Explain to someone who's never read a superhero comic what is this character's deal

Explain to someone who's never read a superhero comic what is this character's deal.
What are his powers and what's his endgame?

No powers. Supergenius who uses science and sorcery together. Endgame is ruling the world, and he's actually capable of doing so.

He can go pee pee and doo doo like a big boy.

>What are his powers
LOLmagic
>what's his endgame
To fuck Sue Richards

Isn't that really Reed in Doom's armor though?

Actually Doom ruled the world twice before, and gave it up once because he found it to be boring.

He's the second smartest man in the world, with the second best armor, and also the second most skilled sorcerer on the planet. You might think, "Oh, he's not first, who gives a shit." But all those fuckers who are the best only specialize in one field. Doom is amazing at all of them. Because of that, he works as a villain for fucking anyone. Richards, Stark, Strange, not to mention street level heroes like Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Luke Cage. Hell, he does even better when running with the big leagues, like Galactus and Thanos and the Beyonder.

>that Daredevil
always gets a chuckle out of me

He's main goal is to spite his college roommate.

What's his story?

kek

Not exactly a capeshit expert but I think it goes like this
>Reed and Victor are college bros
>working on an experiment, Reed is cautious, Victor is vain and sure of his calculations
>LAB ACCIDENT, Victor gets scarred, goes nuts because vanity
>finds a legendary Smith to make him a mask to hide his deformaty
>puts it on too soon, molten metal fucks up his face worse
>THIS IS REED'S FAULT. ITS ALL HIS FAULT

so kind of like Danny Phantom

>Richards, let's go to space.
>Okay Victor.

>OH GOD VICTOR ALL OF US HAVE BECOME FREAKS...except you, thank goodness. Just a teensy sca-
>RRRIIIICHARDS! YOU SHALL PAY FOR THIS!

Oh, and one time while Sue was going into labor or something, Doom was the only Dr. around to perform the procedure (Reed was indisposed, I forget why)
In exchange for his efforts, he demanded to name the child, a permanent reminder to Reed that his son owes his life to Doom because he couldn't be there.

>Son
Daughter.

My bad, been a while.
Regardless, I still put that amongst the biggest dick moves in cape, amd I know about
>IT WAS ME BARRY

As a kid, he's part of an oppressed clan in a land called Latveria.
His mom was a sorceress who made a deal with a demon.
Shit backfired; she got killed and her soul went to hell.
Lil Vic is hurt, and determined to free his mother's soul.
Lil Vic finds her sorcery stuff and learns.
Lil Vic also masters science in America.
In uni, Victor builds a machine to literally go to hell, but is attacked by the demon, leaving his face scarred. Also, the machine explodes and he is expelled.
Victor eventually goes to a tibetan temple and learns even more about sorcery.
Becomes Doctor Doom at the moment he put on the hot mask and the armor, putting aside the pain.
Doom orchestrated a revolution in Latveria, killed the Baron, took the power, and led Latveria to prosperity.

>The guy who used to be your bro names yoyr daughter after his mom in exchange for saving her life.
>Anywhere near literally causing all grief ever experienced.

Bruh.

>To fuck Sue Richards
That's Namor's thing not Doom's

>Dooms origin is tied to the F4 origin
No.

He's the Batman of Marvel villains, basically.

Imagine a Saturday morning cartoon villain, Dr. Doom is basically meant to be the best of that archetype in all forms (evil dictator, mad scientist, wicked sorcerer)

That being said he has no powers. A metal suit almost as good as iron mans and spells almost as good as Dr. Strange's. His end game is also complicated but basically:
>he thinks the world would be a better place under him
>Fuck Reed Richards, he's a punkass nigga
>depending on continuity, to save his mother from hell or protect certain loved ones

Other continuities play with his powers, most notably Ultimate gave him a metal body and no insides and gross stink breath in addition to his sorcery and genius.

Namor has SEVERAL bitches he wishes to fuck.

His endgame is showing he is better. Better than anything else.

He was actually pretty chill about that one, even if it was once again to spite Reed. Even made a joke about "come on you thought I was going to call her Dooma or some shit"

Anyway, Doom has had a certain number of rewrites over the years from blatantly evil cartoon supervillain to more complex character (but still a huge egomaniacal ham because it's what makes him fun to read). For instance, compare the more classic backstory to the more recent .
He's basically to Marvel what Sinestro is to DC.

Former girlfriend, not mother.

>That being said he has no powers.
He actually does have a power (besides all the magic stuff anyway), he can switch bodies with someone through a staring contest, but he uses that like once every five blue moons

Former girlfriend who he may have killed and skinned for a ritual to make his armor magical.

A funny thing about Doom is that as time went on, he got more and more of a decent guy while Reed became more and more of a douche. It's not even for the same reason, it's just that one tried to skirt away from pure cartoon supervillainy while the other started being used as the amoral science first rest later guy

>second smartest man in the world
>second best armor
Looks like somebody doesn't read enough comics.

>>Doom orchestrated a revolution in Latveria, killed the Baron, took the power, and led Latveria to prosperity.
I want to read this story.
Doom taking power sounds like a shitload of fun- watching him fight a war without his resources or Doombots would be awesome.

He's like the Batman of badguys. He's just a dude who uses tech, sorcery, political pull, and near endless funding to achieve his goals. Plus he's top 5 smartest in marvel at least

>everyone's looking at them in shock
>Daredevil's looking in the completely wrong direction

Fucking hell

>DOOMA

My god.

HE DOES AS HE PLEASES, FOOL

His absolute endgame is to rule the world. Why?

Because he saw a vision of the future where his rule was the only thing that could save humanity.

Yeah but Doom came first.

He's super butthurt that Reed is slightly smarter and always trying to prove him wrong.

Books of Doom by Ed Brubaker.