There was a panel called "TV Game changers" with rebecca sugar,alex hirsch,Lauren Faust...

There was a panel called "TV Game changers" with rebecca sugar,alex hirsch,Lauren Faust, craig mckracken and butch hartman. Nobody is talking about it even tough they said a lot of interesting stuff.Heres the info i could find.
>Panel opened with clips to introduce the creators. They played the SU theme song for Rebecca and EVERYBODY sang along haha
>Started out with how Craig and Butch got into making cartoons in the late 80s/early 90's. Then Lauren talked about going from Iron Giant to working on PPG bc she liked to draw 2d.
>Rebecca talked about how she wanted to be in animation but do her comics on the side, but was surprised that she was going to be able to tell the kind of stories she wanted to tell with cartoons. She talked about how Pen was really encouraging with her on adventure time to be honest with her work.
>Alex knew he had a vision of the show he wanted so he was really strict with his story people, and made sure he took part in writing everything. He felt the spontaneous and loose style of Flapjack wouldnt have worked for a show with continuity. Really admires Rebecca for making it work and asked her how she managed to make it work. He talked about being in school and being baffled that people would rather make boring old props for Pixar when there was a 'clear path to having your own show' through storyboarding.

cont.

>Lauren talked about her struggles with finding a studio that would let her make a 'girl show'. Finally found success with MLP because they absolutely weren't looking for boy audiences (cue audience laughter). She also talked about working for DC and said that the reason that CN didnt want Super Best Friends Forever was because they already had a girl show with Steven Universe. Rebecca got super flustered about it for a moment haha and then they talked about how lame it was there wasn't more girl shows on tv.
>Butch talked about how he sold Danny Phantom on the name alone at a dinner with a Nickelodeon Exec one evening. Alex said he was developing a show named "Jimmy Spookums".
>Everybody talked about what they were currently working on. Craig said that SU and Gravity Falls really paved the way for continuity in cartoons so he's developing a show with a solid beginning middle and end structure. Lauren is working on a new project she cant talk about, but is really excited about, and Butch talked about his new project and threw some toys from it into the audience (like.. troll things I think? dont quite remember).
>Alex said he's working on a 'dream project' supposedly a movie, but cant say anything other than that. He also said his phone was ringing off the hook after GF but he took a year off to travel the world. Rebecca wished they could trade places for a day and he said that nobody would notice and then did an impression of Grunkle Stan if he appeared on SU: "Hey you Crystal Gemulets!" Rebecca is in the trenches on SU but feels like what they're currently working on is "very ambitious".

Where?

Why is Mommy Lauren tainting her pure hand by touching that otherworldly troll creature

it happened on CTNexpo last friday

Poor Pen changes the paradigm and doesn't even get an invite. At least Sugar acknowledges his existence.

It's a dominate shoulder touch though. Faust is communicating to Sugar that even with the success of Steven Universe she (Faust) is still head bitch.

>Craig said that SU and Gravity Falls really paved the way for continuity in cartoons

Poor Avatar. :(

>Started out with how Craig and Butch got into making cartoons in the late 80s/early 90's.

The great old guard, I wish that Seth Macfarlane and Genndy were there too, they worked on really good stuff when CN was starting.

>Craig said that SU and Gravity Falls really paved the way for continuity in cartoons so he's developing a show with a solid beginning middle and end structure.

Anti-lorefags BTFO

>Lauren is working on a new project she cant talk about
>Alex said he's working on a 'dream project' supposedly a movie, but cant say anything other than that. He also said his phone was ringing off the hook after GF but he took a year off to travel the world.

Interesting.

Shit is that we will have to wait 4-5 years to know what the hell Lauren, Craig and Hirch are working on.

Well... Korra is so forgetable that it kinda buried anything atla related with her.

Avatar is too anime-like and different from general "cartoony" mainstream western animation, similar - apart from the anime part - thing with DC cartoons like Justice League.

SU, GF, WOY and others are more like "typical" cartoons.

There have been many cartoons with continuity before, also before AtLA, but none of them have made it a "thing". While we haven't seen the aftermath of SU and GF just yet, apparently the higher ups are taking notice this time. Will it actually change the way cartoon plots are structured? We'll have to see.

How could Alex control his spaghetti so near his crush?

OOOOOH NOBODY GIVES A SHIT

Why are they book ended by twin bald guys?

>Game changers
>rebecca "muh feelings write for myself" sugar
>Halex "half a season was good so I'm god" Hirsh
I feel sad for the people who had to be part of that mess.

Faust is obviously trying to claim Sugar's soul for her master Dark Lord Satan, but Rebbeca being a Jew is protected by the Seal of Solomon.

Your butthurt is delicious.

>Craig said that SU and Gravity Falls really paved the way for continuity in cartoons so he's developing a show with a solid beginning middle and end structure. Lauren is working on a new project she cant talk about, but is really excited about, and Butch talked about his new project and threw some toys from it into the audience
I'm predicting 2/3 of those projects get killed by the companies they're pitching to

She's never going to touch you, user

Literally every boy oriented action show has had continuity going on in the past decades. Ben 10, transformers, ninja turtles. Trying to pretend SU or GF pushed it is fucking retarded and just proves that whole panel was a staged marketing even.

>McKracken, an industry veteran, wants WoY to have continuity, Disney says no
>Hirsh, an industry newcomer, wants GF to have continuity, Disney says yes
>Disney stops WoY after two seasons
>Disney begs Hirsh for a third

Being an 'industry veteran' usually just means people want you to make the same thing forever. If Hirsch hadn't taken a year off, he would have had to make Gravity Falls 3.0.

>game changing
When I see the "before" and "after" of that game change I'm not sure anybody won anything from it.

So is it confirmed that Faust actually had a kid, or is that just a rumour someone started to avoid having to face the grim reality?

She straight up said she had a daughter in one of those Nick podcasts

If I remember correctly, her firstborn was claimed as part of her pact, but any following children are hers to keep.

Things like this used to be funny before the meme war

now I expect one of you fuckers to just go up to her and say 'LALALALA lol your miscarriage was because of your deal with satan'

Her Twitter feed has shown her to be an enemy of Kek she must know the consequences of that

This sounds like an interesting and entertaining panel. Thanks for sharing, OP.

Is Faust still working on the Medusa movie for Sony?

>Butch talked about how he sold Danny Phantom on the name alone at a dinner with a Nickelodeon Exec one evening. Alex said he was developing a show named "Jimmy Spookums".

I wonder how Butch feels about his relationship with Nick. All his non-FOP shows keep getting canceled, but he's still able to sell Nick new ones.

Medusa is dead, you got Sausage Party instead

>She also talked about working for DC and said that the reason that CN didnt want Super Best Friends Forever was because they already had a girl show with Steven Universe. Rebecca got super flustered about it for a moment haha and then they talked about how lame it was there wasn't more girl shows on tv.

c-cute

He'd probably be too nervous to go anyway man.

Cool

But that wasn't even done by Sony Pictures Animation

Bump

>that whole panel was a staged marketing even.

marketing for what? they don't even work for the same companies.

He didn't say they were the first, just that they paved the way for the current demand for continuity.

I for one would love to witness the secret occult wars between animators.

Her last name is Faust afterall.

Woy was mediocre and -that's the important part- had bad ratings. Continuity wouldn't saved it.

>"TV Game changers"
>they all work in animation
They didn't change shit about tv, maybe nobody is talking about it because it was a stupid fucking panel name.

Really? I would've thought the important part would be the ratings.

I said exactly that.

No, you said WoY was mediocre and that's the important part

WoY only had bad ratings because it was on Disney XD

If that's the case I feel like Adventure Time should get some credit for kicking down that barrier.

I mean they fucked it up but I still think they proved at the start that there was a thirst in the audience for lore and story arcs.

WoY wasn't mediocre and we all know it, and the given reason for not continuing the show was that it did well on reruns so Disney didn't want to pay for more.