When are we gonna get a god damn moon colony? I have too many basic needs accounted for...

When are we gonna get a god damn moon colony? I have too many basic needs accounted for. This sedentary life of luxury has brought nothing but anxiety and mental issues. I simply want to live as a moon farmer. When can I go do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NgqnlUifggw
youtu.be/Z9EnUQltR9A
youtube.com/watch?v=Jlj2BW8AtUQ
rt.com/business/346128-china-massive-sea-lab/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>When are we gonna get a god damn moon colony?
Soon, my friend
Though I fear with SpaceX's shit always blowing up, it may take longer than we thought

We may even have to wait for Blue Origin to get the ball rolling
youtube.com/watch?v=NgqnlUifggw

bump, any moonfags out there?

Probably in like a couple months.

Anyone who fucks around with new rockets gets a lot of explosions.

I just want to know what private entities I can invest in. I want to start anew, and an entirely separate sphere would be a great place to do so.

This earth is going to shit itself any time now, and I want to be laughing allll the way from the moon.

KEK DOES NOT WILL YOU TO VISIT THE MOON

youtu.be/Z9EnUQltR9A
35min of rockets failing.

The moon is just a circle of light projected against the world's ceiling. You can't live there, retard.

It's had 3 failures in 29 launches
It's getting a bit ridiculous m8

Wait, what is this bullshit?

Is that legit?

No way.

So fake.

How can you land so fast from space?

I'll moon you right now, if you like.

Earn yourself $500,000 in liquid assets and then sell it when tickets to Mars become available

Then start up a mining business there or something

It's sped up about 4x and several portions are cut

How can you not tell the video is sped up? It's pretty obvious.

>Posting that shitty of an image

If OP can't figure out a computer how are we going to figure out a moon colony

Not really, I have heard they are trying new tech on most launches. Not to mention companies are paying for them to deliver payloads to orbit, so they must not think it's an unreasonable amount.

Hurry up and get up here.

Right now it's just me, Newt Gingrich and some old Nazis we found on a hidden base on the dark side.

Wait, what is this bullshit?

Is that legit?

No way.

So fake.

How can you jump to conclusions so fast from earth?

Not in this lifetime my nigga, I hope you believe in reincarnation

Companies don't like it when they blow up their satellite on the pad
youtube.com/watch?v=Jlj2BW8AtUQ

Right after they find a reason to do it. If a moon colony could actually make money it would've already been done.

The Moon can never be a permanent home for humanity because the gravity is insufficient for healthy foetal gestation.

The Moon has less problems for colonization than once believed, for example water ice is more plentiful than we thought and the soil is 40% Oxygen by weight so we could literally bake the dirt to make fresh air.

But the same is true of Mars, which has the advantage of healthy gravity for reproduction and a much wider variety of metals than the Moon. Mars has all the metal ores we need to sustain high tech civilization, the Moon does not.

These reasons are why all the focus is on colonizing Mars now.

I just wanted to fly an X-Wing.
>selects stop sign

There's always the ocean.

Of course they don't like it, but the fact they keep on getting new contracts indicates a fairly high amount of confidence in their platform.

literally more dangerous and more pointless than the moon

>Valuable metals, but actually possible to retrieve at a profit
>Food everywhere
>Actual new life to discover instead of nothing
>Cheaper to get to

Why are these things bad

do you not into pressure of deep sea.

Who says you have to build underwater cities in the deepest parts of the ocean though

Can't wait for the first lunar shitpost. It'll make Aussies look like fail.

>gravity is insufficient for healthy foetal gestation.

Citation needed.

>Mars, which has the advantage of healthy gravity for reproduction

Citation needed.

>tfw you are not a lunarian

>Old Nazis we found on the dark side

someone here watched Iron Sky...

HELIUM 3
E
L
I
U
M

This

And i would rather live among beautiful fish than grey rock. id be cool with mars though

Honestly, humans will probably be able to convert their bodies into being entirely mechanical within the next 50-100 years (assuming civilization doesn't collapse). At that point we could pretty much exist anywhere without worrying about anything except things like temperatures and radiation.

What about beautiful fish on Mars? Or Europa?

fuck the moon a colony there is pointless, what we need is a space elevator to drastically reduce the cost of getting shit off-planet.

It's rocket science m8. You can't conquer known space without blowing up a few rockets.

>moon farmer

Lol this made me giggle like a retard. So you neets think since you cant hack it here you logically would thrive in one of the harshest environments we know of?

Cant say much i applied for mars one..

Do you goys realise that caring about space colonization and shit is just some sleight of hand shit to keep you distracted from actually being competitive on earth?

It's reddit tier fantasy to think that going to space will change existence in any way.

The government will still control it, the rich will still own it, you'll be allowed to go there if you're willing to risk life and limb, you'll get paid pittance and the benefactor will be safe on earth.

literally just google it you lazy fuckhole
its true you need earth-like gravity for healthy developement

>live in sea
>go outside unprotected
>die
>live on moon
>go outside unprotected
>die
whats your point

It won't be permanent, but I think a legit Moon colony could be up and running within the next 4 years. It'd be like the ISS, where you only stay there for a short while, but it'd still be feasible.

I could imagine there being a penal colony on the Moon. We'd name it Nustralia.

You actually wouldn't die that quickly out in space. It'd take a while before you bit it, like a couple of minutes.

>Space elevator
Not this meme again.

y would you want to take longer to die

You could go outside unprotected and live, if you get back into shelter fast enough. Go outside unprotected in the deep sea and you're instantly crushed to death.

Note that this cup wasn't even taken down deeper than Lake Baikal. A lake. The pressure down 2km would literally pressurize you into a miniature version of yourself, with your eyes popping out.

When you find a way to not fuck shit up in 1/6th gravity.

And when we over mine the moon effecting the moons orbit and have it crash into earth, then what. Pic related

We need to practice our terraforming skillz on mars

HOW IS IT A MEME

"I DONT LIKE IT IT, I'M GUNNA CALL IT A MEME HUEHUEHUE"

THAT'S YOU FAGGOT

Right now the moon is drifting away from earth.

Only American education could make you think you could change the orbit of the moon by mining it

Scientists cant even prove the earth is a globe.
Why the hell would you assume """"the universe""" is a thing if you were not told so?
The future belongs to the Lord.

soon

rt.com/business/346128-china-massive-sea-lab/

Day 1 of Trump in office

>Go outside unprotected in the deep sea and you're instantly crushed to death.

That isn't how it works, otherwise deep sea fish would be crushed. Deep sea fish aren't super hard or something, they are flesh and bone like any other animal.

Human saturation divers go as deep as 1,200 feet. They don't get crushed because their bodies slowly adapt to the pressure on the way down.