Why is there no debate over this film?

This whole board seems to hate it in unison. How is that possible? It's an enjoyable movie.

>movie
It felt more like a virtual Star Wars museum tour. The '''''characters''''' were just vehicles to move us from one iconic Star Wars setpiece to another.
Look it's the Falcon!
Look it's Han and Chewie!
Look it's Space Chess
Look it's Leia!
Look it's a Death Star
Next movie will be the exact same shit

>an enjoyable movie

for like 5 seconds until you realise what a hack rehash job the plot is

then you'll feel insulted

Sup Forums hates good or okay movies.

Nothing new.

>This whole board seems to hate it in unison.
A small vocal minority of autistic underage kids does not the whole board make. They're just still upset that prequels get shat on and so they retaliate by shitting on the new star wars films despite them being actually good.

I enjoy the film and I've seen it 8 or 9 times
Who gives a shit what the autists on Sup Forums think about anything, they like Batman vs Superman so they cede all claim to good taste in movies already

>This whole board seems to hate it in unison. How is that possible? It's an enjoyable movie.

Just turn off your brain right?

It's an enjoyable movie but an insult to Star Wars, which is a religion of a franchise.

>tfw they reboot the entire original trilogy right in our faces and faggots still defend it

>he likes TFA

I loved it!
Maybe it's because I watched it in IMAX 3D with the booming sound in a huge screen but I didn't even mind the rehashing and nostalgia pandering.

It was like visiting an old city and seeing old friends that you haven't been to and haven't seen since you were a child.

I was born in 84 and grew up with the originals but never got to see them in theaters just VHS, something I always regretted; never seeing them in their full glory.
I was one of the suckers lining up to watch the prequels in 1999 and was severely disappointed.
Maybe the people who hate it are the ones who grew up with the prequels and never truly understood the greatness of the originals.

the movie was hot garbage the fuck are you smoking?

holy bait on a stick

i know you're bait but for the sake of my own sanity i'll tell you it's the opposite, the vocal minority are the ones pretending this was anything more than absolute garbage.
You will see the remaining "people" defending it when we get close to the next release, as shills and bots will come back here to generate buzz

Or maybe the people who like the prequels are just plain stupid and wouldn't know a good movie if it was coming in nightly to fuck their mom upstairs while they lived in the basement.

I absolutely loved Rey's humble beginnings and it was all off the rails from then. \

The hero's journey is null and void when you're already the hero.

If you're gonna make arguments against the majority opinion atleast make arguments and don't just say "it's an enjoyable movie".

the prequels were full of emergent imaginative races and planets and cultures that made the original star wars so interesting.

TFA had nothing of this.

>disliking TFA means you liked the prequels
i see your kind is still around this board

Yea but when the story is garbage and the director is an autistic hack who can't write good dialogue or a good scene then that kind of mitigates the fuck out of that doesn't it?

What, seriously,what did TFA offer other than:

>quips
>non-existent character arcs
>main characters that did nothing
>uninspired production design
>incorrectly used dutch angles
>another Death Star
>bad character development
>Dr. Who-tier creature designs
>nostalgia baiting
>awful CGI
>wishy washy """"""""""""""""""""""villain""""""""""""""""""""""
>bad pacing
>forced quips
>muh boyfriend
>major plot holes
>toothless villains who don't do anything even remotely frightening
>a predictable, derivative story
>even more dumb, forced quips
>nooooooooooo it was Snoke, he seduced our shhuuuuun
>the OT actors phoning it in in full-on "well, it's a paycheck" mode
>overused filming locations that were easy to spot that even Game of Thrones do a better job making it look like they are set in a fictional world
>that fucking tentacle monster sequence
>an incoherent post-ROTJ universe that's such a convoluted mess that it makes AOTC look as straightforward as ANH
>that horrid helicopter shot
>orange Yoda
>hurdur "mystery boxes"

It was an utter, unredeemable trainwreck, and the only reason why people are afraid of saying that the emperor is truly wearing no clothes, is unlike in 1999 for TPM, we're inundated with the opinions of idiots (reddit) and the never ending torrents of shill reviews on RT and the nerd blogs, all desperate for those sweet disney bux.

Shitty ripoff of lovecraftian elements.

Imaginative yet completely terrible
A+ for creative effort F for results

>this whole board seems to hate it in unison
no they don't

initial reception of the film was fairly positive

over time the people who hated it have gotten louder and posted their opinion more frequently

Sup Forums has never agreed on ANYTHING in unison and it never will

Someone said they're banning people for this
Let's find out

>awful CGI
It's another "movie is bad = cgi is bad" episode

Well, you're absolutely right.

The first film, it was a fan film. It loved the subject matter a lot but payed zero respect to it.

I remember watching the VHS tape of The Empire Strikes Back after renting it from a "mom & pop" video store since I was told by a friend that I had to see star wars. I was eight years old at the time.

You can have the insight as an adult to recognize nostalgia when it may happen. Empire was simply an incredible movie. Rogue One attempted it and fell flat on it's face. It's an emotion-puller for sure but it is not a great film.

They figured out what could jerk tears on a corporate level and the audiences, at least in the west are starting to recognize an emotional uncanny valley. We don't want your formulas. We want real, true emotion in film.

Disney is purely robotic now though, and I doubt they can deliver like they once did.

someone post the webm

Really, user? The designs were really bad. Even Snoke looked unfinished, hence why the promotional pic released recently looked far better. The CGI for Maz was really good, though so I give them credit for that.

yea that is really pretty wild. are they all joking or what