Why wouldn't Tony use the Hulkbuster all the time?

Why wouldn't Tony use the Hulkbuster all the time?

Mark 42 needs more jobbing screentime

Cinema Sins pls

Maneuverability. For the average threat it's better to be able to move freely than to have overkill weapons and armor, when the standard Iron Man suit is already very well armed and protected against things that aren't Hulk.

It's not practical. It couldn't, for example, move through a hidden Hydra base that used to house Winter Soldier. Or have a battle on Air Force One.

Because it's not necessary. Would you drive a tank to fight someone holding a knife?

Fuck yea I would.

Eat 200 pounds of HE, random street punk!

You would kill everybody and be a terrible cop.

All of my GTA police missions beg to differ.

energy

Damn Right. We Tank Police son!

Don't you remember what happened to the Iron Monger?

Ever played GTA, user?

this.

Plus, it's likely the Hulkbuster isn't designed to operate for long periods of time like Tony's regular suits.

Flew up to space?
Let himself get fucked from the giant hole right in his blindspot?
Stood in front of a magical sky beam that knocked him out and blew up?

Yes. Why fight fair when the consequence is death?

Got embarassed by a weaker opponent that had more mobility

The Iron Monger suit wasn't the Hulk Buster.

It was essentially a slightly more powerful and slightly less mobile version of Iron Man's suit, meaning it had a tradeoff.

The Hulk buster may have a tradeoff in speed, but it's almost indestructible. A samurai may be able to fight a knight, but he can't fight a tank

>A samurai may be able to fight a knight, but he can't fight a tank
A really really big samurai could though

The lighter armors could take a lot.

I was going by your example.

If I could fight a knife weilder in tank, I would do so over fighting him in body armor.

In a world with things like Abomination, I'd feel pretty safe in Hulkbuster, and it'd be my go to armor.

If I needed to fight a really fast guy, or sneak, I'd use exceptional armors.

This is only because Iron Man basically has limitless energy at his disposal

>feature Hulkbuster in every commercial
>only uses it once in the movie
we all saw this coming

Because Hulkbuster would destroy all buildings he'd try to get into. He also uses the suits for big events and stuff.

>A samurai may be able to fight a knight, but he can't fight a tank

Really, user?

uh huh

what if he only pulled that knife on you because when you weren't in a tank he didn't have the opportunity to use his tankbusting gear

Jack isn't a samurai, he's a parody of one

Heresy! Jack is the greatest Samurai who ever lived. He follows the way of the Samurai without any boy raping.

Usagi Yojimbane?

Doors, hallways, narrow streets, that kind of thing.

Plus Tony is very narcissistic, it doesn't look nearly sleek enough to be his EDC.

>Why doesn't the military just use Drones as opposed to men with small arms fire?

Collateral damage mainly. You don't use a fuckin bazooka to clear a room with hostages. Hulkbuster would result in a lot of logistical issues, not to mention it's probably a huge power drain compared to the normal precise suit

It's ugly. MCU Tony has enough of a Steve Jobs vibe that he cares about the aesthetics of his technology as much as he does the functionality.

This isn't to say he won't sacrifice form when he needs a specific function, hence the reason he made the Hulkbuster the way he did to begin with, but offhand, I'd have to say that for a guy that likes fancy cars, trim suits and ultra-modern architecture, the ugly Warhammer 40k look probably isn't his first choice.

the hulkbuster looks huge and would be overkill against anything not hulk sized, better to match your armor to the threat, instead of going ham against every little thing

It can't fit through doors, for one thing.

When your only tool is a Hulkbuster every problem looks like a Hulk.

>Much less mobile
>Much, much heavier
>Very large, would have to tear through walls to get inside a building
>Far less dexterous, might kill a person if he tried to pick them up
>Probably consumes a lot of power and resources
>Is not indestructible, Hulk was tearing chunks off of it and needed whole limbs replaced mid fight

These are all the same reason why we haven't dumped a lot of time and resources into building mechs or Iron Man analogues- as neat as a concept it is, its just not practical in a modern combat situation.

Remember in Dragonball Z when Trunks got swole and fought Cell?
Basically that, trades any sort of speed and finesse for raw power and nothing else.

I laughed

Would you not?

THAT CAN BE ARRANGED

>says the guy with the R8 in a disgusting color

1. Less versatile, less maneuverable. Hulkbuster can't even enter a building.

2. The "self-repairing" aspect probably makes it significantly more expensive than even the other suits. I imagine each part of it (legs, arms, body) costs as much as one suit to manufacture and deploy, so at least five times as much.
Tony may be absurdly rich but there's a point where you say OK, this guy is blowing the amount Microsoft makes in a year every time he steps out of the house.

Because Disney need to sell a new toy at each new movie

what about comics

Cost most likely. He's rich but that shit seems awfully inefficient

This too

I know MCU Tony has a napoleon complex, but going Hulkbuster 24/7 seems a bit overkill don't you think?

WORST ARMOR EVER

The first fucking armor worked better than that shit. 42 blew up Killian and couldn't even kill him.

Because that would be against Tony's personality.

The thing about heroes is that they're in constant conflict with troublesome personalities. They're people with lots of flaws trying to do good.

Tony is a problem solver, and deals with each individual problem one at a time. The Hulkbuster was to fight Hulk only. He's also a massive showman and craves fame all the time, so this . And most important of all, HE is Iron Man.

It's the same with why he doesn't just give everyone armors. He's the mechanic, he's the hero, not everyone.

Because you don't use Dynamite to open boxes.

I mean, YOU probably don't...

it was a prototype

too expensive/fuel inefficient/bulky