What if instead of machines, humans are the ones who discover how to turn people into an infinite source of energy...

What if instead of machines, humans are the ones who discover how to turn people into an infinite source of energy? Are the elite capable of enslaving the entire human population in a virtual reality for the sake of energy?

If you'd asked this question when things pertaining to The Matrix were still coming out, I'd say it's a possibility. But since we're long done with The Matrix, no. No I don't think so.

the reason why Atheism is pushed to the masses now is to absolve our rulers of all moral responsibility for their actions. What they have planned is far worse than using people for energy.

>What they have planned is far worse than using people for energy.
putting little hats on us and making us do the monkey?

That doesn't make sense, atheism =/= lack of morality

>is to absolve our rulers of all moral responsibility for their actions
>religion
>morality
>pick one

practical religion is chauvinism towards those of other confessions, the moral aspect of religion is not even manifested towards your own kind (e.g. priests raping children of their own religion)

>Are the elite capable of enslaving the entire human population
That's what makes them the elite, pal.

If someone offered to put you into a "paradise" matrix in exchange for using your real body as a battery or computer would you do it? I think I would. Seems a fair deal.

nah making us do the monkey is worse

There's a big difference between being moral for the sake of being moral and believing that you will literally go to hell for eternity if you sin. That level of conviction used to be commonplace before modern science made atheism/materialism a plausible worldview.

>humans rejected paradise
Wouldn't they just adapt?

The problem of the matrix is that it doesn't need all thos le evil machines shit
As we see on the example of Cypher humanity would fucking love to live in virtual world. Its the nature of any living creature - to become a nematode. Spending less energy but getting more free.

No I wouldn't if it was some one size fits all paradise.
I need it to not only be tailored for me, but I need to be able to change things up when I get bored.

It wasn't until I watched this movie when I was much older that I realized Trinity is fucken hot

Humans turned into an energy source is ridiculously idiotic, for all intents and purposes human beings consume more energy than they produce. It was some seriously stupid shit in the movie.
Watch it for the creative camera work and the action scenes, not the garbage lore and shit-for-brains "sci-fi" concepts.

Same here. Didn't think much of her attractiveness when I saw the movies in high school/college, but it grew on me.

If it was really a paradise they would be the ones getting plugged in.

Oh fuck off. You think religion ever REALLY stopped people from doing fucked up shit to others? Just take a small look at History, the prospect of hell didn't do much to stop people from being arseholes.

>1% of Americans hold 99% of the wealth
>Yeah but what if they profited by exploiting the majority

You do not want to know, goy.