700,000 Flips Turn Themselves In

nytimes.com/2016/09/06/world/asia/in-philippine-drug-war-little-help-for-those-who-surrender.html?module=WatchingPortal®ion=c-column-middle-span-region&pgType=Homepage&action=click&mediaId=thumb_square&state=standard&contentPlacement=1&version=internal&contentCollection=www.nytimes.com&contentId=http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/06/world/asia/in-philippine-drug-war-little-help-for-those-who-surrender.html&eventName=Watching-article-click&_r=0

archive.is/eXPSt

MANILA — Rayzabell Bongol, an 18-year-old mother and methamphetamine user, was afraid to die in President Rodrigo Duterte’s war on drugs in the Philippines. So she turned herself in to the police. They made her sign a pledge that she would never take illegal drugs again, then sent her home.

Once a week now, she is expected to attend a police-sponsored Zumba dance workout, where she gets a health check and a meal. Mr. Duterte “promised change,” she said at a recent class as three dozen other recovering addicts bopped and swayed to a blaring Latin beat. “As you can see, I am changing.”

Across the Philippines, the killing of some 1,300 drug suspects in the last two months has frightened hundreds of thousands of people like Ms. Bongol into turning themselves in. Officials cite the estimated 687,000 people who have surrendered, which vastly exceeded expectations, as evidence that Mr. Duterte’s deadly campaign is succeeding.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v0NoHN1TU5I
youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZoNnenIQFkk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

most powerful race in the world desu

>Obama BTFO how will he ever recover

only things wrong with his plan are that duterte is a commie nigger

>b-b-but muh trump of asia muh human rights y-you can't just kill murderous degenerates without muh fair trial

libshits btfo

> I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us.

His policies are more "get people working" type deals not "DUDE FREE SHIT LMAO" Sanders type deals.

Someone post the most powerful race in the world pic pls

Now THAT is a war on drugs

Stupid Americans need to get their fucked opinion that "everyone deserves freedom" and realize that there are literal subhumans running countries in the world and they deserve nothing than wanton violence in order to keep them in check

I hope the philippines becomes a world power because of this level of enforcement so that whenever liberals cry 'muh war on drugs' I can simply point to a real war on drugs and how well it worked.

i can get behind that desu, you work if you wanna eat desu

Yeah, he's completely uninterested in giving people free shit, and instead looks for people to do things- just more efficiently as he's revamped the 117(911/emergency system) and made actual progress in stopping any potential for a welfare state.

Say what you want, with Duterte being left leaning and all, but he seems to lean toward the right.

hes like fdr, but he puts druggies in wheelchairs instead of being in one himself

not bad

Duterte is not fulfilling his campaign promise. He said he would kill 100k and make the fish in manilla Bay fat. That's why I love Obama now.

Be patient!
youtu.be/v0NoHN1TU5I

Yes we need to stop degeneracy

youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ

This is the 'son of a whore' guy? Fucking based.

Hey who is that Politician in Austin that rates waifus and stuff?

Reminder that the war in drugs in America is a farce used to keep a steady stream of money flowing between law enforcement, big pharma and the South American cartels to increase the state's control on its citizens and neighbors. Also, if you are American and support killing criminals indiscriminately without giving them a chance for a trial, you actively shitting on the Constitution.

>less than 100 days
>1,700 killed
>6 year term
He's well on his way.

No shit dude who do you think you're talking to?

quote from article:
>leaving almost all of them to battle addiction largely on their own.
What do you actually want for these people? Their example is a methamphetamine user. There's not really much you can do for them... Even for opiate addiction treatment options are usually just opiates with a long half-life.
Sorry, but if you got yourself mixed up in drugs, it's up to you to get yourself back out of it. No one can endure your withdrawals for you, it's the flip side of the coin (c wut I did thar?).

How do heroin and meth users deal with the resulting backlash of not havixng the drug in their system? Do the philiphines have free hospital care for those that are addicts and need a substitute for their drugs? Or do they just dance salsa and die?

Meth is mainly the issue, and the withdrawals are not life-threatening.

I don't think they've thought that far ahead.

>american war on drugs
>U.S. federal government spent over $15 billion dollars in 2010
>State and local governments spent at least another 25 billion dollars.
>started 1971
>still ongoing

>philippine war on drugs
>started 2 months ago
>2000 killed
>700000 surrendered and under rehabilitaion
>cost not more than $1million dollars
>probably end this year

kek

I could not care less about the fate of degenerate druggies. (I'm going to receive down votes here but..) these degenerates have families that are torn apart by it. My brother is shooting up heroin upstairs right this very moment.

>just let the druggies kill them self
>just let the gangsters kill each other off

It doesn't really work that way, state enforced intervention ala Pinochet seemed to work a lot better than social media campaigns and tv commercials to curb drug use.

This. t b h.

They deserve it. kek

fucking based
drug dealers/pushers should be gassed

Best of luck flips. Show the world how it's done.

Their drugs are supplied by Mexico who can cross their borders easily, though.
Meanwhile, we are a bunch of islands in the middle of nowhere.

Theyre killing users as well as sellers?
That's fucked up.
The big reason people give for banning drugs is they fuck up the lives of people who take them, and your solution is to kill then, the ultimate life fucking act?

and in two months you caused almost as much harm as our decades of drug wars

>mfw shitskins/chinks think people shouldn't have freedom just because they're too dumb to handle it

What happens when black market drug prices increase and new dealers start selling?

b-but m-muh obama

nothing is impossible if you have right wing death squads

>started 2 months ago
>probably end this year

Mexico would've been off the charts with this stuff if they didn't live next door to a police station.

MOST POWERFUL RACE IN THE WORLD

Down votes? You might have to go back there bud.

Life is cheap. This is why you faggots lost the emu war, you know. Bunch of pussies.

>"war on drugs doesn't work"

Who started this meme?

Also
>700k addicts/criminals
This is why human rights laws were created, to prevent countries from fixing their shit given that any act that involves that many people be it whatever will breach human rights in one way or another. Then the government has to go to a court whose judges are elected by people who weren't elected and don't have to respond to anyone just like all the EU officials at best else they get freedomed

In two months, they destroyed inner city economies and multiple generations of families? You dumb cunt.

>I'm going to receive down votes here but..

is this bait? smells like bait.

pretty sure it's bait...?

We're a major staging area for drug shipments around here tho.

Literally the Mexico of Asia.

This isn't surprising.

When you have a war on something, the only way you're going to see good results is if you follow through all the way. Pussyfooting around with a yes/no/maybe policy of exceptions and excuses will only cause the problem to fester.

So should they continue to drown in hard drugs because its too painful without someone to hold their hand? The longer you let an illness go on the harder it will be to recover, but you just gotta do it when it is finally time. Their own fault for being degenerates in the first place.

>(I'm going to receive down votes here but..

Are they going after users or suppliers or everyone?

A REAL war on drugs works.

A western fake liberal limp-wristed """""war""""" on drugs ( really decriminalization -> propagation -> ultimate legalization) obviously doesn't.

Suppliers first followed by users. If you don't resist you don't get murked.

It is. I spent my entire work day on Reddit after a friend showed me how he made money on the advice of /wsb/. I only read their stuff though, I promise family :^)

read the article

they have a gestapo with captains that plant drugs and murder their opponents

And because it's so slow, the drug suppliers can just change the way they are doing business in the mean time.

I'm probably in the minority of Sup Forums in not supporting this, but... Why are liberals being surprised? Did they not think this would happen eventually?

>you will never put a pile of meth in the back of Hillary's car, shoot her and be given a medal

Instead of just trying to get rid of the supply they're getting rid of the demand as well.

Efficiency.
>always bitch that asians are soulless robots
>fail to see this coming

desu, I want them to take down those fucking middle class fedora tipping druggie hippes.

taking out fucked up hobos is fine and all, but those cunts really need to be put in their place.

stalin was a communist but he was based

You just kill the new dealers. What's confusing about this?

In the end even if they kill every dealer it won't be worth shit.
You'll always be able to buy whatever you want from the darknet.
Theyre just forcing the Phillipines drug trade to modernise

Hello comrade antonov

When I kicked cold turkey I just needed three days in bed. I wasn't that far along but it was hell and I felt like dying the whole time.

Meth I have no idea. I doubt it's a physical addiction like opioids.

Nice proxy, Mishka

Eventually, the price of life (risk of death) will overturn possible monetary gain.

>Kill degenerates
>Degenerates change
Holy fuck, pol was right again

>dealer
>this dude still thinks we're just going after dealers

The power to kill is going to be abused by the corrupt gestapo that allowed it to flourish in the first place. They will probably end up being the drug lords

>3D print your own drugs!

>President kills all dealers
>Massive market gap opens up
>He installs his own dealers
>Run the countries drug operations
Smart guy.

WHY ARE THEY SO FUCKING POWERFUL????

ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR

I spent Saturday morning and afternoon wit probably the worst hangover I've ever had. Legit puking up everything I tried to get down plus plenty of bile. My throat is still fucked up.

I can't imagine what heroin withdrawal is like.

How long has the american "war on drugs" been going on now? Has it done anything at all?

Im just going to make a wild guess here
But they will probably be shot and killed.
I dont think you understand the scale of his killings too well, friend. Its not just the dealers.
Its the dealers, smugglers, the users, and the bribed officials,all are getting hit by this
And it's making people from every branch involved in the trade afraid. For fucks sake, the users themselves are turning themselves in at this point and you have vigilante bounty hunters trying to go after the dealers. On top of all that, he actually seems to have the approval and support of the people. Thats unprecedented.

FACT:

That's it?
When I quit drinking it takes me a month of being unable to think about anything but drinking before the cravings stop

What's /wsb/?

Than that's a separate issue, corruption. If you catch someone doing this you make the punishment even worse.

you sniff again you see roaming death squads
youtube.com/watch?v=ZoNnenIQFkk

What a third world country.

I know the scale

1600 people.

>IM FREE
>IM NOT ALLOWED TO PUT CERTAIN CHEMICALS IN MY BODY AND EXPERIENCE CERTAIN PARTS OF LIFE

Czeched

die of OD, crackhead

>I'm free
>I'm not allowed to put a knife in your eye
What argument are you trying to make, druggie? Society has laws and norms that people abide by. Deal with it.

Anyone else think this guy is a secret Muslim laying the groundwork for Sharia?
I mean didnt he pledge a bunch of money to build Muslim only tv stations and shit?

Why isn't the UN going after him or whatever?

watchu practicing duerte?

>gommunism

you doing your mandatory ethnic cleansing?

>yes, but I call it a drug war instead.

>(I'm going to receive down votes here but..)

And people say violence is never the solution.
But again I doubt if mexico tried something like this it would work that smoothly, blood would literally flow in the streets if they even entertained the thought.

Buy g difference between harming yourself and harming others

>drugging yourself doesn't harm others

Why are you aussies so ready to support druggies? Every one of you fucks posting in this thread seem against this.

dumb nigger can't do math kill yourself

Wall Street betting. Sup Forumsbiz/ hangout on Reddit where they try and get rich quick.

/biz/ references them all the time, they aren't a bad community, it's impossible for an outsider to tell though what is bait and ironic and they end up bankrupting themselves all the time

Not that this would ever be an option, but Ibogaine has like 95% success right, and other psychedelic therapies are comparable.

this is going to turn Philippines into a mexico. once the prices increase cartels will spend money on hitmen and start targeting government officials.