Congratulations South Park. You've effectively trivialized any statement that begins with "remember when...

Congratulations South Park. You've effectively trivialized any statement that begins with "remember when...?" and permanently turned nostalgia as a concept into something to be ridiculed.

Other urls found in this thread:

cornellsun.com/2016/11/10/professors-cancel-class-responding-to-shocking-election-results/
theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/19/extreme-surveillance-becomes-uk-law-with-barely-a-whimper
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yup.
Is this a problem?

You know people are not forced to gives a fuck about what South Park thinks.

In fact their "both sides are wrong" mentality is another retarded Statut quo technics to not offend any viewers, it's not a secret that their show is actually bluepilled as fucks.

Yes it could be considered a problem because the 2010's are one of the worse decade ever and they are pretending the opposite, not even allowing people to remember when times were really good.

Maybe if you actually care about what comedy show has to say about society

Remember when OP was huge whiny faggot and asked everyone to suck his cock? I remember

Remember when should be trivialized, and nostalgia should be mocked.

I haven't watched South Park in years. Sorry you feel threatened by a cartoon.

good

Good. Fuck nostalgia. Nothing but a mental band-aid for manchildren who can't let go of the past.

Thanks doc

The point is that times weren't necessarily better, and that nostalgia is not a suitable replacement for critical thinking.

You give way too much credence to that 1 joke from a comedy show.
Also nostalgia has been mocked for a long while.

Most episodes don't have a "both sides are wrong" morale, what that refers to is the mocking both the left and right in separate episodes.
They've been plenty partisan on lots of stuff.

>and asked to suck everyone's cock?
ftfy

ohh yea I member

'Member when nostalgia wasn't a concept to be ridiculed?
Ohhh, I 'member.

The past was fucking good unlike now.

I don't really see where they got the "people are voting for Donald trump for nostalgic reasons" thing, or why they're comparing it to the new star wars movie

Good. Fuck nostalgiafags.

What's so bad about the 2010s? Aside from the entertainment being kinda shit (arguably partly because of nostalgia).

oooh, I 'member too!

You're pretty fucking dumb then.

No it fucking wasn't.

MAGA

good

Progressism.

I can't believe they are still a topic after eight episodes. They are completely boring and should have only been in one episode.

You're exactly who they're making fun of

The idea that new things are automatically better than old things is fucking retarded

>member when bananas cost 12 cents a pound
>member when all you needed was a high school degree to earn enough money to be the breadwinner of an entire family
>member when there weren't so many mexicans around
>member when whites were respected
>member when america was great
etc.

It was, fucking asshole, not my fault if you were born on the 2000's, or not white or homosexual.

To be fair, society over the past decade have been obsessed with nostalgia to the point where it's annoying. Franchises that are 20+ years old have become potential cashcows once again with new audiences and older fans. Between 2006 and now the 80's became popular, went away and now is popular again. And you got hipsters that are constantly pushing the retro look.

The recent oversaturation of stuff that's set in or nostalgic for the 80s/early 90s is because the people who grew up during those times are now starting to dominate the entertainment industry as boomers slowly move out.

No I get the AGAIN part it was just sort of wierd to me the way they went about it. Probably just me I guess

It's true, the past was fucking good concerning entairtenment.
Now it's complete bullshit in everything, and the SJW pandering is fucking everywhere.

The argument I see is that this happens every generation. True enough. But at least one of those generations must have been right, if you think the history of humanity has always been in a trajectory of "going up" you're fucking delusional.

Matt and Trey just hated TFA and wanted to say that without shoehorning it in somewhere.

You had a lot of things set in the fifties during the seventies for the same reason.

I don't get why they are bringing up the new Star Wars movie now. It came out almost a year ago. It wasn't the best thing ever but it's no where near the worst Star wars movie.

Considering no other generation in the history of the world has had the internet all bets are off.

The reverse is also true though.

>without shoehorning
They failed that pretty fucking hard.

well, the twenties were cooler than the depression and world war two
now there were some hypothetical past nostalgiafags who knew what they were talking about

I would talk shit about TFA too. Its only popular because it wasnt garbage loke the prequels and normies cant tell the difference between "new" and "good"

From a creatuve standpoint, Abrahams pulled a really shifty move that shows how scared he is to actually make a new star wars. Instead of having the balls to so something new, like Lucas dod in the PT, he recycled what made the old ones good.

Anyone who doesn't think literally everything was better pre, let's say 1998, is just kidding themselves
>movies
>music
>the news
>women's attitudes
>fag suppression
>black community wasnt on their high horse yet
Ect.

They were right about the new Star Wars at least

>South Park was funny till it made fun of ME

Every time.

Trey & Matt are against Trump only because they are part of cultural lobbying propaganda, they don't gives a fuck if Clinton start a new war, they are rich, famous and love pretending they are on some "intellectual satirical" war against the establishment.

They are still people who can't accept this show is now irrelevant, totally political and bluepilled?

This is all true, except for fag oppression. Mostly because I dont believe in it

Most nostalgia fags I know weren't even around during the time period they are nostalgic for. One yearns to go back to the fifties because he believes it to have the best values. He's only thirty and just wants a wife he can control financially. Another is really in to the nineties despite being only twenty.

No it's fucking retarded.

The new Star Wars films was "muh progressiveness" incarnate, it was pandering to the people who would vote Hillary, not the other way around.

Most "90s kids" were born between '95-'98. You won't be remembering most of the '90s unless you're at least 30.

why I have the feeling that Trey and Matt finally snapped after hearing "old south park was better" too many times?

I agreed with everything those berries said. Especially the Reagan stuff.

I put suppression on purpose. Meaning people just didn't give a shit about their dumb opinions on shit and didn't let them put their opinion on literally every subject, including cartoons.

Oh look, this thread AGAIN for the, what, 30th? time...

Do you fags just get so bored in your echo chambers that you have to drag this shit to here?

The truth hurts.

Because you pretty much had to wait a year before you could even openly criticize it and not be called a nostalgic contrarian, misogynist or bigot because there were so many SJWs and rabid fans praising it.

You see people who aren't "redpiiled" or whatever you call yourself, thought it was a piece of shit because of They couldn't give a fuck about blacks storm troopers or gurl powa

I miss when the plots were centered, mostly atleast, in just their town. Now it seems all their adventures are on a global scale.

>the only reason you don't like it is because it makes fun of you
Like clockwork.

Those were all fucking great things.

God-tier
>The past

Good-tier
>The future

Shit-tier
>The present

You legally can not disagree.

Only the news is worse now

There were alot of shitty 90s music and movies that nobody remebers.

'Member Tarkin?

I laughed when the berries sang Toto's Africa.

Politics, witch hunts, people literally suicide bombing, anti-sex culture.

So they actually did some good this season

member the moffship?
memer the mofference room?

Is this season an attempt at anti-humor?

"Make America great again" implies some degree of looking fondly on the past.

Not new.

None of this is 2010s specific.

Friendly reminder

>"Cartman" is an ad
>The real Cartman has been in hiding the whole time, developing his master plan, and will swoop in at the end to save the day

>it was shit for more than one reason

Who knew!

>starts a new war
Threadly reminder that the Syrian war has been on for 5 years and the US have been involved in it for 2.

>mfw a black friend of mine told me she wishes she lived in the 20s

Nostalgia has always been a concept subject to ridicule, and for good reason.

As it should be. It was about time somebody breaks the nostalgiafags' glasses

How long has it been since thre has been a good cartoon?

Maybe a year, depending on your tastes, except if upcoming good cartoons count too in which case 0 amount of time.

>the US have been involved in it for 2.

what fucking witch hunts

>anti-sex culture.
What?

My mistake, 4 years actually.

>it's a drumpfkin's hurt feelings episode

Americans are still ridiculously prudish compared to other cultures when it comes to things being even remotely sexual. It's to the point where they will find sexual content where there is none.

That's not really anything new, and it sure as fuck wasn't any better in the past. If anything people are gradually getting away with way more shit now than they could in the 00s.

The whole thing with an all white country with minorities in their place no muslims in place, just like after WW ll. Obviously that's imposible but some people member.

I thought we were the source of jewish subterfuge or something though.

Trump is our savior!

cornellsun.com/2016/11/10/professors-cancel-class-responding-to-shocking-election-results/

If you say so kiddo.

Nostalgia can be fucking toxic if you let it.

Blaming nostalgia for Trump never completely made sense to me though. I don't think "my state is in a continual downward economic spiral and all our jobs are being outsourced for the benefit of major population centers while we all die of heroin addiction and lack of health care" is nostalgic.

I wonder if they're gonna bring Wikileaks back.

>"my state is in a continual downward economic spiral and all our jobs are being outsourced for the benefit of major population centers while we all die of heroin addiction and lack of health care
The answer to all of these problems is increased government spending, more jobs to support healthcare to stop addiciton and fight unemployment, we've got it here in britain.

>music
No way. I'll take Dethklok and BabyMetal over Limp Bizkit or Omega And The Mechanical Animals in an attosecond.

Sure they we're, but only a retard thinks it's possible to go back to all that.

his entire campaign is make america great AGAIN.

Nanny states are cancer to the human soul.

theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/19/extreme-surveillance-becomes-uk-law-with-barely-a-whimper

Well I think memberberriers are a good thing!......in moderation

>The answer to all of these problems is increased government spending

But that hasn't worked in Britain.

Sure, it's nostalgia for a time that never really existed as they envision it. But nostalgia for when you had a decent job and could support your family isn't naive or childish, its the basic drive that gets leaders elected. And I think it's wrong and a little meanspirited to directly associate "remember Toto?" with "remember when uncle Pete was alive?". Bernie was the only candidate who really seemed driven by progress and shit, and I don't think he would have a good time as President given his track record.