So what was it that we learned from this film?

so what was it that we learned from this film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YuSCrkLzQt8
berklee.edu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was very Kafkaesque

miles teller can act. if you liked that, check out the spectacular now. its high shcool kino.

People who go to college for music shit are gigantic pussies who won't stand up for themselves.

that band geeks are fags

Drumming is hard

But I'm all grown up.

that miles teller has shit tier form while """""drumming"""""

these
congrats, you have a degree in performance for which you will never be asked

Greatness requires sacrifice and ungodly amounts of dedication

>Greatness
He became a well trained automaton, not actually an accomplished jazz musician.

Why didn't they use an instrument where you can actually tell if someone is good or not like piano? All drums are the same shit.

mgtow for life, fuck anyone who doesn't support your dreams, and thank god for mentors who want to see you succeed

Not to do it again

mgtow for life, chuck anyone who doesn't support your dreams, and thank god for mentors who want to see you succsneed

That bald people take trivial things way to seriously and lash out because they are mad at life for their baldness

I had forgotten about that. What a great little movie. Gotta watch it again now.

Jazz is fucking placebo shit

That you can fantasize all the hate as tough love.

Because the minuscule differences between performances makes the teaching seem that much more anal and extreme

ameoba

Never put an army drill seargent as a maestro.

This, but unironically. What a joke genre of music.

drumming is a meme

>claiming to know anything about music schools

here is the "real" deal if you go to a school that doesnt focus in music yeah its a waste why on earth would you go to the university of Seattle or even like penn state for music. its pointless not only will the teachers be incompetent but you also wont make any connections

that leads me to point number 2 if you do go to a school like berklee or juliard or the manhattan school of music it is worth your time if thats what you want to do. the connection you make to places like the Lincoln center, and with players like wynton marsalis makes your career.

also in my experience grads are more likely to higher other grads for gigs. ive had people choose me to play with them just because we both went to berklee

also the movie fucks up with music mentoring no one ever threw a cymbal at birds head, and this kind of aggression will kill any passion anyone has for music. all of my directors and instructors at berklee were the nicest and most helpful people ive ever met

/blogpost

t. berklee graduate who is on tour atm because eof his degree

I'm fucked if we know what we did.

you can't even spell berkeley correctly.

>youtube.com/watch?v=YuSCrkLzQt8

If you can't tell this guy's in a league of his own, you're musically braindead.

jazz is the most complicated and intricate genre of music, besides maybe some really weird compositional theory

>all drums are the same shit
in all other genres you're pretty much right accented beats are 1, and 3, and /whatisafill?/

but ive had really obnoxious and really good jazz drummers, because accents are random in jazz, and because a lot of jazz is improv you weed out people who are just hitting shit like apes, and people who have some finesse

y

practice with a fucking metronome

because its not berkley in California mong

its berklee school of jazz in boston

berklee.edu/

>jazz is the most complicated and intricate genre of music, besides maybe some really weird compositional theory

I cannot wait til Kim nukes Cali.

nah, he'll accidentally nuke mexico instead

stay mad, faggot. no one cares about your flyover state

The movie asks you one question: How far are you ready to go and is this will worth it?

where'd you find this picture of me?

on a serious note jazz has a lot in common with theoretical compositions like schoenbergs pieces

a lot of it is the atonality, and the building of tension you get from things like m7b5 and diminished chords

also the flat 7th added to most chords gives you the freedom to play a bit more chromatically, it also allows for some cool trick like relating "wrong" notes to the chord tones

dubs of turth

That Schillinger is more of a musician than he lets on.

There's a very thin line between tough love and psychotic abuse.

yet not his tempo, unfortunatley in real life there is drummers out of tempo who are in the top like that gun and roses faggot

I do

jazz can be pretty good when it's really loud and obnoxious with marshall fullstacks and overdrive/feedback.

That da cinematography speaks thousands words.

>he thinks the film was about music