Games that could be made into a solid Kino

Games that could be made into a solid Kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MQ2_2Rik3y4
youtube.com/watch?v=UYKLGX9-_4Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalker_(1979_film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SOMA would be unironically lovecraftian kino not even memeing

Shame that asking for halfway decent horror movies is more unreasonable than asking for peace on earth.

>game turned into a movie
>cut out all the gameplay aspects
>seemed like it lacked something after watching it

Most great games are too long/complicated to be explained in under 3 hours

Shove kino this up your lovecraftian dickholes!!! Fuckin nerds.

have I told you the definition of insanity? it's buying the same shit game over and over while expecting it to be good

Why the fuck is everyone using lovecraftian all of a sudden?

brouzoufesque kino

It would very likely be a one time movie, but it would be funny as fuck.

Probably because they're tired of the "someone goes crazy and kills everybody one by one" template used on basically every horror movie ever made.

River City Ransom

these

Lovecraftian kino

Mah nigga

Remove the fucking wolfman though. What the fuck were they thinking?

Seconding this.

I disagree. There'd have to be changes in order to make it work as a film narrative and what makes Hotline Miami work so well is how it works as a game. Change it and it's not as good.

Was legitimately rustled when there was no DLC to play as young Vaas growing into his circumstances. Ubisoft a shit

it's narrative is straight as it gets nigga wtf are you talking about

Thing is, the game itself is based on 80's cult classic/action. I think throwing in the animal mask elements could could add a thriller catergory into the mix, but you would really have to nail that aspect. All that being said, even the creators said that the games aren't about the story at all. Wrong Number is a mess of a story that they could attest too, but will tell you they didn't give a shit because it was about the gameplay.

Drive is about as close as you come to touching this kind of vidya kino.

The core of Hotline Miami is excessive amounts of hyperviolence. How's that going to work as a movie?

Dishonored is yet another example of a game with great backstory and setting and limitless potential being limited by subpar gameplay.

I win tbqh

Ge the Crank 2 director and I'm on board.

I really feel like a CG Toejam & Earl could make for a great comedy/adventure Kino.

Anybody even remember this game? I loved it growing up.

BETTER YET kinos that could be made into a solid game

Make your own thread you cuck

holy fuck yes I love T&E, I'm so pumped for Back in the Groove. I backed it on Kickstarter. Its shaping up really good to be an ode to its Genesis classic.

are you implying there aren't hyperviolent movies?

no, he is implying that there is literally no plot as much as you like to think there is one, and he would be right. Shooting a film that way is not considered film.

John Wick

>subpar gameplay

If you didn't enjoy planting bombs on rats, possessing the rat, and crawling up a guys butthole blowing his unsuspecting ass to kingdom come... we'll then I'm sorry you lack imagination.

your brouzouf is okay

Brotherhood of the Wolf 2001

This is basically a movie trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=MQ2_2Rik3y4

>protag guy is getting phone calls telling to perform hits and being threatened while losing his mind and having hallucinations
could use a lynchian aesthetic and you could go literally anywhere from here if you dont wanna use the game's bad ending. that's it, a simple plot is not a bad plot, in fact it would be easier to focus on the violence.

Or, you know, they could write a plot for the movie.

>cheeki breeki
youtube.com/watch?v=UYKLGX9-_4Y

Uncharted, Last of Us, Halo, Bloodborne, God of War, Overwatch, Shadow of the Colossus

>Overwatch

>overwatch
>story

?

>people actually suggesting online meme shooters

it's already in the works, you dumbass

oh, fuck
I've been trying to find this franchise forever. I used to play the japanese version of this on my snes so i had no ideia of what the name is.
You saved, dude

SOMA's story would make an excellent book or movie. But nobody even talks about it anymore and people have forgotten that game ever existed. Why did it fall off so fast?

This would actually be pretty cool

>Geralt_and_the_time_i_fucked_everyone.jpg

>Why did it fall off so fast?
huh?
I know it's anecdotal but SOMA fucked me up so bad I still think about it for hours at a time sometimes.

It wasn't that great. It's full of plot holes and the ending was retarded, unless you accept that Simon was a retard.

said this before and will say it again

the reason you believe that a game could make potentially good movie is distorted by the fact that a game is interactive and thus more naturally immersive giving you the illusion that the story and setting is much better than it actually is

Not that guy, why did it fuck you up so bad? I haven't played it

I still cant believe an Onimusha movie was in the works at one point. I love Onimsha but i'm kinda happy it never happened since game movies are always shit.
Crazy how it was Heath Ledgers death that stopped it from happening

A mix of me overthinking things and the game's implications about existence and consciousness disturbed me at an extremely deep level.

None

It makes you question at what point do you stop being you. The MC of the game is literally a copy of his conscience from a hundred years ago, put into a robot body. He feels the exact same, but his "original" self has been long dead. And that's only the surface of how deep they go with that plot and story. It honestly does kinda fuck you up. I don't want to spoil anything, but it's worth playing or looking at on youtube,

A movie about the First Contact War could work.

Been there, done that. Mass Effect is too expansive and long to make into a movie. The joy of ME is all the characters and your own personal choices. I don't think it can work.

shantae

Would work much better as a TV series

Most likely nobody knows this game, but the world building in it was absolutely amazing. It could be a really good movie franchise or tv series.

It's unbelievable how much potential the ME universe has and how little Bioware and EA have done with it, killing the franchise

They would never do it justice

This. Was playing this game for third time right now and was about to make a thread about it until I saw this one.

Would be great as a 5 part 1-hour miniseries provided they get a good lighting expert and keep Metzen and the likes far away from it.

The FCW was a small skirmish that could definitely fit into one movie, and could most definitely work.

Could be a good tv series, something like SG-1.

Or they could finally make a good SG-1 game

It could only work if they do it smartly. Without the pretentiousness of Arrival, and without the campiness of Mars Attack. I doubt anyone can do it well, but I guess it's not a bad idea. Long as they expand on it later.

you could make a whole universe out of this shit

Make it as a spoof of the so common sport movies

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalker_(1979_film)

prob make a good comedy horror

Well I would hope they wouldn't do it idiotically.

Forgive me lads, but I think Destiny would make for a great MCU styled franchise. Only the movies focus on the main campaigns, and side TV series can focus on the Raids and Strike missions, as well as life in the Last City.

No guns or mutants, anomalies are invisible. Boring.

100% this

>A comedy having every stereotype about human, elves, orcs and dwarves uniting to fight a greater evil while playing Bloodbowl

I'd pay good money to watch it

Could've sworn I read that it was getting a Netflix series.

It will be a thing soon.
I just hope it will be more of a monster of the week thing instead of politics and stuff.

This could be pretty KINO

Only if it has cute elves

Well this is true for pretty much every game if it were to be adapted. Even Gothic 1 which is very small and short would be hard to adapt considering how much shit goes on in it.

So close.

Like Finland ?

>uniting

Fuck that. It should focus on an orc team striving to beat the league with all the tropes of a common sports movie and narrated in 100% orcish.

>CSI Novigrad

Go back to Sup Forumseddit and never come back