/tog/ - The Orville General

Works On All Fruits and Salads Edition.

what do you have to say about the show itself?

"background noise the show"

i enjoyed watching the pilot. i was expecting a sitcom because the trailer made it look like it was a sitcom but i'm not disappointed it wasn't. i'm just looking for a show that's not an angsty soapie chick show like std or supergirl.

Anybody else notice the hints of classic Trek in the soundtrack? Had me in tears sometimes. Then someone would make a McFarlanean joke and I was out of it. I'm worried that that's going to be the way of the series, wonderful classic Trek feels ruined by dumb quips.

6 hours until next episode.

several more for us non-americans to see it

I enjoyed it. It is way more straight edge then I thought it would be. I was expecting like galaxy quest. But it really feels like star trek but if the characters were actually human and had fun. Like if the office or archer cast were in the enterprise. There's room for improvement but I'm hopefully it'll find a good balance of jokes and serious bits.

While we have FOX shills here, can I request for a Simpsons episode where Sneed and Chuck return?

I would let Adrianne Palicki penetrate me for sure

???

(s)he's the embodiement of the 'not sure if trap'-appeal

reminder that CUTE

what would the sex be like?

eyebrows no eyebrows what's going on

last second editions

> expecting Galaxy quest

I think that's what everyone was hoping for.

> getting Star Trek but with realistic people

I'm ok with this. Sadly I don't see it lasting more than a season because, come on, this IS Fox were dealing with.

good

You mean removals.

Hopefully he'll get the message to cut out some of the comedy. I don't mind the pizza party stuff or the guy wanting soda on the bridge, but the constant references to balls and dicks was a little much

>was hoping for

for me, i wasn't hoping for galaxy quest. i just expected it because trailer made it seem like it's like galaxy quest. and i'm also ok with not getting galaxy quest. i like the show as it is.

and, yeah, fox tends to be shitty towards viewers in their quest for top ratings. hopefully, if fox cancels it, netflix or amazon will pick up the show.

i'm going to study witchcraft and voodoo so i can lay a curse on network execs who cancel shows i like.

>guy wanting soda

that is so me. i'm addicted to sada.

am i the only one, anons?

*soda

also, at the risk of starting a cocacola vs pepsi war, the truth needs to be stated: coca cola tastes great, pepsi sucks

>notice the hints of classic Trek in the soundtrack
>hints

Why were they still 'riding the donkey' after the helmsman stepped away from his seat?

bad writing

can't wait to see them in constant reruns on Adult Swimâ„¢ for the next 10 years.

Dead on arrival

But it has Fox's highest rated debut in two years!

in 2 years? man fox has set the bar pretty low.

why watch this when I could watch Galaxy Quest again?

I'm pretty sure the 32nd viewing of Galaxy Quest is funnier than the first time watching a new episode of this.

>i like the show as it is.
Let's not get retarded. The "humor" is definitely holding it back.

Galaxy Quest is getting a television series reboot.

>cut out some comedy
it needs more humor, but the humor also needs to actually be good.

>(s)he's the embodiement of the 'not sure if trap'-appeal
Leap into a fire, permaverg.

ermmm

Why are there two helmsmen, except the black guy helmsmen doesn't do anything
Why are all the jokes absolute dogshit
Why does the Data knockoff literally sound like Brent Spiner is voicing him
Why is Seth in his 40s in this show and is literally just being introduced to new alien species he's never heard of before

They handle the controls and there is more to do than steering.

Traditional military doctrine goes out the window and faggot Flag Officers decide its absolutely appropriate to order a ship captain to work with his cheating ex-wife as his first officer just for the sake of shitty plot: the show

>Malarkey is fucking dumb too

Literally 1 minute in and there is cuckoldry. What makes it worse, he accepts her back as his first officer. You cannot make this shit up. The ending reveals that there is much more to this but still, WHAT THE FUCK?

show is comfy to be honest family. will be tuning in.

Why is cheating cuckoldry?
Cuckoldry would be if he stayed and watched or didn't left the whore.
If anything it's a redpill, that you should focus on your family and not on your job

>Cuckoldry would be if he stayed and watched or didn't left the whore.
Read a book you fucking idiot, what you're describing is the fetishization of cuckoldry.

it's a new CBS talking point

Honestly the only show I want to see more of right now.
I hope this episode delivers.

> Seth MacFarlane makes a star trek parody that's better and pays more respect than the actually new star trek show

How? Is it just that good or is the new Trek just that bad?

Both. Can't wait until STD debuts so we can shitpost more accurately.

>tfw Jason Isaacs was right

>Traditional military doctrine goes out the window
NOT A MILITARY ORGANIZATION
WE WUZ EXPLORERS AN SHEEEEEEIT

Reminder that any posts bashing the show or attempting to portray fans of the show as sexist, racist, etc. are being made by CBS in an attempt to control the Discovery/Orville narrative

The sfx looked cheap, some SyFy shows looked better on a fraction of the budget.
MacFarlane can't act.
It was slow, boring and for a comedy show it simply wasn't funny.

The show is shit, hope it dies fast.

This. Discovery is spending 10M per episode and is using established film actors such as the great Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy from Harry Potter, as well as several other wonderful roles) and Michelle Yeoh (Supercop, Crouching Tiger, you name it). Get ready to get completely destroyed, Orvillefags.

I turned it off halfway through. Did it ever get good?

No. And don't watch the episode airing today. DO NOT WATCH THE ORVILLE EPISODE AIRING TODAY.

I like watching train wrecks to see how much I can take. Orville was one of those shows so bad it made be uncomfortable. Wanna see how far I can make it with episode 2.

eh, it can be two things. I'm holding out zero hope for STD to not be a clusterfuck but Orville does have some issues.

>Sup Forums caring about being portrayed as sexist, racist, etc.
You're obviously the shill here fuck off

Gonna be garbage. They're taking a show that was at its best when it was a thoughtful inspection of serious topics and turning it into action schlock.

They can dump as much money as they want on it. If the script is shit, it'll just be a polished turd.

CBSposts were identified early on in Orville threads and they're now trying to flip the script. The thing is, they used this tactic too late. Posts like are just desperate attempts to alter the known fact that CBS are posting in The Orville threads in attempts to demean and discredit it in any way possible. It's too little, and it's too late. We're on to you, CBS. You are the one who will fuck off.

What if the first ten minutes of Discovery is Michelle Khan fighting like forty other women in a kung fu battle, expertly choreographed, with no cuts

>Why are there two helmsmen, except the black guy helmsmen doesn't do anything
One is the pilot, the other the navigator
>Why are all the jokes absolute dogshit
Seth McFarlane
>Why does the Data knockoff literally sound like Brent Spiner is voicing him
Because it's a Data knockoff
>Why is Seth in his 40s in this show and is literally just being introduced to new alien species he's never heard of before
He's been on Earth most of his life, this is his first command. Even if you live in some multicultural hellhole like London or New York, you won't meet all the peoples of the world.

You can harp on about cbs shills all you want. Doesn't change the fact that orville is an objectively terrible show and seth mcfarlane is a hack on multiple levels. It won't get a second season.

I can harp on about CBS shills all I want, because they're present and very, very, VERY active in these threads. Fuck you, you stupid piece of shit. CBS is cancer and it will not get away with mangling Star Trek, and it also will not get away with abusing Orville fans in some retarded astroturfing campaign which is obvious and simple.

>ctrl+f mega
>no results
come on, guys, help a nibba out

And what if it's 10 minutes of 2 dudes shitting in a bathtub? The answer is it isn't going to be that, because that would be absurdly out of context and contrary to the aim of the story.

Are they going to get the original cast to reprise their roles? Well, the ones still living anyway.

>2 dudes shitting in a bathtub
>one of them is Michael
kino

I halfway suspected it was Brent Spiner voicing the robot. It sounds just like him. Also, my main issue with the crew was both the captain and the first officer going down to the research lab. Isn't one of them supposed to stay behind on the ship? Wouldn't it have made more sense to leave the first officer behind and take the science officer with them to a research lab? That shit triggered my Trekkie autism.

I wonder how the second episode will go, since it isn't the pilot so presumably some things will change (security officer's eyebrows being an example) and it won't have to waste time introducing everyone.

>security officer's eyebrows being an example
Don't even joke about that.

People saying Orville is bad are not cbs shills, they're people with taste. Discovery hasn't even come out yet you spastic retard.

>Discovery hasn't even come out yet you spastic retard.
Does it even need to? It's JJTrek garbage.

I'm no longer going to respond to CBS in attempts at discussion, because it's just not possible. They're paid agitators. I will call them out, though. CBS: you're being watched. You will be identified when you post.

Oh I'm sure it'll be shit too. It's got the worst nigger from walking dead as the lead.
Orville is a horrible show and tonight's episode will reinforce that fact.

>CBS reduced to suicide bombing to take The Orville down with it since they cannot produce rational argumentation, or a good show, to compete

it might not be good, but it's not horrible. sorta unoffensive tv filler, usual mcfarlane stuff

Delusion is a hell of a drug

She had no eyebrows in the pilot but she does in the second episode. Am I wrong? Did I hop universes again, or is it just a stroke this time?

Will RLM do a double review of this and STD?

Shitty scifi and shitty comedy. The first joke was a cum joke ffs.

Are we sure it was cum? What if he was pissing himself because he got caught in an affair? Might it even have been just sweat? Maybe smurfaliens sweat in spurts. Do we even have confirmation that the geyser of blue liquid ejaculated all over the bedroom had anything to do with the sexual encounter, considering that it was an alien with alien physiology? Maybe smurfs do that all the time. Do you know? I don't. I don't have any information about that. What's with the assumptions?

Watching now. The joke about the grey goo exterminating humanity was alright

Cuckoldry is cheating. You don't have to see it or stay with her in order to be a cuckold. And Seth's character is a literal cuckold in the beginning.

question: watching with out a nielson box doesn't help ratings, but does watching on fox's streaming app?

well they do track DVR stats for series

Nielsen boxes are just for show. Cable boxes, DVRs, anything online is tracked. Even torrents are tracked.

its a shame they took such a gorgeous female and put and her a lot of make up
still cute though

Ed is fucking based. Dumping that cheating slut on the fucking spot. Alpha as fuck.

The Orville is the best show being aired on broadcast right now.

Too bad about those fake tits.

Yeah, same here. Won't watch anything other than episode 1 of STD though.

The shitposting potential if off the charts though.

>The Orville is the best show being aired on broadcast right now.

Oh I get it! It's the ONLY show being aired right now.

No, that isn't what I meant at all! Haha! Innocent mistake! I forgive you!

Not worth it to me. I'll have to make do with episode 1.

>fake
no

There's a helmsman (white guy) and a navigator (black guy)
The jokes are fine
It's not a Data knockoff, it's an alien.
The galaxy is a very big place.

People who use the word "why" to start four sentences in one post sound like whiny little bitches.

Dropped after he took his whore ex wife as his first officer.It would have been ok for one episode and then he told her to fuck off,but no he had to bee a good cuck boy.

I ain't watching this shit anymore. Oh it's totally fine for your wife to fuck other men if she's a little lonely even aliums agree,fuck this faggot as nu-male show. It's for faggots and women.

Check out some of her others photos. There's a very good chance those are fake.