>People all around the web think that Homecoming will be this god tier film

>>People all around the web think that Homecoming will be this god tier film.
>>Reboot that is more focused on Pete in High School
>>Somehow will breathe life into a franchise that's had 5 films in the last decade and a half.

Why are people overhyping this film so much? What makes people so gaga over Spider-Man? We already have a shit ton of quippers in the MCU.

People hope that this time, it'll finally be good.
I don't share that hope.

People like Spider-Man, the Raimi films are a lot of people's first experience with superhero movies. Plus the last two SM movies have been poorly received so people think that the MCU will make Spider-Man great for the first time since 2004

We haven't actually had a decent Spider-Man movie since the second one. Also he had a fantastic introduction in CW so I'd really put the expectation on how the actor did Spidey than anything. I mean it's not like regular people actually follow the news on this shit like we do

>Disney shoehorning minorities into roles that were written as white for decades
just like the force awakens, wtf i love multiculturalism now

I swear to fucking christ if Miles shows up in any capacity I'll pop a goddamned blood vessel, in my ass, and shit blood.

And nobody will care.

if it flounders then Amy Pascal and Sony will get the blame and Disney will assume control.

If its a success. Disney still assumes control and cuts out Sony.

Since Amy Pascal would likely be angling for more Female heroes in the next Spider-man film. Sup Kamala

Peter's never going to get through highschool and college will he?

>Disney shoehorning minorities into roles that were written as white for decades
>just like the force awakens

Did they change Han Solo into a spic?

Guess they're talking about the BlackStormy

It's Spider-man.

He's been friendly with big screen until Amazing Spider-man movies.

Disney desperately wants a cheaper and not ex addict RDJ replacement.

You should, because that means they'll kill him off so the black people can take thier rightful place. Fuckin anzazi the spider and shit.

>2016
>being racist
wew

Yeah it's more wanting to believe, thinking being in the MCU will make Spider-Man better, which it WOULD... If they didn't go with teenager Peter. They basically made the worst possible decisions on every single decision they made with this. Horrible casting, horrible plot, horrible setting.

Peter's parents were killed by HYDRA in the comics for fuck's sake. No mention of that. No using ultimate Goblin's story where it's all tied to the super soldier serum and Hulk. They put him in the MCU but don't tie him too it.

Overall, they just predictably fucked up for the sake of family friendly Disney conforming normies and casuals.

You know they're going to destroy semblance of anything that remotely feels like Spider-Man in favor of white girls on tumblr thinking they're speaking for all minorities.

>Why are people overhyping this film so much? What makes people so gaga over Spider-Man?
this is why

Marvel Studios has never made a bad movie

they never made a good one either but that's beside the point

>>People all around the web

>hoping any Super Hero film will ever be good again

Maybe I've just gotten cynical, but I am sure they'll be fine, but the saturation of all of them and how many are out each year now is just starting to get to me. That no matter how 'good' they are, I just can't care anymore.

Winter Soldier was the last time I cared and maybe will be the last time. Hell, I didn't even see Civil War nor do I plan to.

Why not? Spiderman is the most popular superhero along with Batman, and people loved him in CW.

Whether the movie is good or not remains to be seen, but if it's even better than average, expect at least 800 million in the box office.

>Why are people overhyping this film so much?
Not people, user. Paid D*sney shills. If you haven't noticed this board has a high number of astroturfers hired by the mouse to promote their films.

Just watch as they get this post deleted.

>They basically made the worst possible decisions on every single decision they made with this.

How can you know? The movie isn't even out yet?

>Horrible casting

Holland and Tomei were great for what little time we saw them in Civil War. What's to complain about?

> horrible plot
Nobody knows the plot.

>horrible setting.

NYC kid in NYC. Where else should he be?

>Peter's parents were killed by HYDRA in the comics for fuck's sake. No mention of that. No using ultimate Goblin's story where it's all tied to the super soldier serum and Hulk. They put him in the MCU but don't tie him too it.

As far as you, or any of us, know thus far. It's not like they were going to tap into any of that in CW. But it's certainly very possible for those things to pop up in Homecoming. They teased Captain America in IM1 and Wakanda in IM2 for fuck's sake.

>wanting people to stick to the source material and not race bait by appeasing minorities is racist
WEW

>How can you know? The movie isn't even out yet?

They've revealed enough to know it's shit. And it has Tom "I'm The Biggest Faggot To Ever Exist In the Six Billion Years of This Planet's Existence" Holland in it.

>Holland and Tomei were great for what little time we saw them in Civil War. What's to complain about?

No. Holland is the worst actor on the face of the fucking Earth. It's automatically bad with him in it. Automatically.

>Nobody knows the plot.

It involves Peter in highschool, being played by a 21 year old british dipshit who can't act. Already bad.

>NYC kid in NYC. Where else should he be?

They said it's Washington DC. Why? Who the fuck knows.

>As far as you, or any of us, know thus far.

They haven't been making these very simple efforts because Disney doesn't seem to hire people who actually read the comics.

>Lee/Ditko run with Peter in high school is arguably the best he's had
>Ultimate run, love it or hate it, was popular and influential and had him in high school for a decade
>last two adaptations each had a man in his late twenties playing a teen, and neither even looked young
>both skimmed over it with two or three scenes that acknowledge his being in high school, never touched on him being a hero so young
>never had him interact with other heroes, unlike the comics that had him immediately meet the F4 and had him invited to join The Avengers before he was 18

>being confused about how seeing something closer to this than what we had before can get people excited

But a lot of them weren't white to begin with. They were clones of a kiwi.

>They said it's Washington DC. Why? Who the fuck knows.

It takes place in fucking Queens. At least shitpost right you fucking idiot.

>Dude, MCU, LMAO.

They're all pretty trash.

THEY LITERALLY FILMED IN FUCKING WASHINGTON FUCKING DC READ A GODDAMN ARTICLE YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT DUMBASS KEK GO BACK TO SUCKING TOM HOLLANDS TWO INCH DICK.

Fuck you. Fucking idiot.

>They've revealed enough to know it's shit.
Not really.

> Holland is the worst actor on the face of the fucking Earth. It's automatically bad with him in it. Automatically.
He was only in CW for barely 10 minutes and he's already proved to have portrayed the mist entertaining live action iteration of the character yet.

>They said it's Washington DC.
One part of the movie is in DC. The majority of it is in NY.

>It involves Peter in highschool

It's him starting out. Why wouldn't he be in Highschool? He doesn't become Spidey as an adult. And they can't have him as a veteran already because if he was he'd have been mentioned way earlier than in CW.

they also filmed in Atlanda, do you think the movie will take place in Atlanda?

Stop being autistic you fucking dckek

Didn't they film the airport scene in CW in Atlanta?

It was set in Germany. Why's that user acting this way?

The actor is gonna age up fast.

Fuck off. The first three were God tier

3 S P I D E R M A N F I L M S

why would hyping a film be bad? this is spider-man, people like spider-man, it would be a more worrying sign if people werent looking forward to it

He'll be in college by his next solo movie after Homecoming. In CW (2016), he was a freshman. In Homecomong (2017), he'll be a sophomore. Phase 4 won't happen until 2020, which by then he'll logically already be in college since the MCU progresses in real time.

>Why's that user acting this way?
Because he's shitposting.

Because Sony shat the bed for a decade and people think Marvel might help make it better.

MCU progresses in real time only when it's convenient. Phase 1 took place in roughly a year.

Feige already said they're sticking to high school for a while.

haha jesus
you need help

You need to get Tom Holland's micro penis out of your ass.

>Phase 1 took place in roughly a year.

Or 70, depending on how you count Captain America 1. But yeah, Phase 1 is kinda the exception. Since The Avengers they've been pretty consistent though.

>Feige already said they're sticking to high school for a while.

I've heard this as well. I don't think they're actually going to do it though. Especially considering like what said, Holland isn't going to be able to pull off looking like a teenager for much longer. In the next couple years I fully expect Fiege will be retracting that statement.

I'm confused, is it sony or marvel that's in charge of the creative side of production?

Marvel's pretty much doing everything. Sony just gets money because they couldn't negotiate well enough for anything else.

>SM3
>god tier

>it'll finally be good.
First two ramimi films were awesome and the first ASM was great. What is wrong with these people?

Why are they so obsessed with High School? Tom Holland is going to grow up fast, especially if they take a 3 year break between Homecoming and his next Spider-Man film. Why are they so obsessed with High School shit?

>Why are they so obsessed with High School?

Probably to try and catch to the tween 'watches girl meets world' demographic?

>Tom Holland is going to grow up fast, especially if they take a 3 year break between Homecoming and his next Spider-Man film.

Presciently why they'll probably drop the whole 'lets do multiple movies of Peter in highschool' idea. It's just not going to work. Especially because that would mean effectively cutting him off from the rest of the MCU. Unless potential guest appearances in other movies are going to be his 'present self', but his solo appearances are going to be his 'past self'. Which would be a very unnecessary complication in production for the future.

>Presciently why they'll probably drop

*Precisely

Fuck.

Stormtroopers are NOT Clonetroopers!

Stormtroopers can be anyone and any race. Clonetroopers were in the prequels and were clones of Jango Fett

>ANOTHER fucking Spider-Man origin story

He already has his powers though.

Except it isn't an origin story. He was already active for 6 months by the time of Civil War. Also, Marvel confirmed that Dr. Strange is the last origin movie they're doing. Anyone new hence is going to be introduced through other movies. Like Captain Marvel's origin being in Infinity War instead of her solo flick.

>> Muh Marvel conspiracy
Company wars bullshit killed the comics side of Sup Forums, user, so shut up.

I predict two High School movies. Homecoming will be the first of the two. Second movie will end with Peter graduating and if not he'll graduate in the beginning of the third.

People like Spiderman, people like the MCU, this is a Spiderman movie set in the MCU.

How can anybody be deluded enough into wanting to watch this?

For fucks sake, he's not even allowed to punch. This alone makes him the worst piece of shit in the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Not him but S3 blows out TASM 1 &2 out of the water.

>Lee/Ditko run with Peter in high school is arguably the best he's had

But MCU Spider-Man isn't Ditko Spidey. Ditko Spidey didn't want some solid dick from an Iron Man, and he was antisocial.

I just want Spidey to be good.

And so far, he isn't.

Oh well. Guess I'll just read Spider-Man blue again or some shit.

Cause he is the more Superman Deadpool.

A morally good guy who cracks a lot of jokes and is young like kids.

We won't get adult spidey because that is no longer status quo. Aging characters are long gone now.

Might as well get a museum of comic book characters and just mix match their stories and draw on them with sharpies. Then show the museum in the comics and mash it with another museum, burn it down and start it all over again.

Spider-Man will never be good again, the sooner people realize it and give up on the franchise, the happier they will be.

I've been saying that if Disney were doing this right, we'd have Avengers shorts before each movie, showing them at any point in the timeline just palling around, putting the Wrecking Crew away or something.

It'd be an easy way to see more High school Spidey without needing to rely on huge coherent scripts. Just one action set piece or a gag or something.

Or fuck it, you know.

>I've been saying that if Disney were doing this right, we'd have Avengers shorts before each movie, showing them at any point in the timeline just palling around, putting the Wrecking Crew away or something.
That'd cost way too much money user. There's a reason that even back when they were doing the One-Shots for the BDs they never had any of the actual big characters in them.

First of all, that user was most likely referring to the ASM films. Second of all, fuck you Spider-Man 3 was not god-tier. It was a disappointing cluttered mess of a film.

If they want Flash Thompson to be a different race then fine. The problem I have is that the actor who they cast, Tony Revolori, does not have the physical build Flash is supposed to have.

I'm glad you're triggered. Disney needs to do this more.

Cause we're all so sure you are mad about the minority thing simply because you're a comic purist.

Fuck off. Just admit you're a racist fuck already. Trump won. You faggots are free to come out the closet now.

>minorities in queens
how unrealistic

>... If they didn't go with teenager Peter.
They went with a teen because they want to use him for ten years. RDJ is struggling physically, and Disney just wants to make sure the next group of actors are able to stick around for three or more phases.

>I'm confused, is it sony or marvel that's in charge of the creative side of production?
Sony still has the right to make demands, but in the case of Homecoming they are voluntarily giving up control of the film to Marvel. If the film makes money then they would keep it that way.

Romita eyes