. At least Trek would have had some of the personnel killed or the team captured from the jump. Oh we have a cutie-pie security head who can fucking break down walls and fly like Supergirl. The jokes just feel out-place. Maybe it will get better but it has a huge hill to climb.