>think
>think
>existential crisis
>think
>cry
>think
>suicide is only answer
>mfw

what did you think about this show? It actually changed my view on life. Also, pic is a pretty big spoiler.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=45a1NTArG-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Also mfw

I really like the show. I think it takes alot of skill to both make you laugh and kick you right in the balls. The fuck ups are so huge and you root for bojack despite him being a huge douche because you know why he's a huge douche and when the fuck ups happen it's almost cathartic but also fucking devastating.
Good stuff.

I just hope that S4 changes things up a bit, if it continues in the pattern of the previous 3 seasons it'll get a bit dull.

Yeah the pattern of Episode 11: things get fucked beyond repair and Episode 12: things get slightly better is getting kinda old.

i think it gets to a point where is not really a healthy thing to watch. i think this show very insidiously causes actual emotional damage, like the creators got so caught up in their own fame as "the depressing show" that this is the only aspect they are doubling down to the shows detriment

youtube.com/watch?v=45a1NTArG-g

>tfw

Reminds me of Moral Orel.

Is he beyond redemption?

bump

The show's creator said they were aware of it and tried to at least keep people guessing with the 3rd season Episode 11 and are at least conscious of the pattern

They tried using Sarah Lynn overdosing is used as a running gag till the last moments of the episode when she actually does to try fool people into a false hope. But it didn't work as well as they hoped because people still saw it coming

Yeah I definitely saw it coming.
Still managed to be an emotional moment.

I saw season one and two, I honestly just think the show is toxic. Season two was more entertaining than season one, but beyond that I think it's an empty experience.

Kudos to them for trying at least

But holy shit they made it way fucking harder to watch as you slowly realize what they are going to do that even though the episode is fucking hilarious. It ends up like an incredibly emotional uncomfortable trainwreck.

Bojack Horseman seems like a mouthpiece for how lot of the current generation feels. Our collective outlook on life has gone hopelessly cynical, and this show only served to perpetuate that. Don't get me wrong, it's a clever and funny show, and well worth a watch. But all you have to do is look at Bojack as a character to see that that outlook isn't really healthy.

But then again, what IS good for you nowadays?

Each of the episode 11's have been really cathartic.
At least Todd seems reasonably happy and successful despite being a NEET.

making a purpose is really what is needed but we need it leashed in reality rather then pleasure.
Schooling doesn't help in this regard because they just dump info in you and toss you out saying "good luck"
Ultimately most 18+ year olds don't have aspirations past, attention, money and/or love/sex so when they look at the future they can easily burn out.
That's why it's so hard for future kids to have a hope or dream, they are told to make "good" what they want rather then be help in a future they can survive/enjoy. Some will never make something of themselves regardless of what help they get, but I think the majority could make a life they love if they were given better direction other than "go to school, then college, then get job"

This. I don't have the motivation to work towards a career when I know it'll probably be some useless bullshit I'll be doing to make a living until I die. Life should be so much more than that, but despite being in a "free country", we're trapped in a very rigid system that compels you to follow the fold.

Even college is meaningless to me, I see all of these people getting shitfaced and fuckin each other, and while I personally lack the social skills to take part, I'm not totally convinced I want to be.

todd is a cute

Well duh, there's a reason why Kelsey kept telling him that.

bump

>you're so emotionally distant to cartoons/media that you can't get feelings from shows that are trying to directly contact you
>you will never feel so emotionally invested in a cartoon that you'll cry/get angry/feel disgusted upon watching it
>you'll never make a genuine feels thread on Sup Forums

>start taking antidepressants
>they kill my libido
>couldn't get it up last night

So long, antidepressants.

Todd is a cancer. People who are NEETs shouldn't feel that satisfied with themselves.

He's smart enough to know Japanese and to make a company that was worth millions. I feel like his satisfaction is justified.

Knowing other languages doesn't require intelligence. In fact, a talent of other languages usually just requires hearing a variety of phonemes pre-natally and in early childhood.

The whole company thing was a gag but I suppose you have a point with that.

>Some dumbass keeps saying Moral Orel is the best thing ever and makes Bojack look like trash.
>It turns out to be full of cringe. It also doesn't have the balls to end with a depressing scene very often whereas Bojack is a master at that.

I just like Bojack more now.

4th season should be the last, otherwise it will get too repetitive. Ends with Bojack finally being happy, or killing himself.

Or he becomes happy, but then suddenly dies in an accident, or is murdered.

Moral Morel is better than Bojack. Bojack has no subtly and is basically just basking in 'feels' whereas Orel for the most part goes for some genuine gut wrenches. Boajck hasn't had any impact at all past the first season. If you're fine with that then go on ahead but don't shit talk other series in an attempt to come off better.

These are all shit options. As the show addressed in three, they have relied too much on fetishising sadness. There's no where to go but deeper if all the nuance is gone. They've trapped themselves.
A fourth season should end, numb. Make it about other people in his life. Give him a problem and have him try to fix it. Keep that story indisperesed admist all the other episodic plotlines. Never finish the Bojack story because, like his friends, we've grown tired and uninvested in his constant wallow. End the series with the cast finally getting together after a season of personal growth at the elephante. Don't even address the fact that Bojack isn't there. He's run away to do his own thing and escape them too much now.

The show ends when his friends all finally move on.

Also, Moral Orel's VAs are more consistent. Whether it's a dramatic or a funny scene, Clay is still Clay. Will Arnett modulates his voice to a ridiculous extent when he's trying to be dramatic.

Also, Moral Orel never told me I'm a misogynist for being pro-life.

Well, Moral Orel did get canceled for being "too depressing".

It seems English isn't your first language, so its kinda hard to tell what your saying at times. At any rate the show is called "Bojack Horseman". He's the main character, even if there is a strong supporting cast. It should end on him.

The other characters can get resolution too, but Bojack should be the last image.

>Clay takes his belt off to beat his son.
>His pants fall down.
>Episode ends on that "high note."

Yes, this is the epitome of great and subtle humor. We have reached comedy levels that shouldn't be possible. Moral Orel was depressing for its time, but honestly now it is forgettable. I need a show that doesn't have a "moral" main character that is able to blame all of his faults on his father instead of delving into things that the third season of Bojack touched on. That sometimes we need to be responsible for our mistakes. Moral Orel never does this with its nain protagonist.