Ask a drunk big city Firefighter anything. Some info

Ask a drunk big city Firefighter anything. Some info
>Been on the job 5 years
>Am in a busy area
>Am 23
>Yes I've seen some shit

I got a few stories. Also the thing that's caused me the most PTSD is laughable.

Boxers or briefs?
Cut or uncut?

Boxer-briefs
Cut

WHY POST THE SAme thread

Just tell us the story faggot

There is a 400 acre 5 about 5 miles from my house. The street 2 miles south got an evac warning. What are the chances my house is gonna burn down?

>uphill
>up wind
>residential streets between me and fire

What are the best things to grab I an evacuation? What do people forget or regret?

They've been fighting the Fire for 4 hours now and it's grown from 30 acres to 400 acres.

Thanks in advance.

What? I did the same thing about 2 months ago.

>Working the ambulance for one shift
>Get a call for a male with groin pain (usually nonsense)
>We get there its a 21 year old chubby kid screaming "MY BALLS MY BALLS MY BALLS MY BALLS" over and over and over again
>Have to stop myself from laughing, all I can do is get him a cold pack
>Turns out his testicles got tangled
>Screamed "MY BALLS MY BALLS" as I walked away

Everytime my balls itch or hurt even a little, I get scared that I might have tangled them.
So obviously, I'd pack up pets and what not, but right now I'd get your car ready to go. Pack it with food, clothes, anything you don't want to lose.

And a lot of people forget personal documents like SSN cards, deeds, that sort of thing. I'm more of an urban firefighter though (east coast). Your from the west coast I take it?

Are you the "MY BALLS!" guy?

Fire is now 10% contained.

Where would they contain it? Would they protect the houses or would it just be wherever they could?

Yep, see above.

So wildland firefighters put out fire in a different way. They dig sometimes miles in advance to prevent the fire from spreading. They'll dig up all the plant life and shit so when the fire burns it's way to the "trench" it will burn itself out.

>2 months ago

It was a couple weeks ago

I was drunk user

I know the thing that caused your PTSD

>some dude fuvking up his nuts

Testicle torsion or some shit

This.

The thread was pretty good tho

Isnt that testicular torsion that needs to be untangled or the testicle will die? Thats all you did for him was an icepack?

So if it's "contained they mean they've blocked off 10% of its path?

As a firefighter the most training I have is as an EMT. What am I gonna do, cut his scrotum open?

I guess, like I said I'm more urban, not wildland.

kike

This might sound gay but I love you OP. Firefighters are true heroes

Ah fuck off, I appreciate it, but we're just doing our jobs. An old mentor told me this phrase and I've always held it close "We don't get paid for what we do, but what we might have to do."

What do balls look like when they get tangled? Does it hurt?

I looked, obviously I didn't touch it, but they looked normal.