Just started watching this show a few days ago, didn't skip anything because my friend told me I'd regret it

Just started watching this show a few days ago, didn't skip anything because my friend told me I'd regret it.
Holy SHIT.
How do people NOT like this? This show is fucking awesome!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NEQ_WYM1FZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=fZwciWijsTw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think a lot of people hate the SJWs who latch onto the show like maggots

Why? Because of Pearl and Rose?
I know Ruby and Sapphire are girls but they weren't super explicit about them being gay.

This.

Without SJW bullshit cluttering the SU fanbase, I don't think people would hate it as much.
getting rid of the lorefags would also help

>"Just started watching this show a few days ago"
>Hasn't interacted with any fans other than his friend
There you have it, folks.

I guess you haven't seen Keystone Motel?

Though, they technically aren't gay considering that they're just rocks

I just finished Season 1, and yeah I know they're rocks lol, that's what On the Run was about.

Exactly my thoughts desu. I started the show back in 2014 when it was horribly underrated and I made this video to try and get it more well known.

youtube.com/watch?v=NEQ_WYM1FZ8

Now that it's more popular it's more cool to hate on it, I guess.

no

What got you guys into SU? For me it was this
youtube.com/watch?v=fZwciWijsTw

So this show doesn't really count as having gay relationships then.

That's something they still don't unambiguously show on children's tv.

I've loved it since it first came out back in 2013.

I'm in the official I liked it before it was cool club.
personally I wish it never got popular. SJWs ruined the fandom

>I've loved it since it first came out
I'm sorry you had to watch the animation quality degrade from the Walt Disney level pilot to the ATHF Season 1A

because it gets steadily worse after season 1 a whole lot fucking worse after season 2

Aren't the people who work on the show SJW's?

What? Season 2 is really slow but Season 3 is better than both.
Unless you're a 1A fag.

Mostly just Zuke. Sugar is bi but reserved about her political opinions.

I thought I was the only one that thought this show peaked in season 1.

Later stuff isn't as good, except a few episodes.

Not really.

They appeal to SJW ideas, but they aren't SJWs.
Thruve actually pissed off the SJWs a few times
>Bismuth
>Andy
>people can draw fanart the way they want to without being burned at the stake

>Lore ruined the show
No one would watch this show if not for the alien stuff. It would have ended after fifty episodes.

I think its the lack of lore that people don't like actually

Why would those things piss people off?

I kinda miss episodes like Frybo, and Cat Fingers, and Steven and the Stevens. Too much mundane stuff and hugging and crying.

>season 3 is better than both

you mean "someone cries literally every fucking episode because complex character development is hard" the season?

Season 3 is so much better than 2 it's not even funny

Fuck are you on about

Bismuth caused a shitstorm on tumblr for whatever reason

Andy caused a shitstorm cause treating someone who has different views from you like an actual human being is apparently harmful and racist.

Censorship of art is cool now because we don't wanna offend anyone

>Bismuth caused a shitstorm on tumblr for whatever reason
It's because she was voiced by a black girl and turned out to be an antagonist.
I really think they just don't know that Jasper is voiced by a black girl because Kimberly Brooks is an ACTUAL voice actor.

>Hating a good show because of the fans

The animation sucks, the fight scenes are lame, the designs are awful, the singing is cringeworthy, and everyone short of Steven's dad is a complete fucking fruitcake.

I sincerely struggle to understand why people like it. The only thing I can think of are the periodic anime references, but even those have gone past being homages into blatant pandering.

I don't understand, Sup Forums. I seriously fucking down. How many hours of my life do I have to waste before I do?

>Because of Pearl and Rose?
The team leader is a strong independent black woman that don't need no man.
Steven's mother figure is overly doting to the point of being patronizing.
And the third member is a racially ambiguious squat troll that continually stuffs its gullet and fails to be responsible.

It was tumblr incarnate from episode 1.

Unfortunately nothing can fix bad taste.

No. Seriously. Explain it to me.

Is your .gif some paltry attempt to show me an example of good animation?

>the cluster is a mindless, unthinking, unfeeling, massive abomination created for the sole purpose of destroying the planet from the inside out

>Steven makes friends with it

That was only 2 or 3 episodes in user, and the season never improved

if its not for you its not for you. go in peace, Sup Forumsnbanwa

OP asked why people don't like it, user.
I chose to post here instead of shitting up your general.

Maybe this thread is not for you.

If you don't like it then stop watching it. Are you some kinda retard or something?

I was willing to look past some of the SJW bullshit in this show because, admittedly, the full story is actually pretty good. Then I got to that episode. Gotta say, even with me being someone who's alright with putting dicey shit into kids' shows, that episode was fucking explicit, and not in the funny and entertaining way.

It tries way too hard to put the relationships between the gems front and center, but that really doesn't build for a good story or environment outside of a romance movie. Not in general, and sure as fuck not in a children's cartoon. The fusion innuendo was pretty funny and kinda entertaining the first couple times, but it straight up lost its polish less than halfway through the second season. Half the filler episodes are damn near unwatchable because they put fusion and girlfriend bullshit as the only thing that matters for the show.

All this said, I'm pretty sure that whomever it is that constantly bombards this board is one of the secondary writers trying to push the show on a wider crowd. Kinda like when PW was pushing his web series a while back.0

not that user but

season 3 was crazy shit happening back to back. a lot of it was contrived but it was entertaining. can't say the same for season 2.

no, I was simply saying you have bad taste.

>the cluster is a mindless, unthinking, unfeeling

well obviously all of those things are untrue and just assumptions you made

>no, I was simply saying you have bad taste.
Okay, so your .gif WAS a paltry attempt at demonstrating good animation.

holy fuck, the singing! not saying I agree with everything you said, but you reminded me of how much the singing took away from the narrative. Seriously, Better than You was the most disappointing moment in the entire season thus far

>If you don't like it then stop watching it
If only everyone was as reasonable as you,user.

Too bad everyone besides you says that it gets good after you devote roughly 6.5 hours of your life to it.

>mindless, unthinking, unfeeling
literally the opposite. the whole point of the scene was that it was was thinking too much and feeling too much to realize what was going on at first

no shit. but nobody knew it had feelings (including the writers, probably) until steven needed to use the power of friendship on it. it's shitty writing, and a good way to fuck over an entire season of building up an unseen antagonist

It's pretty good, although of course you'd say otherwise if you're set on being contrarian.

>the cluster is a mindless, unthinking, unfeeling
Isn't the whole point is that it wasn't any of those things, but rather it had TOO MANY minds, thoughts and feelings?

>This extremely popular cartoon with millions of views on youtube for short clips and a diehard fanbase has to be peddled by a secondary writer on a cartoon imaged board

You're being a little daft user.

Says the guy that likes SU.

But really now, I can see how people can like SU, but knowing that it pulls all of its cues from anime just makes me wonder, why don't SU fans just watch those shows instead of a watered down retelling.

I think 2.5 is the more realistic cutoff

>(including the writers, probably)
user I'm sorry if you're upset that a plot point didn't go the way you imagined it but you're just being daft at this point.

he didn't use the power of friendship, he reasoned with them. Do you really think the writers were planning to just have the gems drill the cluster and then get out? What happened may have been a cop out if your eyes but it was far more interesting and allows for it to become a plot device later.

In the end, the cluster wasn't really all that important anyways. it was a vehicle for peridot's redemption, and was dealt with so season 3 could deal with other shit.

steven had telepathy since like 20 episodes prior
It was pretty obvious things were gonna go down, i thought

I don't like the voice actors everyone's voice feels like it doesn't fit their character. I don't care for the music. The LORE is uninteresting.

Quit trying to troll Zuke, we know it's you. Since this is Sup Forums I'm just gonna have to say you're a flaming faggot.

>although of course you'd say otherwise if you're set on being contrarian.
It's not for the sake of being contrarian. It's being sincere.

Everything about the way the scene is animated is completely weightless. The malachite's body haze zero parabolic motion, you can literally see her loop as she's flying in mid air, and the collision itself is barely 2 frames.

The animation is not good. And combined with Steven Universe's complete insistence on avoiding shading altogether, it comes across as being effortless.

There you go. Actual, genuine criticism of the scene that, without a doubt, you'll blow off because I'm clearly not as refined as you are.

jfc

>lets write an entire season where our protagonists prepare to kill the apocalypse or die trying before revealing the the end of the word is actually just sensitive and misunderstood in the span of 5 minutes

that one's on me. it was meant as hyperbole

Look, OP. I just want to lick Garnet's asshole before i put my cock in it. That's all i have to say about that.

I watched SU when the first two episodes came out, didn't like it, stopped watching.

A friend was super into it at the time and convinced me to try it out again. Marathoned every episode the day before Mirror Gem/Ocean Gem aired. So I've been there for pretty much every major happening.

S4 has been pretty mediocre so far though, and with Amber joining the storyboard team I'm a little skeptical. If this is the end of SU being good, well, it had a good run.

I mean from the very beginning the first thing we learn about the fusion experiments is they're made up of crystal gems, ie the good guys who saved the planet
it was always something kinda tragic you could feel pity for rather than just an obstacle.
and I just don't see how the gems blowing it up or something is somehow less anti-climactic.

>It's not for the sake of being contrarian. It's being sincere.
Bruh all you were doing is taking a positive thing someone said and going "Nuh it's a negative thing", you're not being as subtle as you think you are. Real talk.

there's only one gem we can be sure has an asshole

It only goes down hill from there

>cluster wasn't important
>just a vehicle for character development
>dealt with just to get it over with

My problems exactly. Yes, just drilling would have been a shitty idea also. "just" anything would have been shitty. Imagine if, after the build up of The Return leading to Jailbreak, Steven had just convinced Jasper to stop being mean and go home. That's what it felt like they did with the cluster.

That's a fair point. The idea still deserved more than half an episode though

so because of these criticisms you can't see why people would like the show?

You're being a literal retard.

Oh, fuck off.

His only response was to post a single fucking .gif. THAT was his fucking argument as to why he thinks the show's animation was good and I explained in detail why the .gif itself was an example of the show's failings.

Wow user, I never thought of it like that before.

Great argument. I love Steven Universe now!

except the gif was randomly selected out of my folder. I shitposted that you had bad taste and you sperged out.

I never tried to argue because there's no way to argue with "everything is bad, all of it sucks, why does anyone disagree with me"

No, it was a more specific political statement. Radicals were annoyed that a black woman (technically just a gem but you'd be pedantic to argue that) standing up to violent oppressors with equal/greater violence was so heavily demonized, particularly in the midst of the BLM movement. They think peaceful protest is generally ineffective on issues involving violence and thought the crew were being insufferable liberals about it.

I don't think they actually expected better, honestly, but they wanted to make the kerfuffle anyway to establish their own political positions.

>except the gif was randomly selected out of my folder.
This is literally why I explicitly asked if you were posting the .gif to make a point. To which you attested that you felt it was an example of the show's quality. Why are you so dense?

>I never tried to argue
Because you don't know how to back up your points and you couldn't explain what's exemplary about the show even if you tried.

We don't talk about that episode user

I'm just gonna skip reading this entire thread and state my opinion:
I KNOW, right? It's just so dang good!

please show me where I said it was an example of the show's quality. I fucking said you had bad taste again.

>>Is your .gif some paltry attempt to show me an example of good animation?
>It's pretty good, although of course you'd say otherwise if you're set on being contrarian.
From your own post, assuming you're the same user.

That wasn't me.

Then quit trying to defend it.

ok, I think you're confused.

my first post was a reply saying you had bad taste. you asked if the gif was trying to disprove that, and then I said no, you have bad taste. Then you must have confused me for the user that said
>It's pretty good, although of course you'd say otherwise if you're set on being contrarian.

>OP hasn't gotten to Sworn To The Sword

Wew lad strap yourself in and get comfy because there's no leaving Ms. Sucrose's Wild Ride after that.

>ok, I think you're confused.
No shit, dumbass, you randomly interjected into a conversation I was having with another user. Which is why I (again) explicitly asked if you were a different user or not.

No. Seriously. How fucking dumb are you?
It's mind numbing. Why are you so goddamn obtuse?

except I literally didn't??? are you autistic? I replied two times and then you started talking to some other user. do you not understand how replies work or something? do I need to wear a trip for you to not sperg out? fucking end your life

I genuinely enjoy the gem episodes, but still think they're overhyped as fuck. The filler episodes, especially the "beach city people being stupid" episodes, are painful to watch, ANYTHING with Ronaldo I cannot stomach for more than a minute, and the rest of the townsfolk aren't much better.

>I replied two times and then you started talking to some other user.
That's exactly my point, dumbass. YOU are not that other user. You were responding to a post that was not directed at you, a post towards someone that actually was trying to justify the show's quality. That's called "interjecting".

well then I genuinely apologize for confusing you.

>singing during a fight with arc villain
>zomg awesome gaiz
Kill yourself

no, this show is garbage
episodes are either seinfeld level of talking about nothing, badly exposed lore because steven is a dumb fuck that isn't curious about anything, awkward character development or pastel body horror
you think it's going to be cool when jasper shows up, but the fight scenes ends pretty quickly and go back to pastel seinfeld
how can anyone endure steven's voice more than five secons

Needs more decent action scenes. Season 1 had a lot more decent action scenes. Just a few episodes with a few seconds of action like Garnet going CQC against a tentacle monster would do.

But I was the one who wrote that post you're so mad about and I can confirm I WAS the one who interjected in the first place.

I just noticed this post on the front page, sorry for leaving you hanging, I just stopped caring about the conversation halfway through.

>seinfeld level of talking about nothing
this is a compliment

>I just stopped caring about the conversation halfway through.
I'm unsurpised. Like I said, I figured you'd just blow it off.

>Walt Disney
Bitch please
The pilot wasn't animated any better or worse than any other CN pilot, you just miss the style (which would have looked even worse with a TV animation budget).
Think of all the QUALITY in the show currently and imagine that with a more detailed style. It'd be a fuckfest

Same reason people hate Undertale. It's got an annoying fandom and for some reason people can't ignore it and it ruins it for them.

It really loses it's touch from there.

Well it wasn't really very substantial, just 'it's bad' 'no it's good' 'no it's bad my OPINION is SINCERE'.

Too much filler.