It's gonna suck isn't it

it's gonna suck isn't it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7A07qzrVyIY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not only that but its attempting to sully the original

It's gonna be an action movie. Which the first definitely was not

Villeneuve directing inspires confidence, but everything I've seen and heard about it makes it look like shit. I'd love to be wrong.

>anything with Crusty Grampa Harrison "please kill my characters i dont want to act anymore" Ford
>good
Least he could do is put on a fucking shirt.

Everything about the original that isn't the effects shots sully it.

Honestly i watched the original yesterday and i didnd't quite got it.

Sure there were false humans being bred for slavery, sure blade runners would locate them and retire them, sure there were this last breed that was pretty damn special, so he found them, and he killed them but apparently some of them if not all would die anyway after 4 years so why even bother?

am i retarded? did i missed something? can someone spoonfeed me what the fuck is there to "get"?

When i heard Villeneuve was directing I had hope but the marketing and all the news about it has made me drastically lower my expectations.

With the way studios are set up now I don't any movie with a budget this size can be any good. Look at Deadpool. No studio would make it the way the director wanted to and they had to self fund it. In the end its one of the most fun and profitable movies in the last 5-6 years.

They have so many algorithms now and boxes to tick.
>China content compliant
>Merchandise
>Foreign box office
>Always set up for a sequel
>Pander to current political winds
>Tick the cameo box for the nostalgia feels

And there is all kinds of bullshit I'm not even aware of. These and more choke films to death.

you have no idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=7A07qzrVyIY

Go to 03:30

It's a fight scene, notice the pseudo shaky cam and all the cut shots to avoid graphic violence.

This scene could have been so much better!

>Look at Deadpool
stopped reading. fuck off with your capeshit, plebbitor

He's an old lazy asshole now. Didn't you watch star wars ep 7?

Ridley Scott has gone mental. This is going to be a steaming turd.

I wouldn't it past this faggot to try and tie this IP with Alien too so be careful of that.

>It's a fight scene, notice the pseudo shaky cam and all the cut shots to avoid graphic violence.

It looks like it was shot on a video camera

This

Its gonna be very lovecraftian

$

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a TV show? I really don't like the look of digital.

>fight scenes
>in bladerunner

oh yeah remember all of those fight scenes in bladerunner? All two of them? And even then those weren't really fights.

But dude, digital totally looks better than film /s

The budget is 185 million. 185 MILLION and it looks cheap as fuck. Should've used 35mm film to make it look somewhat worth 185 million.

Yeah, it's a shame, it just looks way too sharp and clean for the dirty, hodgepodge atmosphere of Blade Runner. Though the digital is only part of it, they could at least have shot it with old or imperfect, softer anamorphic lenses like TFA which would have gone some ways in matching the look.

Deakins has done some amazing work, but I haven't really been impressed with his most recent, digital stuff.

I'm getting lovecraftian vibes from it

TFA was shot on film.

I know, but the optics also play a big role. 2049 was clearly shot with very good spherical lenses, which just lets the digitalness shine through even more.

Rogue One looks a bit better, shot on digital, guess it was the lense.

Film just looks better. I have no idea why these big budget directors are going for digital, especially when it comes to Blade Runner, it's supposed to be grittier, dirtier and more cinematic looking.

yeah

everyone is a replicant

jared leto's casting fucked it

It seemed as though Sup Forums was on board with this just a couple days ago. What happened?

>but apparently some of them if not all would die anyway after 4 years so why even bother?
yes you're retarded. they were going on a killing spree to track down a cure for their imminent demise hardwired into them by the tyrell corporation

well the first one was boring as shit, so there's nowhere to go but up

fight with the snake replicant, fight with the mentally retarded one, fight with the acrobat, fight with the nazi one. 4 fights

Thank god someone here knows what they're talking about. The point you made resulted in Tyrell's own demise.

pretty sure he saw the script of that and said "yeah ok but can you kill me in it"

I don't blame him for jumping ship

Which all lasted less than a minute and Deckard got his ass kicked every single time and there's was just a complete lack of grace in general.

Deckard would only win because he got lucky. There was no finesse and fancy camera work going on. Like I said, barely even your typical movie "fight" scene.

what do you want, 30 minute anime tier battles where they each power up 3 times

I dont want any fucking fight scenes, my point was the fancy schmancy fight scenes in this new one are retarded.

I prefer the originals because at no point you believe Deckard was invincible. I like seeing protagonists get their ass kicked.

soundtrack and atmosphere are still amazing

Is this an ad for Hanes?

I honestly see it as a 50/50 shot at this point

Please, the cinematography and production design is god-tier. There's barely a pedestrian or ugly shot in the movie, and the ratio of screenshot-worthy ones is insanely high.

It's the sequel no one asked for, yet it's gonna exist for sake of money.

they should have done it 30 years ago like all other cashins, but t-bh the trailer looked good

all current movies have flawless cinematography. you think that makes a movie good?

yes, ridley scott is a fucking moron hack piece of shit who has never made anything good without extensive help from his team

You're kidding right? The first movie was nothing but a non-stop series of walls and boxes that Harrison Ford is thrown into.

No but it will flop hard

Also you missed that Ford was himself a replicant.

yes

No and no and that wasn't even the issue.

but this isnt directed by Villeneuve it's just a short directed by some hack

If I was ford i wouldve said no to the new starwars film, just to piss off the jews.

being 90 a fuckton of money aint shit when you're already han solo and indiana jones

Yes. Blade Runner 2049 is going to suck.

Denis Vileunneuvueneue is a great director. I love all his films, especially Enemy, but Hollywood has a history of pulling this bullshit where they find a great director and use his name to get people to see the film, and then they completely butcher it. Sony did this with Mark Webb's Spiderman films, Marvel with Edgar Wright's Ant Man, or Josh Trank with Fantastic Four. I'm pretty sure the same thing is happening here, and Denis has little to no actual control over the actual film. The studio is just using his name.

Plus the trailers make it look exactly like Ghost in the Shell, so that's worrisome.

>Ford was a replicant.
My all time favorite meme.

Holy fuck that beautiful grain

Did you watch the Final or Directors cuts? It totally fits with PKDs mindset also.

>mark webb
>not a literally who

Dick never made Deckard a replicant, Ridley Scott is the retard that says/implies he is.

No way user, why would a modern reboot of an old movie or franchise be bad?

I suspect the film will initially come down hard on one side of the "Is Deckard a Replicant?" fan theory up until the very end where it becomes ambiguous again, just so whenever nerds are debating it they *have* to pull evidence from this shitty movie in either direction.

It's a great movie, but why would they even make slave robots sophisticated enough to question their own existence?

These, as you put it "false humans" display very human traits... their desire for survival brings it out.

And don't the humans seem... cold, methodical, maybe machine-like?

This sums up 90% of the subtext of blade runner

That's the twist of 2049 the 4 year death thing wasn't 100% legit hence Bautista and Deckard still being around

Alien and Blade Runner have shared the same universe since Prometheus marketing

His movies are all over-rated and boring. The trailers look good though.

>deckard
fuck off retard

it can't be worse than the original, which is a gigantic bore.

He was great in TFA

Fuck off Ridley, go take your meds.

I was surprised what a steaming pile of shit Covenant was. It should have been an easy sequel to Prometheus.

They were dangerous
They fucking killed Tyrell himself
4 years or not they are killing machines and must be stopped

I bet you're the same time of idiot who would call The Godfather boring because the first 40 minutes are all about wedding.

You stupid fucking kids annoy me.

the first godfather was entertaining enough, 2 and 3 are crap.

I find this defeated pessimism Sup Forums has about this reboot quite comfy. I like to read all these disinchanted posts, dunno why.

I'm not looking forward to it

What made the original great was it could exists with the book

Both stories fit well together making both feel like canon

yes

Nice spotting. Film is just so nice to look at, shame about the price.

this isn't even part of the movie, it's a vignette done by another director

nah he's just chill on weed and yoga desu

Ford is half Jew, how do you think he got his roles.

this won't be in the movie and directed by someone else.

Stop repeating that stupid meme. There was no contract forcing him to return for this movie, he did it on his own because he's a greedy asshole. And the decision to kill him is on JJ and Kasdan because they wanted to copy every fucking scene of ANH. An old mentor dies...

GOSLING AND LETO ARE GONNA CRATER THIS FUCKING SHIT!!!FACT!!!

Read the book

Ridley Scott haven't read the book, why should we. Sometimes a book adaptation goes in different directions, that doesn't mean it's bad. I heard the book is centered on the replicants rather than Deckard.

>yfw Gosling is a Blade Runner from the fake police station

it's going to be a Kafkaesque nightmare

the original films budget adjusted for inflation is about $67 million, the new films budget is $185 million and yet it looks hardly any better than a sci fy original series

is there some kind of sickening global conspiracy? is that why we are being subjected constantly to this pathetic digital trash?

Not really but there's all sorts of other things to the universe such as mood boxes, a religion called mercerism, artificial animals and such. In fairness the film and book are just very different but I still hate the idea that Deckard is a replicant.

it's called inflation bro

Grandpa Ford in a T-shirt is going to ruin it,

Harrison Ford looks disgusting -- nipples protruding -- in his blue shirt before the film audience. Very disrespectful.

>Reverse method acting
>When the character becomes the actor