What was the Hypest moment in Comic Book History?

What was the Hypest moment in Comic Book History?

Not this.

>that
>hype

lol

Damien v Joker near the end of Morrison Batman and Robin
Brainy laughing at the Time Trapper
Nick Fury outta nowhere in Secret Invasion
Final Crisis

Take that back

Ho, don't do it

Probably the first Crisis.

The covers and some pages are iconic until this day, and it shaped a good chunk of DC.

If not that, probably "Death of Superman" and the aftermath were the most hyped "arcs".

Death of Superman was announced in the fucking journal on tv on Brazil.

Detail: Hyped doesnt mean "good".

No.

THIS is how you start an event, folks!

What an embarrassing start, OP.

>being hyped over Damien

No.

EVERYONE HIT THE FUCKING FLOOR

Probably the Death of Superman. Oldfag here, that was a huge deal when it came out. They were talking about it on the major news networks and everywhere. Haven't seen anything get that much publicity since.

What the fuck is that

>yellow lantern superboy prime
just fuck my heroes up
jerks

Just imagine what the thread here would be like if Crisis was being storytimed on the morning it came out.

So sad I'll never see anything quite like that.

>Yellow Lantern Anti-Monitor
>Yellow Lantern Anti-Monitor'd Superboy Prime
>Yellow Lantern Hank Henshaw
>Sinestro, Parallax and Manhunters
"You came to the wrong universe, motherfucker"

Johann killing one of the 7 Ogdru while figuring out how to tap into infinite cosmic power and then fading away, happy he saved the day.

the hypest, most badass moment in all of Hellboy, a mere human(ghost) did the absolutely impossible.

the Batman v Joker fight at the end of Death in the Family was pretty hype

also Scanbros Spidey spoilers

I remember being in that thread when it was storytimed. When Batman had the crowbar everyone was losing their shit.

How's about the most unexpectedly hypest moment in (at least recent) comic book history?

The fact that this won't happen in Thor 3 makes me sad.

Now this is Hype

Link?

I didn't have a scene in mind when I came into this thread but I knew it had to be Cyclops related.

THE greatest bro in the entirety of comics.

Half of the things in Thor God of Thunder were pretty hype. Can't even pick a specific one.

Death of Superman was one of the most hype comic moments in history in the sense that even people who had never bought a comic book in their lives knew about it.

There were even news reports about it; consider that it was the 90's and news reports actually meant that this shit is getting featured on actual TV news and not some homo's hipster blog.

Sales went up for DC and many people talked about it in the days up to the release. It ended up also being one of the most overrated events ever and what people would later realize, a dissapointment.

I can't help you there, user. This happened when the issue first came out a few years ago and we still hung onto the small amount of hope that ANYTHING would come out of Death of the Family.

Was pretty hype at the time though. People were shouting "OH GOD HE'S GOT THE CROWBAR!" and "HE'S GOING TO DO IT!"

This.

Captain America's death was pretty huge too. Not necessarily hype, but was in the news and printed in newspapers.

This not being HYPE you are dead inside

I'm stick of everyone jacking off Franklin Richards.

Metro telling the JLA that they are but the forerunners after they recovered the Warlogog.

Or Superman Prime defending from the sun after DC One Million.

Has Bill ever been an asshole? I mean, this is Marvel, EVERYONE's been an asshole at some point

Metro telling the JLA that they are but the forerunners after they recovered the Warlogog.

Or Superman Prime defending from the sun after DC One Million.

Nope

Underage pls go

Battle Beast best beast.

Sorry, dialogue just makes it sound like Pokemon fanfic.

one of the dumbest fucking things I can imagine anyone ever dreaming of doing.

This was pretty fucking hype, in all honesty.

And it had multiple moments like this throughout the whole story.

Arguably Godhunter.

Well there was the time he blackmailed a species to leave their planet so that he could blow it up to starve Galactus. But he quickly realized he was in the wrong.

>The Butlering
That was fucking amazing

I actually was about to suggest this.

I remember Sup Forums when this happened. I have never seen so many reaction posts to a single image. Hell, I don't even remember if we had spoilers back then.

Was just an absolutely nuts reveal that set the tone for the entire event.

That was pretty lame, to be honest.

What was his logic here anyway? to draw Frank out to try to kill him?

>tfw you weren't around on Sup Forums for SCW
Fuck me.

Essentially.

See
and

THIS
BETTER
HAPPEN
(but Cap also has Thor's Hammer)

easily Cap's most badass moment ever, and he didn't even win, he just bought time, but he STOOD TALL.

Pretty much one of the best events to ever come out of a comic book.

I found secret wars
the hellfire club vs x-men
and the moon battle x-men vs shiiar crown guard
all pretty awesome
this was in early 80s

I enjoyed this scene a lot.

When my friends asked me why I really enjoy Punisher Max, I show them this.

Superboy Prime was pretty hype.
Probably because there were consequences

Like he kept ripping that niggers arm off.

People got HURT

That made it hype as hell

Put the gun down, sir!

Have you see the recent Thor issue where he offers his own Hammer to the depowered Thor?

Best.Bro

Eh, not sure if counts, but ...

Him having the hammer would kind of ruin the entire point.

This unironically a perfect page.

It says everything that you need to know
It's not just "Injustice good"
It's regular good

That should have been in the MCU when Cap did his "I can do this all day" line.

Can someone post that Spider-man page where he goes apeshit on the regulars on the pier?

>Sodam Yat is given the Ion entity
>powers him up extraordinarily
>already a Daxamite
>destined to be the greatest Green Lantern
>STILL fucking lost against SBP
Christ, man. The hype moments just kept on coming and coming.

I serious remember getting ready for elelmentry school and overhearing Katie Couric announce on the TODAY show that Superman has died. My mom and dad's attention was captured when she announced it. It 's the closest thing I'll probably experience to the JFK assassination. I guess 9/11 kinda eclipsed that though.

Despite it being retarded that Superman brought the fight to Smallville in the first place, this probably remains to be my favorite fight scene in a cape movie ever. Christ, it was just perfect and genuinely the first superhero movie action sequence that seemed like it was RIGHT out of a comic book.

How did Snyder fuck up with the action in BvS so badly? Only the warehouse scene with Batman were any good. The Doomsday fight sucked and was boring as hell, honestly.

Yep

SPB eating Kryptonite always gets me though
It's so gratuitous
I unironically love that arc

Reminds me of how the whole world had news about Godzilla's death.

I'd probably like this a lot more if I hadn't seen the JLA episode 60 times. It's "that episode" for me of the Justice League cartoon, where it's always the one that comes on when I decide to watch the show.

I hate that most of the art in the SBP vs. Ion issue was really bad.

But yes, it's one of the greatest events that ever went down in DC history. I remember being utterly OBSESSED over it, constantly re-reading every single issue, eagerly anticipating the next chapter. Why the hell hasn't DC been able to drag me into a new story like that?

I think the problem with the Doomsday fight was that it was held in a wasteland
There were no consequences.
There was nothing to ground the action.

The Smallville fight was great because fuck it was just happening in some small town.

I think Snyder got a little butthurt about everyone complaining about the collateral in Man of Steel.
So he said "Fine, you don't like collateral? We'll have them fight on an abandoned island"

Probably because you're older.
You'll never like things as much as you did as a younger person

I love how Mongul just KNOWS.

I mean, he still fights back pretty damn well, but he hears Superman shout his name and just knows he's seconds away from a real goddamn fight.

Fuck 'Whatever Happened to...', FTMWHE is the best official Superman story. I haven't read Supreme yet.

>I think the problem with the Doomsday fight was that it was held in a wasteland
>There were no consequences.
>There was nothing to ground the action.
Well that and not much actually happened, really. They kept on cutting away from the action, which really hurt it. There's no real pacing to it. With the Smallville sequence, there's no real break from the action entirely. We do get scenes of Superman vs. Nam-Ek and Faora vs. the soldiers intercut with one another but the action never breaks. Plus it was all choreographed better.

You're right in that there was nothing to really ground the action with the Doomsday fight. The Smallville fight was filmed in a real town. The dock or whatever in BvS was almost entirely CG and it kind of shows, really.

>I think Snyder got a little butthurt about everyone complaining about the collateral in Man of Steel.
>So he said "Fine, you don't like collateral? We'll have them fight on an abandoned island"
No one would've complained if the fight happened there for any reason other than Superman dragging Zod there. And maybe if he was able to actually get them both out of there and into some vast corn field or something.

THEY DIDNT EVEN TAKE HIS MASK OFF FFS

death of superman

Idk, the only thing that's gotten me super hype since the nu52 (other than Rebirth) has been The Multiversity, which did get pretty hype with the Guidebook and the final issue.

Then again, I didn't read Forever Evil, which was supposed to be pretty damn good.

Why would they?

I like the Justice League episode and I really like Newman as Supes.

But the way he says "Burn." has never resonated with me.

When I read the comic, the "Burn" Supes says is so dripping with loathing. It's almost conversational

But in the cartoon, it's an angry "Burn!".

He's just perfect. There's nothing more to discuss.

>ywn share a drink with Beta Ray Bill
Kill me

Forever Evil is ok
But it has a ridiculously fast pace
Like "Oh this character is a threat. Nope, wait, they're gone. Ok, moving on"

I think modern DC (and comics in general) are just totally afraid of "killing the golden goose"

The status quo has them just barely staying alive.
They want to try things to have more people buy, but there's an underlining pressure of "If we don't go back to having our sellers in their regular style, we'll go bankrupt"
So all modern crossovers are very short and very high paced.

>the butlering
>not the Butlerian Jihad

One fucking job user.

Same. Also ommiting the MONGUL! was such a weird decision, since that was the most chilling part of the issue.