Tfw DC spent years building you up as a perfect successor to Bruce to the point that they even killed you Dad

>tfw DC spent years building you up as a perfect successor to Bruce to the point that they even killed you Dad.
>Grant Morrison kiboshes it and makes Dick Grayson the second in line with Damian Wayne clearly going to inherit it one day.
>Solo book tries to position you as a successor to Ras Al Ghul
>Damian Wayne already exist.

Being Tim Drake is suffering

Nobody likes that piece of shit generic Robin anyway

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the point of Morrison's run. Dick being the immediate successor was always how it worked.

>tfw DC spent years building you up as a perfect successor to Bruce to the point that they even killed you Dad.
That era was huge character assassination for Tim Drake. He went from the Robin defined by being sort of mediocre and suburban to the psychotic super-detective who must surpass Batman and everybody in the entire world by being too dangerous. Dick Grayson was a far better choice to putting on the cowl, even as he didn't want to do it.

Also Tim Drake being Ra's successor was stupid and obviously was never going to happen.

>Also Tim Drake being Ra's successor was stupid and obviously was never going to happen.
That also wasn't even the point of the story, I don't know why people think it was. If anything THAT is the story that was trying to set Tim up as Bruce's successor, as it ended with Ra's acknowledging him as Bruce's equal (or a rough approximation thereof at least).

Not really, up till (and even during, really) Morrison's run, Dick really had no interest in becoming Batman. And to be entirely honest, I'd find it much more interesting if they'd just play up the idea that none of them were going to become Batman, because being their own heroes and rejecting this "there has to be a Batman" shit is a lot better I think.

Dick is the fill in, Damian is the successor.

Not having an interest means nothing. Tim not wanting to be a cape forever is also part of his core personality. Neither of them can escape bat-responsibility.

Hi Damienfag.

Tim Drake personifies everything forgettable about the 90's.

Morrison sucks

nah

they are all shit and keep stealing Batman's stuff

Ra's went from being a guy that wanted to save the planet to a guy obsessed with kids

Dick/Nightwing is the only good one because he actually has a purpose and bring something original to the mix.

I always felt it would be cool if after Bruce died they all took up the mantle and worked together using their different strengths to compensate for their own weaknesses.

Dick has of course the acrobatics, but more importantly the leadership skills to hold the team together, and make connections such as the Justice League.

Jason is the brute force, the violent combat side of Batman, the fear and interrogation, and all that good edgy stuff.

Tim is the tech support and detective side of Batman, the brains behind the operation.

Damian stays the new Robin or some shit. Learns new shit from all of the previous Robins.

Yeah, I thought the same sort of thing, would have been a way cooler take on the Batman Inc. concept I think.

>Jason is the brute force,
Didn't he get beat up by an old lady in the last crossover event.

Mother? She beat up everyone.

>but more importantly the leadership skills to hold the team together

That's Batwoman.

>Not really, up till (and even during, really) Morrison's run, Dick really had no interest in becoming Batman.

>Dick becomes Batman2
>Tim and Jason become their own things
>Damian becomes Ra'sbat
This is how it should be.

You know what I want to do with Tim? Make him retire from being Robin and join the FBI. Basically the Fed's recruit him from Batman, they could use someone of his talents and skills.

Tim becomes the Federal Robin or Agent Robin later. He ends up leading the FBI's taskforce against super-villains since he has the experience dealing with them. Although most people don't know he was a Robin in the past.

I just think in this world of super heroes the government would try and recruit/work with some of them. They wouldn't let so many private citizens doing their job for them.

This kind of sounds like a retread of Dick becoming a cop.

Tynnion pls

Any Robin old enough to work should have a day job in either law enforcement, the company or a brothel.
It would take too long to get a degree. He could be an FBI intern!

you could probably do a pretty good thing with Tim, Babs, and Spoiler acting sort of like Snake and Hal in MGS2, going around de-escalating conflicts by destroying doomsday devices and inhumane armaments

I LIKE TIM BECAUSE I CAN RELATE TO TIM

AND ALSO BECAUSE THE DETECTIVE IN DETECTIVE COMICS IS OFTEN NEGLECTED

Fuck off with this compartmentalization bullshit. The Robins don't each represent some specific archetype, that's such an elementary way of differentiating the characters.

Also Morrison giving Dick a massive power-up and having him become Batman basically saved the character, Tim was doing just fine as Red Robin.

Didn't know Dick became a Cop.

This would be more over time.

Dick becomes Nightwing, his own hero.

Jason becomes Red Hood, his own hero.

Damian eventually becomes Batman, following his father's legacy.

Tim joins the FBI/CIA being the Bat-Family's sort of "inside man" although the government thinks it's the other way around.

That's where I got this idea from. What's the most detective group out there in the real world? The FBI.

Pig Dick was his gimmick in Nightwing. I'm not sure it worked particularly well for him, but that may be because his personality doesn't really fit a beat cop.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I loved the Red Robin run. But if anything I think it showed Tim would be better suited to take over one day.

The problem with Tim is that he never got a decent identity after he left the Robin one like Dick did. He doesn't even work as a Robin to Dick, because their personalities are too similar, and the Dick/Damian dynamic is too good to pass up.

Tim should have been the new Ted Kord

>robinfags overestimating their importance yet again

>90's DC
>forgettable
Get a load of this fucking casual.

Morrison always meant for Damian to die at the end of his story. He was never meant to stick around but he was popular and he avoids a lot of the awkwardness of Bruce continuing to adopt random young boys as he is his actual son. So DC wants to keep him as Robin.

Except now Bruce has basically adopted Duke

>training someone = adopted

Duke isn't Robin so he will be irrelevant eventually once Synder quits writing him.

>Damian eventually becomes Batman, following his father's legacy.

Fuck no. Even Morrison showed that Damian would be an awful and edgy Batman.

Why people want Damian to become Batman? Just because he's biological son? Fuck that.

They should follow the Kingdom Come route with him. Have Damian take control of the League of Assassins, but remain a good guy and ally of Bruce.

>he avoids a lot of the awkwardness of Bruce continuing to adopt random young boys as he is his actual son.

HOW?

People really think that because Damian Wayne is Bruce Wayne's son that writers and editors will stop pushing new Robins, Batgirls and other side-kicks?

They won't. Bruce will never stop being Batman. We will die and he will remain as Batman, and over the years the Robins and Batgirls will grow and new ones will come to take their place. They will always be new Robins, Batgirls and other side-kicks.

If it didn't stop with Dick, nor Jason or Tim, why would it stop with Damian?

It doesn't help that he's the most boring Robin to have ever existed. Even Joker doesn't want to kill him.

Make him spy
That work at grayson

It's so gratifying to see someone else think this. My Tim was the nerdy fuck who hung out with Ives and was a bright but average kid who got to do some really cool shit.
Batman Jr. phase ruined the character and poisoned the fanbase.

>>tfw DC spent years building you up as a perfect successor to Bruce to the point that they even killed you Dad.
Well this was fucking retarded and destined to be a failure from the start.

>Tim became grayson no.2
Tim can never be someone original, I guess.

>Nightwing leads, Timmy Does Machines
>Jason's cool but crude
>Damian is a party dude

FOH with that nonsense.

Damien is literally the most fanfiction-tier piece of shit in modern comics.

I mean he's the son of Batman and Talia, he was trained as a badass super ninja murderer, he talks back to his parents and can beat up Dick, and Bruce loves him more than all the other Robins combined. And his name is DAMIEN. That's like a 14-year-old's edgy wet dream.

Damien should have stayed dead. His story was over.

My fucking god.
>Dick is blue
>Jason is red
>Damian has yellow somewhere on costume, right?
Now we just need purple costume for Tim and we're set.

hmm yes I agree, making everyone the same is much more interesting

I wish Duke and Harper got paired up and sent back to their home planet. Two worst OCs this side of Miles Morales.

Wish they'd give Dick his long hair again.

No one that likes any of the Robins has any right to complain about any other character

He was a modern take on the audience surrogate role Robin was originally supposed to be. He was a cipher for readers to project on. Then DC went and filed down all the edges that made him even slightly original.
They took the bits that made him unique (his dad, his mostly normal home life, etc.) and threw them away.
They took away his group of friends and made him lead the Teen Titans for the last 13 years.
They tried to kill Dick to give him more room to go and the writers revolted.
When it came time to branch out past Robin, instead of giving him room to grow, they gave him Dick's Kingdom Come identity.
He's part of a legacy he can never truly escape. He's perma-stuck in Dick's shadow because DC doesn't know what to do with him.

IIRC Damian's only ever beaten up Tim. You sound salty.

Nah. Dick is the franchise he's been there for 76 years. Jason works because he's a villain. Damian works because he's the one they're trying to save and because everyone likes Batdad.

I like Duke, though.

Duke is basically old Tim anyway
and Harper was Jason + Tim in a single character

Ah yes, reducing multi-faceted decades-old characters down to acrobatics and leadership or tech and brains is so much better.

This. I prefer all my characters to be a boring grey mush where everyone is equally good at everything. That way, there's never any conflict or challenges.

Duke in King's book is basically old Tim because he's perma-stuck in the bat-cave and doesn't get much development. Duke as a character is practically nothing like old Tim. In WAR and the Snyder books Duke is more independent, less bougie, more haunted, less nerdy, etc... Duke feels more grown than Tim ever has.

Kyle and Tim are the most boring, banal characters DC have. They serve nothing but reader self inserts and everyone else literally outshines them. Only Wally managed to escape from this because Barry is the one who is reader self insert.

Make Tim the Robin who retired and had a normal life. His glory days are over, let him stay with some dignity.

Yeah, it was a serious mistake to try and turn Tim into Batman jr. I used to like Tim but around mid-noughties or so he just turned into shit. And the gary stueism just got progressively worse.

The best idea for Batman's successor is that Dick, Jason and Tim share the role.

Tim as Batman in Detective Comics
Dick as Batman in Batman and Robin
Jason as Batman in The Dark Knight
All three appearing in Batman and Justice League

DUKE SUCKS:

Synder Pls.

Dick and Tim are based tier, Jason is passable

Disregard everyone else

Daily reminder that Tim had his own solo for a decade, longer than any other Robin by far.

No One Cares,

Tynion plz go

This. The point of Damian's arc is that he gets to choose his own path, and not become what his mother wants him to be

Tim was meant to be an audience-insert character. Now he's a "smart" stereotype from CSI

The only excuse Tim fans have to defend Tim's "worthiness" and it's quite the useless and stupid excuse.

Steph as Batgirl in Detective Comics
Barb as Batgirl in Batman and Robin
Cass as Batgirl in The Dark Knight