Is there anyone here that even likes him? If so, why?

Is there anyone here that even likes him? If so, why?

read it a long time just for the art since bendis pulls the best artists, but even I dropped it after this new reboot

considering he's not a keyhole into seeing the happenings of the ultimate universe, there's literally no point to him at all

I like him

His book is better than Peter Parker's

also his suit looks better

>His book is better than Peter Parker's

Having to pick between Bendis and Slott is like picking between whether you wanna eat a Hippo's turd or a Rhino's turd.

I don't hate him. I'm just completely indifferent to him. I think he'd be a lot better if they took him away from Bendis and allowed him to be an actual character.

>allowed him to be an actual character

What did he mean by this?

I mean I like having a younger Spider-Man who's black, but Spider-Punk scratches that itch. And he's only had like two stories vs. the five years Miles has been around.

It's mostly because Miles doesn't have a strong personality. He can't stand out in any ensemble cast he's in unless he's singled out. Plus he's book is mostly comprised of drama I don't really care about and focuses on the supporting cast more than Miles himself.

Give him a personality, better supporting cast, move away from the spider mantel, give him his own environment, give him his own unique challenges.

>move away from the spider mantel

No

that's fucking stupid

it's nice to have another Spider-Man who doesn't have the exact same powers Peter Parker

Venom Shock is still stupid and too OP, but the camouflage was a really cool idea. There's more to spiders than just spider-webs.

I hate how many spider-people are part of the Marvel universe and they all have the same cut and paste powers

>I hate how many spider-people are part of the Marvel universe and they all have the same cut and paste powers

Spider-Woman has different powers

How is that stupid? In 1610 the character was defined by Spider-Man being gone, so there was someone who needed to fill that void. In 616 that void does not need to be filled, the only logical progression is to have him move on as a new persona.

Also Tarantula and Blood Spider. Camo is still a bit OP though, especially when they have spider sense and super agility, you need a character's powers to balance out.

Because he has Spider powers. What else would he be? He can't just up and decide to be Iceman one day. He's got spider powers, he's SPIDER-MAN.

Peter doesn't have to be gone for there to be another Spider-Man.

I think that user was joking that is Miles new book, bendis waste like 7 pages of Peter saying "hey you suit is cooler than mine"

Nerf his venom blast so he's forced to develop a personality.

Does he have his own villains or is he just using Peter's?

I like him because he's BLACK and not WHITE. That's right klan boys. Get over it.

>Nerf his venom blast so he's forced to develop a personality.

Those two things have nothing to do with each other at all

I'm not saying moving away from the spider theme. I'm saying move away from the Spider-Man name, in 1610 it was for a reason, here it's just kinda dumb and it reminds the audience how pointless he is in 616. I honestly believe that in order to flesh this character out he needs to move onto a new identity.

Seeing a character struggle always ads to their personality.

Wow, what fucking autism

I bet Spider-Verse made you struggle with suicide

Bendis get the fuck off here and learn to write

No, but having his personal quest to be the next Spider-man, and nothing but, makes him boring. Especially since he's in a universe where Peter is still alive, and will stay alive forever. It's a goal that's never going to come to fruition, so there's no real reason to follow his journey since we already know that the destination will be forever out of reach.

Now if he could find another goal to strive for in the meantime, say searching for his Uncle who somehow came back to life after Secret Wars. Then that would be something to get invested in.

Okay so what about his current problem with Carol wanting to arrest him for killing Cap in the future?

That doesn't count?

It has to be related to power levels or it doesn't count?

he's just one of many affirmative action characters introduced, so I have a hard time forming any kind of opinion about him. Asian Hulk and Lady Thor are way more competently written and engaging.

Says the one who's aping out over me being completely honest. You still haven't explained why he /has/ to be Spider-Man.

>alt-right shitposting

kill yourself

>Lady Thor
>way more competently written and engaging

Something that we know for a fact wont effect the character whatsoever because of Marvel Now(er). Ergo, no development has hapened and Miles' name will be cleared.

If he solves every problem with a venom blast then he doesn't have to develop a solution to beat his enemy and that makes him stagnate as a character.

He's Spider-Man because he has spider powers

I don't know how you can't understand that

he's not Fire-Man, he's not Strong-Man, he's not Banana-man. He has fucking SPIDER powers

If you think he should be anything other than Spider-Man you have brain deformities

But what he said isn't wrong. Clearly this is the result of company pushing.

>company pushing.

Does Bendis run the whole company now?

Yes.

He's not wrong.

While I find her boring, way too serious, and sort of a mary-sue in the way she's somehow better than Thor at everything, at least she has a personality. Unlike Miles, she doesn't have any trouble standing out on a team.

>Who is Arana
>Who is Devil-Spider
>Who is Spider-Queen
>Who is Scarlet Spider
>Who is Blood Spider

Please read more comics. Just because he's spider themed does not mean he has to be Spider-Man.

that works

The problem with Miles is that he's fucking bland and riding off Spider Man's name. What potential he had before, is gone for me. I do not care anymore. Hes Bendis's pet project he keeps pushing and it drives him insane that people wont see him as the true Spider Man. You want to fix Miles? Kill him off for a decade, then revive him under a different spider related hero name. Or hell retcon him explaining the Ultimate origin or SOMETHING.

Is Bendis the only one making all those new characters?

>Just because he's spider themed does not mean he has to be Spider-Man.

So why doesn't Peter just change his name if that's the case?

Because he's the original Spider-Man.
Jesus user you are dense.

Bendis created Miles Morales

So anyone who thinks there was some pressure from higher up in the company to create him for some diversity quota is just a moron who really has no idea what is going on

slott too.

You're the one replying to bait

I like the idea of him. I like his powers even though the venom strike needs to be toned way the fuck down (say, turn it into a temporary stun thing instead of insta-win fight ender), and I like what personality he has; I like the idea of a quiet, sardonic introvert, and straight man characters can easily work well if you give them others to play off.
He just needs to be given to someone who can actually write. He has no good stories.

Because he's Spider-Man. That's like asking why Superman doesn't change his name to Outstanding-Guy. He was there first.

The problem I have with his supporting cast is that they take too much focus away from Miles.

I don't care about Ganke being sad because he's fat, I don't care about Miles' dad being grumpy, and I REALLY don't care about Miles' grandma being a turbo-bitch. I just want to see him fight crime.

He hasn't been in a real fight since issue #1 and #2

Thor doesn't go by Thor anymore

He's just "Odinson" because he passed the title on

No one is saying specifically him. They're saying there was a company mandate to push more diverse super heroes to cash on on the PC trend. That's how the big two operate, that's why we had the Extreme 90's.

because he's the first spiderman. The original spiderman. We should give it to the black kid be a use he's black?

>No one is saying specifically him.

Then it's kind of irrelevant here

No dickass they can BOTH be Spider-Man

There's 2 Captain Americas right now

Thor is no long capable of being Thor (Which is bullshit because that's his name, the book should have been called "Jane Foster: Goddess of Thunder.")

>he's just one of many affirmative action characters introduced

It's completely relevant.

Which is stupid

But Peterhasen't passed the title, he's and always be the real spiderman and as long he keep seling more merch than Miles thats never going to change, the should just call Miles Spider-kid, kid arachind or maybe he could be AraƱa now, he's pocho half latino

no man, that's autism

literally "not muh Spider-Man"

You stupid motherfucker.

No it's "Two Spider-Men is stupid".

Green Lantern. Flash. Blue Beetle.

user don't take the bait, he's just fucking with you at this point just let it die

DC characters.

Nice bait thread faggots

So what?

It doesn't matter you massive shitsucker

how many Ghost Riders were there? 5?

Fucking get over it you stupid motherfucker, Miles is Spider-Man and he always will be

Are they somehow exempt? What makes two Flashes or two Beetles any different to two Spider-Men or Captain Americas?

>Miles is Spider-Man and he always will be
Yeah until they need to promote more merch and he fades into obscurity

>bait thread.

I legitimately wanted to know and no one seems to be able to post a legit reason other than "he has a cool power."

I just plain don't care about him.

You cared enough to post about it

Why do you have so many Miles pictures saved?

DC doesn't pander to a liberal leftist SJW agenda.