*blows out your eardrums*

*blows out your eardrums*

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout
e.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norco_shootout
youtube.com/watch?v=ZL9fnVtz_lc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mfw the last thing I hear is one of the best sound editing in film

It isn't even that loud. Only indoors the noise is hurting.

Truly kino reload

*sound mixing

THATS NOT HOW THE M16 WORKS

>window actually gets blown out
jesus, this scene must have been a bitch to reset

THAT'S AN M4A1 BABY.

Where did they get infinite ammo?

>It isn't even that loud. Only indoors the noise is hurting.

He actually got permanent hearing damage. As would you. One or two shots you might be okay from having go off near your ear but extended bursts over a day will give you damage.

I worked in an environment where losing your hearing protection would deafen you for life in about 2 seconds if you stood in the wrong place.

You're literally told to keep your mouth shut because the sound will reverberate through your skull and give you hearing damage from the inside if you're not careful.

>he learned m16 function from video games
it's a fully automatic weapon

on his chest

Goddamn what's this film called again?

do you post also on reddit?

Wait were there cops both in front of and behind him in this scene? How is he not dead?

HEAT

They were stormtroopers

The only recent film that had comparable sound mixing was Dunkirk. That first shot when the brit is drinking water visibly startled the entire theatre where I was, every single shot in the film had weight to it.
One of the better cinema experiences of recent times no doubt.

sneed

you've never fired an m-16 consistently. The shit will wear on your ears after a few iterations of firing.

>M16

He is provoding suppressive fire, he is not shooting at them alone, he has solid cover, there are pedestrians around and the cops are not particularly close. Also it's just basic cops, and being sprayed by multiple automatic rifles is not your average day.

also LA cops are retards
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

Warmth.

Pacino was distractingly annoying in this

he's literally look ma, I'm acting: the actor

what is that

Fuck off

chuckcuck

It's an Colt M733.

>his revenge on Simpsons was make a Simpsons meme
whoa...

H.P. Lovecraft's "War of the Worlds"

They literally use this scene for some training classes because he nalied the under fire reload so perfectly.

People always go on about how they did such a good job with the gun stuff yet there's never any recoil

war of the worlds was by H. G. Wells you dumb fuck

Oh, thank you for the correction.

Wtf this is some of the most tasteful and realistic sound editing in any movie

>tfw can't recreate this exact suit in GTA V because for some fucking reason the game won't let you put suit vests together with ties unless you have no suit jacket on

I'm still amazed that not a single person besides the robbers died in that whole ordeal despite all those rounds going off and the shooters making their way into a residential area.

It's based on a real shootout. The bank robbers destroyed 33 cop cars and even shot down a police helicopter during their escape.

e.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norco_shootout

This would admittedly be pretty bad for your ears without earpro. I guess we could always assume their radio earpieces also doubled as noise canceling earpro, but I don't think they even had that tech yet then.

There is not a single use of CGI in the entire film. Even the armored car getting rimmed and knocked over was real.

Was pretty bad actually, you can fling an empty (or hopefully near empty so bolt remains closed) magazine away with just a quick twist of the rifle is mag release is pressed, he shouldn't have had to remove the empty manually.

>armored car getting rimmed

They used the gunfire from the day. Michael Mann said they were trying to do sound effects in editing, but the natural sound of the blanks firing in the street sounded better than everything they tried. So they just made the natural audio sound as good as possible.

THIS MOVIE MAN.

THIS FUCKING MOVIE!!!!!

It was a better time.

>we will never see kino like this in cinemas EVER again

i heard they show this scene to marines in training to show them how to reload properly

literally watching it in my private theater right now

Can somebody who uses guns regularly explain why?

Like I understand guns make a loud noise etc, but back in WW2 and Vietnam and stuff like that, wouldn't every single soldier have fucked ears?

Also how much louder is a single shot from an assault rifle compared to a 1911?

>After a burst of machine gun fire stops and it all goes quiet you can hear the shots reverberating off the buildings in the distance
>it isn't an added effect, it was actually captured like that live and it's all real audio

Absolute 110% Audiokino

when somebody is trying to kill you you generally aren't too worried about how your hearing is going to be affected if you survive

I heard you're a fucking retard.

>criminal wearing a suit

love this meme :^)

Do deployed soldiers wear any protection?

no u

>wouldn't every single soldier have fucked ears?
Almost all of them from that time period do, yes.

>Also how much louder is a single shot from an assault rifle compared to a 1911?
Rifles are usually distinctly louder and 'sharper' sounding than handguns, but it all really depends on the caliber your shooting and what kind of enviorment you're in. They can all cause permanent hearing loss pretty quickly though.

what's the difference between M16, M733 and M4A1? like mechanically, not historically.

just wait for the remake staring idris elba and andy serkis as a young samuel l jackson

They have different rates of baby killing speed

>Also how much louder is a single shot from an assault rifle compared to a 1911?
about 8 decibels / twice as loud

.45 shots can be pretty quiet though, since they're relatively slow

Yes dumbshit

Britbong here, so my knowledge probably sucks.

M16 is an assault rifle.
M4 is a carbine.

M16 is heavier (duh)

M16 has way more variants by different manufacturers than M4.

M16 is a 60's weapon
M4 is a 90's weapon

M16 has about 450m point target range and 600m area target range.
M4 has about 500m point target range and 800m area target range

M16 is longer (duh)

M16 has 20 and 30 magazine capacity in various forms (snail, drum)
M4 has 30 magazine capacity in box or STANAG form

M733 is a more compact version of the M16.

They are all based off of the AR-15, which was adopted by the military as the M16 rifle. The military likes to modify it slightly (in the M4's case give it a 14.5 inch barrel and shorten the gas system) and give it a new designation. They are mechanically very similar, with trigger group parts, recievers, bolts and bolt carriers, etc. being identical to each other between models. They are all effectively the same gun but with slight changes between them, with the most common changes being barrel lengths and different stocks.

they're both basically just shorter + lighter versions of the M16. the M4A1 is more modern but they're not drastically different or anything

M16s have longer barrels, meaning they're more accurate at range...

from which movie is this? Heat?

I never said otherwise. The M16 is about 40" in length while the M4 is about 33" (stock extended). The barrel length of the M16 is longer though and I mixed up the numbers. Switch them. Should be 450 and 800 for M16 and 500m and 600m for M4.

>Broke his arm while filming The Doors (1991) when he performed a jump from the stage into the crowd and the stuntman failed to catch him. The injury has left Kilmer with an abnormal growth on his left elbow that can clearly be seen many times in Heat (1995).

she's got a

GREAT ASS

Yeah you switched the ranges in your post

Really? Because that sounds like an easy way to get caught in an ambush or mishear an order. I'm pretty sure you're talking out of your ass and the answer isn't a hard yes.

Sort of this, but the M16 does come in a lot of different flavors now and has been getting updates and isn't necessarily regulated to being a 60's weapon. When you see models like the M16A2 and the M16A4, those are updates to the original design. The modern M16, the M16A4, comes with a 20" barrel that is thicker than the original Vietnam M16 and it also comes with the carry handle on the top replaced with a modern rail system, among other changes, but the actual core function (Trigger system, bolt carrier group, gas system, etc.) is functionally identical to the original design. You could think of it like pushing out firmware updates to the design.

The M4 Carbine is literally just an M16 with a different buffer tube, collapsable stock, and a thin 14.5 inch barrel, with a matching shorter gas system and from rail system. They also change the fire control group between models (Some models of the M16 are fully automatic, and some are 3 round burst, and I believe the M4 is aswell with the M4A1). That is pretty much the only difference. The internals and functions remain exactly the same between all of them. You could literally snap the top half off an M16 and put it on the bottom reciver for an M4 carbine and it will work just fine, and vice versa.

Now when you get into civilian AR-15s all the terms of M4 and M16 stop meaning anything, because there is such a wide variety of parts and various barrel lengths that it is meaningless to try and give it any sort of designation besides "AR-15".

A sequence this good couldn't be made today.

Nobody wears "ear pro" when deployed lol. It's not required at the range either, but only dumbshits don't wear it. M-16 is loud indoors like that other user said but you get used to it. Yes I have hearing damage.

He was interviewed recently about his role, he played it like he was coked up.. didnt say if he really was.. method acting..

tell that to soldiers with hearing loss

It is a M-4 but same fucking shit for non mil fags

b- GREAT ASS

>Yes I have hearing damage.
isn't this a problem if some a-rab is sneaking up on you, or you get some orders and are like , "whaaaat?" and then shit happens?

Wrong, it's safe, fire and burst (3 round burst).

*sneeds your Lovecraft*

So basically tl;dr: they are all the same gun with different barrels and different stocks slapped on them. Like I said, I could take the top half of a military M16 and snap it to the bottom half of my AR-15 and it would function perfectly. For some reason, the military goes full autism and stamps a new name on every single little change or update for no real reason making everyone think it's a new gun or something.

one of the best scenes

>Corpsmen hate him! Click here to find out why!

Yes, I always wore a condom.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZL9fnVtz_lc

What went wrong?

My tax dollars are going to pay for this guy's cyborg ear replacements at the VA, just like the limbs he got blown off by an IED...

Only the M16A2

A1
A3
A4

All have fully automatic mode.

F

lmao nigger that bitch would be deaf in 10 shots

You state that when you have to go to a guard tower at fucking shit oclock in the morning and don't have ear pro.
Permanent ear damage can happen after only one burst.
Firing like that will leave you unable to hear low range frequencies for the rest of your life.

I can't hear out of my right ear.

>worrying about hearing damage

You forgot the best full auto version, the OG Pre A1. Also lacked useless garbage like the Brass deflector and forward assist.

The Astronaut's Wife.

seemed pretty irresponsible to shoot at a man carrying a kid